You ever have one of those moments...

Where someone just keeps ranting about how much better than they are of you...

Going beyond bragging to a point where nobody else really likes them, and you want to strike back verbally...but you just don't want to stoop to their level...

Man...

And yes this is referenced to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes. We usually just boot people like that from our guild, though.

I mean I believe in a competitive nature, and someone always has to be better than someone else at something.

But to just, idk frustrates me.

Lets make a discussion out of it. How do you guys cope with this kind of thing?

In wow, maybe in LFR or LFD. Or High ranked PvPers, loosing.. oh the death threats

In MMO-C all the time! and you cant defend yourself, if you do, i get infraction. But they can flame as much as they want (No fair) ;(
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

I can relate haha. Also remember being kicked from groups cos I did to much dps... low lvl dungs, I still dont understand that reasoning lol. Whats wrong with someone in full heirloom speeding up the run? Some people are just way to serious and touchy in this game I guess
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Deleted
    In what environment are we talking here?
    In a raid setting where someone beats your DPS and decide to call you out or a situation where someone smokes you in a duel and proceeds to make fun of you?
    I don't exactly get it.
    In any case, in true competative environments i find that people are usually respectful of other peoples skill, and those who aren't usually are no good themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Where someone just keeps ranting about how much better than they are of you...

Going beyond bragging to a point where nobody else really likes them, and you want to strike back verbally...but you just don't want to stoop to their level...

Man...

And yes this is referenced to WoW.
    There is a golden rule apply in real life and goes in any social video game as well. Whoever talk too much and brag about how great he/she is about something...always and I mean always keep in mind that these kind of ppl have some security issues and self esteem issues as well. They feel from the inside that they are inferior and weak but from the outside they wanted to prove to everyone else that they are quite the opposite to cover their weakness. That's why you see them brag and show off too much about how great they are to the point of extreme.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2013-02-12 at 05:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I have. I always like those people as I'll have a good laugh of them with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    In MMO-C all the time! and you cant defend yourself, if you do, i get infraction. But they can flame as much as they want (No fair) ;(
    Lol so true.

OT Leave the situation, not worth my time and or effort.

This is like every LFR ever.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happens in all facets of life. Doesn't even have to be verbal. Sometimes peoples demeanor towards others is just as much of an indicator that they think they are better than you. Online gaming, Social Networks, Message boards ect... are all great places to see this in action. The veil of anonymity that the internet provides brings out the worst in a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience I've more commonly encountered the type who are more vocal about you being terrible at the game but do not elevate themselves. They'll tell you how bad you and never admit to any of their mistakes and neither boast about how about great they are, mostly as a distraction from anything they could have done better.

There are people like this everywhere; they're just out for attention. You did the right thing by ignoring and not feeding into their fragile little egos.

These people tend to be very cancerous to the well being and community feeling of the guild. One person can easily ruin an entire guild, purely through their attitude. I would highly recommend removing this person, and never dealing with them again.

Deleted
    everysingle day.
    Bastard is always in that shiny thing in the bathroom every time I go in there EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    everysingle day.
    Bastard is always in that shiny thing in the bathroom every time I go in there EVERY SINGLE TIME.
    Challenge him to a staring contest.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I second this

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    I can relate haha. Also remember being kicked from groups cos I did to much dps... low lvl dungs, I still dont understand that reasoning lol. Whats wrong with someone in full heirloom speeding up the run? Some people are just way to serious and touchy in this game I guess
    .... yea , happened to me also , I was tanking with my mage ... usually everything was 2 shot .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I mean I believe in a competitive nature, and someone always has to be better than someone else at something.

But to just, idk frustrates me.

Lets make a discussion out of it. How do you guys cope with this kind of thing?
    ive been in the same guild for 2 years, our warlock had that attitude i simply couldnt stand it... he always had to post mether and brag about how good he is.. and always managed to die in fire or w-e because he wanted to top then meter, then make an excuses of how and why he died, and it was never because of him, always someone else fault... so..
    i /gquit.

and finally found a guild where everybody is helping each other and dont post recount, we just have fun, i should have made this long time ago...

i still dont understand why he still have that core raider status after making us wipe so many time..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    ok challenged to a staring contest, lasted 2 mins before we both deiced to blink at the same bloody time.