10+ Year Old Account

Joints too lubricated

Went out into the park today for some exercise and instead of the usual jog I did some sprinting but found it unusually hard to slow down at the end of each run especially if it was on a decline. It feels like my joints are unusually well lubricated. I have been eating a lot of oily fish lately would that have something to do with it or is it in my mind?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not quite the way it works. Contrary to popular belief, you don't "lubricate your joints" by eating oily fish. Fish oil works as an anti-inflammatory for your joints, reducing pain. They don't "lubricate" them as oil would on a door hinge. It's a popular misconception, but there you go.

post work out recovery from advocare works great!!!!

Static what about synovial fluid in the joints? It can't be purely water, so maybe dietary fat could influence if we have the required materials to build it?

Anyway OP it's muscles that decelerate you. Perhaps you spent your energy going very fast, so there was more momentum to slow and less energy to do it with.

Quote Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
    Static what about synovial fluid in the joints? It can't be purely water, so maybe dietary fat could influence if we have the required materials to build it?

Anyway OP it's muscles that decelerate you. Perhaps you spent your energy going very fast, so there was more momentum to slow and less energy to do it with.
    That's not how fatty acids work. If anything diet related it's probably protein or sodium intake that's deficient/in excess

Since you are usually doing jogs, it could also be that your body isn't accustomed to running at a faster pace and that it needs to adjust in slowing you down. Try sprinting and check after a few more sessions if the problem persists. It might be just because you started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info all. It's true I'm not used to sprinting fast so atm I run up a slight incline so it's easier to stop then jog back down. Freezing outside here as well but that's good it means there's not so many people getting in the way hehe.