Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    after about a year the buttons will break.
    I have that Molten Edition for a year and a half now, and nothing has broken. Not sure what some are on about. If you treat it like shit and feel no love for a 100$ product because you can afford to buy another one in the same day, then your opinion is invalid.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I have had mine for a couple years. I even get poked fun at for the way I spam buttons even through out long casts. Every button on the mouse still works perfectly.

I would definitely recommend it. Now that I'm used to it, the mouse buttons are more comfortable and accessible than the keyboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    That is why I went with the naga hex, mech buttons but the down side is you only get 6 "side" buttons.
    However, the six buttons have a much better arrangement (in my opinion) and make life easier for those of us with larger hands.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

I had a Razer Naga... Was great for about 6 months, then it died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The only people I've ever known to use numpad keys was all the hardcore PvE tanks on my server used to bind their target marking keys there (Skull, Square, Circle, Triangle, etc).
    I do that

I just bound the naga buttons to other keys I don't use, such as:

8 9 0 + ´¨' - . , <

Seriously, are people even aware that the keys are fully customizable when they buy the Naga? I can make any of the buttons do anything, anything!
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    I also have a hard time believing you need 48 keybinds in this game.
    At max lvl with rotations I think the most keys people use for their role is still under 10.
    You should really ask how many keys you might actually need binding.
    For me it was under 9.
    For others (assuming keyboard turners) it might be more.
    Believe me, you'll need more than 9 keybinds to pvp competitively. That's not to say you need a mouse with 12 extra buttons on it to get the job done.

I'm using a "classic" naga for more than two years and it's still working fine.

The first 6 side buttons are really accessible, the 7th as well, I find the others a bit harder to use. But it all depends on the size of your hands, some of my guildies simply couldn't use it (fat fingers )

Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    No, No and NO
    I can't emphasize my no as much as I want to.

I bought that exact same mouse a while ago and replaced it with a logitech g500 within 2 weeks.
    It is wasn't about the quality of the mouse. Buttons were fine.

What drove me crazy is - yeah you have 12 buttons on the side. But those represent literally buttons 1-0 on the keyboard. They aren't "Extra" buttons. They are copies of keyboard buttons.
    They way WoW works you will have a hell of a time figuring out how to macro all of that together.
    What you were hoping to be "Shift-extra button one" turns into "Shift-the number one on your keyboard" which i'm guessing is already bound to an action.

The software is also amazingly clunky.
    Let me repeat my emphasis.
    The 3 buttons on my logitech side give me 9 possible combinations of NEW keys.
    The 12 buttons on the razr give you ZERO possible combinations of NEW keys.

I can not imagine a game where that mouse would be useful.
    Switch to numpad key mode.
    Victory to the Alliance !

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used my Razer Naga for three years of pretty intensive MMO gaming. I could never go back to normal keyboard 1-12 keybindings, the thumb shit is just so much better imo.

In the three years of ownership i've never encountered a single problem. If a shitload of thumb buttons is what you are after, i'd advise the naga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Only if you smash it like a kid.

respect your equipment and they last long. clean it, feel it, rub it, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Buy it

If it breaks, talk to Razor support, they're quite sympathetic when it comes to replacing things even out of warranty, for them it prevents people posting on random internet forums when others ask about their products, with answers such as "No no no" or "Don't buy this, what ever you do", although usually those kind of people haven't even tried to get it replaced, they just QQ

Also for everyone posting about it breaking after X months, you've been dumb, all electronic goods are forced by law to have a 1 year return to factory warranty which you can either do by sending it back to the retailer or taking it up with the manufacturer
    They weren't going to give me a refund, I didn't want another faulty mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a healer, i just love my naga !!!! 2 years now and 0 problem !

maybe i just got lucky

I've been using a Naga for about 2 years now. It's really a great mouse. The adjustable buttons and smoothly scaling DPI is really nice. Back in WotLK the mouse really made my warrior play move up from trash tier to middle-of-the-line. Without it I doubt I could have improved my reaction times as much as I did. I can't justify buying one if you don't plan on playing a class with numerous keybinds or if you're not PvPing.

I'm a bit of a Razer enthusiast at this point. I've owned an N52TE gamepad for as long as I've owned my Naga and I really like them both. They work very well with one another to maximize keybinds and reaction time. It takes a while to get used to playing like that. It's worth it though. It became extremely easy to change targets and use focus macros for arena after that. I also recently bought a Razer keyboard and I've been loving that too.

