5.2 - Consecration change - Nerf or Buff ?

^ Pretty much this.

This is from 5.2 notes in case anyone who has not read it.

"The base damage of Consecration has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%."

From the look of it, it seems like a buff but I see the "11% decrease with AP" catch on this.

So I am confused.

Has anyone done any theorycrafting on this to find out whether it is nerf or buff ?

Probably meant to be a nerf to tanks under huge amounts of vengeance, anything else, I don't know...

10+ Year Old Account
    In a basic sense it sounds like at lower gear levels it's a buff, at higher it's a nerf. Muddying the waters somewhat is Vengeance. Presumably at high or max Vengeance it was deemed OP.

It's a (much needed) buff to zero-to-low vengeance consecrates, which will help with snap threat and aoe tanking in non-raid settings (read: 5mans, CMs) and raid trash.

At high vengeance levels, it will be a slight nerf to single target damage, like when used as a filler on ST fights. It will be a noticeable decrease on Wind Lord and Empress (and any other fight where there are lots of closely packed adds).

QoL buff for trash that gimps our AOE output slightly in certain raid settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Below ~80k AP total it is a significant buff, about 80k AP total it is a minor nerf.