Thread: WoWDB Feedback

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Trying to find a list of abilities in Siege of Orgimmar that Dark Simulacrum works on.

There are threads, but would be neat to just have it be a search of the database and let the threads determine BEST use rather than what works and what fails by trial and error.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rum-and-Seige/
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t133185-...e_spreadsheet/

I tried searching wowhead but did not get very far.

I was able to search for NPC Abilities added in patch 5.4.0 that are spellstealable, but wasn't able to find a way to limit them to hostile NPCs in the Siege of Orgrimmar zone.

http://www.wowhead.com/spells=-8?fil...1;crv=50400:0#.

On wowdb, I wasn't even able to find spellstealable.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/npc-abil...er-patch=17056

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    On wowdb, I wasn't even able to find spellstealable.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/npc-abil...er-patch=17056
    I can't help with the other things, but it is possible to narrow spells down to those that may be stolen. Go into Filters, scroll down to Attributes, and select "Cannot be spell-stolen"; set the option box to "No". http://www.wowdb.com/spells/npc-abil...er-patch=17056

Of course, your post was written nearly a month ago so maybe this option was added since. /doesnotknow
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    2021-09-21

possible to make wowdb links show tooltip on mmoc forums?

e.g.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/53344-ru...allen-crusader

Try hovering over your link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    possible to make wowdb links show tooltip on mmoc forums?

e.g.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/53344-ru...allen-crusader
    Under Quick Info box on the right side, click the link labeled "Forum link". From there, it's a simple copy and paste. (Using the raw URL works too, but doesn't look as pretty. )
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Can this thread be stickied, please? I can never find it by using MMO-C's search function - I have to use a web search to find it. :\ In the meanwhile, I suppose I'll have to bookmark it.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/89264-che...d:currency-for vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=89264#currency-for

WoWDB should at least show the name of the vendor who exchanges the token for armor, if not actually link to that NPC.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    My #1 thing on the wishlist is still raid encounter pages for fights with multiple NPCs, so that people can type in "Paragons" or "Will of the Emperor" and what-have-you, and actually pull up a useful encounter page showing the bosses, loot, etc. Because seriously, who the fuck remembers the actual names of the Spirit Kings?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'm not trying to be a dick, but just being honest:

WoWDB is utterly useless thanks to the established Wowhead.

No page I have ever gone on WoWDB has ever had comments, maybe one in every hundred would have comment, possible two, yet WoWHead is filled with them, with an excellent system to vote up contributing comments and hide the crap.

WoWhead has also been pushing guides as of late, both by staff, and by users, and they are very high quality, and again, rated, to keep away from the crap.

It's like Bing and Google, a minority may use the underdog, but it's an almost impossible task to ever get close.

I'd push for more user comments and the like, because curse network sites use WoWDB and some other websites, it actually puts me off the third party website, because I'm just not going to find what I want on DB, so pushing it's existance through other sites and networks is great, but when it had zero content apart from a somewhat automated database, I find very little use.

It's great for what it was created for, i.e, mmoc, but that huge hole of user interaction is dragging it down.

The interface is very clean, nice and fresh for WoWDB though, that's a plus.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a legitimate criticism, but one that requires the community and not the Curse devs to fix.

Those of us who contribute comments are doing the best we can to get necessary comments up there. A handful of us can't compete with wowhead's years as a popular database, but we do make a point to get useful information up there, especially for new patch stuff. There are thousands more comments now than there were when the site first launched, and most of them are on more useful stuff like new patch content, achievements, quests, holidays and events, etc.

The best way to increase the amount of comments is for more people to actually contribute. There's not really much Curse can do if most people want to point out the lack of comments but not post their own
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-01-22 at 11:54 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    WoWDB has gone back to not properly linking to an external website. The last time this occurred was when I linked out to Sayge's Wowpedia article (still not resolved). Now it will not link out to Wikipedia in my second comment for Time-Worn Journal (http://www.wowdb.com/items/103977-ti...rnal?comment=3).
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2014-05-07 at 08:20 PM.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account

Question

On Monday, I checked my progression towards the WoWDB web site achievement, "That's Loyalty." For a reason unknown to me, my counter was reset from 89/100 to 1/100. I mentally checked over times that I visited WoWDB on Sunday (I'm always logged in) and converted it into the timezones Simca suggested in chat (GMT and CST) and there is simply no way that I failed to visit the website for that day. I'm reasonably certain the issue arose late Sunday/Monday morning because I'd checked it late afternoon on Sunday.

Alayea also experienced weirdness on Monday with the achievement. She also had her progression reset to 1, but about an hour later was at 80/100 (which, while an improvement, is not the correct number; she should have the same progression as myself). It seems at least the counter still increments because I am now at 4/100.

