Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love the Naga, all of those buttons come in handy inside of WoW and outside of it too.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Deleted
    Have none of you used the Razer Naga Control Panel ? You can literally remap every button, regardless if it's in 123 or Numpad mode (e.g. my 6 is bound to Ctrl + P).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    after about a year the buttons will break.
    tell that to my razer. had it for almost 2 years. no probs so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth it my books, it's the best mouse I've ever owned.

If people manage to break it, well I guess no matter the product, there will always be faulty ones, but I have had mine for around 2 years now, been used for heavy gaming basically everyday and it is no where near breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a Naga Molten, Onza TE, Black Widow Ultimate. The naga started double clicking, right click not holding (this is important for games like Magicka). And the store wouldn't take it back and Razer refused to replace it telling me to return it where I bought it. The Onza has an issue where the "b" button sticks, the extra left bumper button stopped working, and today I noticed the rubber parts of the thumbsticks are coming off. Which is weird because I only use the controller for skyrim and dead island, and very rarely for any other game. The BWU back light stopped working. All of this 3-4 weeks after I was able to use them (they were birthday presents). Razer and the store I bought them at didn't want to make good on a return or swap. So I dealt with the keyboard, bought a standard 360 controller, and had to do some home grown fixes on my mouse.

I know this is an extreme situation, but I will never buy another razer product and as such cannot recommend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a first generation Naga. Bought within a month of release, it is still going strong. It has shown some visual wear, but it is functioning at a 100%. Biggest thing to keep it this way is to do an occasional cleaning. Cause the side buttons can get grimy with dead skin. I love my Razer Naga, and my fiancee loves her Razer Naga Hex.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got lucky still have mine after all the years of use it shows wear on the side button numbers are starting to wear off but that's it owned it for i think over 3 years now.
    Last edited by sharpy; 2013-02-12 at 06:30 PM.

razer naga best wow mouse imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I personally can't suggest the Razer Naga myself given my experiences with Razer and their products of late. I decided to try out the Razer Naga Epic to replace my ancient and floundering Microsoft wireless mouse. The first two I received were DOA and had to be returned (possibly not Razer's fault, both returns were handled by Amazon swiftly). My third Razer Naga Epic was functional, but required about 2 hours of troubleshooting to get to work, eventually requiring flashing the device and dock's firmware multiple times before it began to work.

About 3 weeks later, the mouse's lights the numeric pad on the side both ceased to function, and the right and left mouse buttons acquired a 1-2 second delay before they would register a click (making double-clicking nigh impossible). An hour or two of troubleshooting later I found I had to flash the device's firmware yet again to get it to work properly. This became a bi-weekly event for me, I would notice the keypad and lights cease to work and I would flash the firmware yet again. After about 3 months the internal battery port apparently died completely, it would not charge the current battery or a new battery at all and went from being a wireless to a wired mouse. Razer's support was less-than-sterling in this matter and blamed me for somehow damaging the battery or mouse and refusing to extend a warranty replacement for quite some time.

Eventually one of their support technicians relented and offered a warranty replacement given the history of trouble I had with the device. I opted not to get a new product and instead purchased a Logitech G600. I will say that the Razer Naga Epic was a great mouse *when it worked* - unfortunately that proved to be the ultimate problem with the product.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The new razer gear is just build to be broken after 2-3y... i remember buying my naga when it was released and after 2 years the laser died WHEN I WAS SLEEPING and it's sad that my copperhead from late 2005 is still working with no problems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    No, No and NO
    I can't emphasize my no as much as I want to.

I bought that exact same mouse a while ago and replaced it with a logitech g500 within 2 weeks.
    It is wasn't about the quality of the mouse. Buttons were fine.

What drove me crazy is - yeah you have 12 buttons on the side. But those represent literally buttons 1-0 on the keyboard. They aren't "Extra" buttons. They are copies of keyboard buttons.
    They way WoW works you will have a hell of a time figuring out how to macro all of that together.
    What you were hoping to be "Shift-extra button one" turns into "Shift-the number one on your keyboard" which i'm guessing is already bound to an action.

The software is also amazingly clunky.
    Let me repeat my emphasis.
    The 3 buttons on my logitech side give me 9 possible combinations of NEW keys.
    The 12 buttons on the razr give you ZERO possible combinations of NEW keys.