My only concern is that Razer products aren't built to last. Most Naga mice will last 6-12 months of constant use. I've already had to replace mine twice. It was all under the included warranty for no extra charge, so I'm pleased. I've gotten 3 mice for the price of one and the combination of them has lasted me a while. There are fixes for the issues that Nagas get too, especially if you're good at handling small tools in small places.

My verdict: Buy a Naga if you don't mind getting used to playing the game differently and if you're willing to get replacement mice on warranty. It's more worth it if you play a class with numerous keybinds or if you PvP.

I´ve never tested any of the models you guys are talking about. Been wanting to get a Naga but now that I see that Logitech has a model thats very similar to it (G600?), I will probably go Logitech. Been using my logitech MX518 since it was released, working perfectly. How many years has it been? I don´t even remember.

Personally, I recommend this: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...nced-gameboard

I've got so many keys I don't even know what to do with all of them. For whatever reason, I just prefer having most of my action keys on my left hand, then my steering, vent, and oh shit buttons on my mouse. I also know that my friend bought 3 razr mice in the time that I had 1 logitech mouse, but take that anecdotal evidence as you will.

My only complaint about this was the software, but they fixed it a few patches ago, so now I'm a happy camper.
    Last edited by Respen; 2013-02-13 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It's a shame there is no way to stop paying and no longer play the game if you are unhappy with it. the fact that Blizzard are FORCING us to pay for this game even if we don't enjoy it is the worse part.

I have a Naga Molten. I think the Hex might be a better bet for most people because of the 12 thumbpad buttons on the molten, only 9 are easily reachable, for me at least. The Hex button layout also looks easier to get used to.

Getting used to the Naga can be difficult and take a few months if you are used to playing with some other system of keyboard binds, but it's well worth the effort IMHO, especially if you play melee classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnaphoria View Post
    Nothing more further from the truth , at least in my case. I ordered mine in July 2011 (Razer Naga blue one) and to this day it works PERFECTLY , its buttons respond as fast and good as the first day I bought it and with all the accessible buttons and functions it has i gotta say it was worth the price , which is why later on i bought Razer Carcharias headset which again i'm happy about.

People who say it breaks either get broken Razer gear ( shipping problems most likely) or smash the mouse , don't keep their desks clean , have dirty hands and fill the mouse with food crumbs. I had alot of of mouses ( mice? D: ) throughout my time , Logitech , A4Tech (god this company is terrible) and many others but Razer mice are built to fit comfortably in someone's hands. Too bad I can't buy a keyboard .. I got a cat and the hair gets EVERYWHERE and i'd just ruin it if i bought it... Also I paid 113 $ for the mouse.
    The Naga attracts dirt very easy and I'm willing to bet that the number one reason people are experiencing problems with the Naga, such as double clicks, is because they never clean it.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    I don't understand what's up with all the "it breaks" thing. Of all the products I've bought in my life, none has stopped working, only thing that has stopped working for me was a calculator that I received from school (got a new one for free), and a headset which I broke (by an "accident"). Even when I owned a gamecube it tumbled over several times, never got damage in any way, I've dropped my phone very many times, never broke. Am I lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Respen View Post
    Personally, I recommend this: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...nced-gameboard

I've got so many keys I don't even know what to do with all of them. For whatever reason, I just prefer having most of my action keys on my left hand, then my steering, vent, and oh shit buttons on my mouse. I also know that my friend bought 3 razr mice in the time that I had 1 logitech mouse, but take that anecdotal evidence as you will.

My only complaint about this was the software, but they fixed it a few patches ago, so now I'm a happy camper.
    i hear alot of great stuff about that kind of products. but i got one question. how do you use it? do you still play with wasd? or do you do everyting with that second keyboard. and only type with your normal keyboard?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've pounded the buttons on mine quite a bit after 3 years still no problems. Dirt likes to build up in between the number pad but very easy to clean with something sharp.

I haven't had any paint wear problems and the scroll wheel is a bit loud but shouldn't steer you away from a great mouse. Ignore the "it breaks" troll posts, this is a very solid, well made mouse worth the money. I would recommend it.
    Last edited by JoNxJoN; 2013-02-13 at 10:00 PM.