Is it possible for the counter to be manually adjusted? While I will still visit WoWDB (multiple times) every day because I do stuff with it, it doesn't feel good to see 4/100 and know that it ought to read 91/100.

Also, my user name still shows up incorrectly when viewed under Recently Earned while looking at a web site achievement. Ex: Screenshot Master. I used a Curse nickname credit to change from "aliok" to "Aliok" a very long time ago.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2014-03-25 at 08:58 PM. Reason: now 37 instead of 4
    2021-09-21

I feel like WoWDB lacks the 'community' that WowHead has. With Wowhead, on top of all the information that the drop locations and tooltips give you, you have comments that provides other useful information that can be voted on based on usefulness. Wowhead also has the biggest repository of Screenshots while WoWDB unfortunately has very little.

I feel that the roles of each of the websites are reversed. While Wowhead has a powerful database, it has a terrible Forum and meh reporting. MMO-Champ on the other hand, has an amazing forum and great reporting yet not too strong of a database.

I've noticed that WoWDB requires a Curse login to contribute, separate from your MMO-Champ credentials. I feel like if you integrated WoWDB better into MMO-Champion somehow you would see some better results.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I've noticed that WoWDB requires a Curse login to contribute, separate from your MMO-Champ credentials. I feel like if you integrated WoWDB better into MMO-Champion somehow you would see some better results.
    Eventually, maybe, possibly at some point we will also use the Curse login system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    On Monday, I checked my progression towards the WoWDB web site achievement, "That's Loyalty." For a reason unknown to me, my counter was reset from 89/100 to 1/100. I mentally checked over times that I visited WoWDB on Sunday (I'm always logged in) and converted it into the timezones Simca suggested in chat (GMT and CST) and there is simply no way that I failed to visit the website for that day. I'm reasonably certain the issue arose late Sunday/Monday morning because I'd checked it late afternoon on Sunday.

Alayea also experienced weirdness on Monday with the achievement. She also had her progression reset to 1, but about an hour later was at 80/100 (which, while an improvement, is not the correct number; she should have the same progression as myself). It seems at least the counter still increments because I am now at 4/100.

Is it possible for the counter to be manually adjusted? While I will still visit WoWDB (multiple times) every day because I do stuff with it, it doesn't feel good to see 4/100 and know that it ought to read 91/100.
    This problem is still active and it rather peeves me that others have already gotten the That's Loyalty website achievement just today while Aliok and I (and perhaps more others too) are still waiting for a fix. (I know it's not something the MMo-C people can deal with -- this is aimed at the WoWDB devs.)
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    While it's great that the vote comment bug is finally fixed, placing the comment score inside the actual comment is stupid. The first thing people are going to look at is the score, for better and/or worse. They won't want to bother with looking at some user's avatar first before realizing the score is further to the right -- and practically smushed into the body of the comment. Please revert this change.
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, Grayson's Torch does not display all its stats. The off-hand also has a bonus 6 Armor in addition to its Spirit.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account

Re: WoWDB Feedback

WoWDB still does not correctly handle external web site links in certain situations. Examples: http://www.wowdb.com/items/103977-ti...rnal?comment=3 (under page 14) and http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/14822-sayge?comment=1

Although the link is formed correctly and shows the correct link when hovered over while in the comment editor, the final (or saved) comment links to the item page that the comment is posted to.

I don't know for sure what is causing the problem. Perhaps it's due to the links containing an apostrophe...?

Anyway, I have use a direct link (copy/paste the raw URL) in the comment to get around the problem.

-------

Also, WoWDB still does not take the user to the actual comment when clicking on a link that specifies a specific comment. As an example, contrast the behavior of http://www.wowdb.com/items/103977-ti...rnal?comment=3 versus http://www.wowhead.com/item=103977#comments:id=1907165.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2014-03-25 at 09:50 PM. Reason: clarity
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    On Monday (Feb 17, I checked my progression towards the WoWDB web site achievement, "That's Loyalty." For a reason unknown to me, my counter was reset from 89/100 to 1/100. I mentally checked over times that I visited WoWDB on Sunday (I'm always logged in) and converted it into the timezones Simca suggested in chat (GMT and CST) and there is simply no way that I failed to visit the website for that day. I'm reasonably certain the issue arose late Sunday/Monday morning because I'd checked it late afternoon on Sunday.

This is still a problem. I've been visiting WoWDB - logged in, of course - a lot because I've been helping Simca identify unknown spell effects the last few days. I hadn't checked site achievements in quite a while, but today I did and my counter is at 3/100. At this point (taking into account the previous progression reset), it should be at 58 or 59/100. There is no reason from what I can see for the counter to have reset a few days ago.
    2021-09-21