I can not imagine a game where that mouse would be useful.
    If you haven't even USED the firmware of razer, then please don't even BOTHER posting about the naga.

Don't listen to jschulth, you can re-configure ALL of your mouse buttons to ANY key you want them to be (even modifiers) with the drivers.

The naga is the best mouse I've owned with this many buttons. The only alternative is the logitech g600 which has MANY flaws in it (lots of double clicking, and mouse going all over the screen).

If you're planning on playing a lot of (MMO) games then I would certainly recommend the naga, just because of the 12 re-configurable side buttons.

Yeah I like mine. I bought it at the start of Cataclysm been putting it through hours of abused almost every single day since then and it hasn't broken or given me any problems at all. I also carry it around loosely in a backpack constantly so I guess my Naga is just a beast or something with all of the complaints I see about them breaking
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-02-12 at 07:27 PM.

Is it worth it: Not Really
    Will it make you better: Most likely not.
    Is it fun: Yes
    Do i like mine: Yes but it was a gift, I wouldn't spend that much on a mouse myself.

I also have a hard time believing you need 48 keybinds in this game.
    At max lvl with rotations I think the most keys people use for their role is still under 10.
    Add cooldowns, maybe a mount, maybe even a target mark.
    After you get past your standard keybinds (non mouse around your movement fingers on the keyboard) there is no way you need 48 keys bound. Unless you are binding food/drink/bags/character screen/stupid chat macro's/etc inifity list.
    You should really ask how many keys you might actually need binding.
    For me it was under 9.
    For others (assuming keyboard turners) it might be more.

I can assure you that playing an affliction warlock, I need upwards of 40. I use around 42 currently would love a few more for occasional macros like the meljarak spear macro and such.

Deleted
    I had one razer years ago but never really liked it because even after a year, it did not fit on my hand. But that Logitech g600 looks good, i already keep my fingers in position that sets my ring finger on that 3rd button. Though it may be too elevated, gotta go to Big City (tm) and find a good nerdshop where i can test it...

At max lvl with rotations I think the most keys people use for their role is still under 10.
    After you get past your standard keybinds (non mouse around your movement fingers on the keyboard) there is no way you need 48 keys bound. Unless you are binding food/drink/bags/character screen/stupid chat macro's/etc inifity list.
    For me it was under 9.
    I have no fewer than 89 combat-oriented keybinds on my resto druid (i.e. not counting basic movement/tab/UI frames/mounts/etc). Also why would you not bind food/water or important UI frames unless you were just out of keys? This is all done with a normal 5-button mouse, too. I'm not really too fond of MMO mice personally, but it's far better to use one than click things. If you can't see the use binding more than nine abilities you may as well be a keyboard-turner tbh.

For me it was under 9.
    PvP requires a lot more if you want to be competitive, so maybe that's why you're stating this (assuming you're saying it from a PvE standpoint due to 'rotation'). Macros to switch through arena1-arena3, focus macros (and regular non-focus), friendly macros, basically every skill that will have it's uses in PvP should be bound, including items/skills your party members offer.

I personally have 45 binds that I use almost every single 3s game I play. This is excluding my mount and various other things that aren't really needed but I put on odd keys. There's classes like Asb's which requires more, but I'm pretty sure the least you need is within the 30s.

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have suggested, look into the Logitech G600. I think the two concave button groups are easier to use than the Naga. And the "G-Shift" button (the button to the right of the right mouse button) can be pretty handy.

..Mine broke a year to the freaking day. Why you no tell me this, halax?!

I just bit my tongue and turned around and bought a Logitech G600. Probably won't ever deal with Razer again.

Edit: For the record, the Naga certainly felt better *to me* since it was smaller... but damn... a year, mang!
    Last edited by Aeryana; 2013-02-12 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

For me it was under 9.
    Warlocks and hunters say hi.

Anyways, I've had mine for almost 4 years now, and I like it, and yes it still works 100%, miraculously, I hadn't had good luck with Razer in the past but this is about the only product I'd recommend from them. It takes some getting used to, and you will. I will say if you have gigantic hands/fingers though, this is not a good choice, the buttons are kind of small.