10+ Year Old Account

[Feral] Garalon and Windlord

I know that soon those 2 bosses will be pointless, but until then I really would like to on-par with the rest of our DPS, the gear roughly the same. So I will be needing some advice.

Starting with Garalon: How should I handle my bleeds? Keep 5cp rake+rip on on body and apply the same for the legs? Or should I just focus on the body and the closest legs to inner side or should I just run around boss and bleed everything up? Well on Garalon I'm somewhat satisfied with my DPS (since I tanked it last night, don't have proper DPS logs)

But Windlord is absolutely a nightmare to me. Specially the AoE part at the start when the adds are there all stacked up together. If I go on pull berserk followed by TF I can Trash and the Swipe few times and then I'm out of energy. And if I keep keeping Trash up and Swiping for AoE I am energy starved and end up auto attacking. If the AoE fight is over I increase my DPS by 30-40k on single target. What would the optimal approach for a fight like that? Should I just 5cp rip+rake on everything and then just maintain the debuffs on targets or is there any clever way to do more DPS there?

Deleted
    Garalon: Keep bleeds up on the main body. If your other cleave dps cannot do it alone, put a rake on the leg (cleave with trash as well) and attack the main body while running around in the leg's circle.
    This does give really great numbers and benefits the raid the most, but it won't make you rank top on that fight. For this you would be having the legs for yourself.

Wild Lord: Take Heart of the Wild if you are doing normal (maybe it's a dps increse on hc even but I do not know) and hurricane. I open with trash, swipe, tiger's fury, swipe, trash, HotW and weapon swap, Hurricane for 45 sec. Afterwards I pop all kitty cooldowns and trash/swipe to make sure I use all energy during berserk. When berserk runs out I apply rake on each target. When I run out of energy (when my cd's are gone) I switch to bear form and apply a trash there as well. One very important part here is to always be melee attacking something. During downtime, use fearie fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of the HotW as I do have 463 caster wep from Klaxxi and if I get my weapon swap macros working (since I have 2 weps. with the same name) I will try it on the next pull. I also need to find hurricane, I know that it is somewhere on the "normal form" bars, but meh, haven't paid that much attention to it.
    So you just rake the targets on Wind lord and don't apply any rip? But very nice advice for Wind lord.

I also really should take out startattack from my skills, "autoswitching" targets is darn annoying.

For Garalon we have warrior and rogue, so cleaving should not be an issue in general. But again no rip for legs, just 5cp rip on body and rake everything else? I usually try to get 5cp up on a leg as well (while trying maintaining bleeds on the body (which fails half the time)) and the rip or FB (depending on HP). But I do find it easier to just sit on the body.

I am not aiming getting ranked, I just want to be on somewhat competetive level with the rest of the DPS who have the same gear.

Deleted
    Competetive is kind of a wierd term on garalon. If you want to assist the teams with the best raid dps possible you should stay off the leg if you have two ppl cleaving (and stay on the side of the boss that is inside healing rain). Just make sure to have legs die within 30 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurricane+caster staff from Klaxxi+HotW was IDD a nice DPS boost on Windlord. Tanked Garalon so didn't try that one out. But awesome advice none of the less.

Competetive is kind of a wierd term on garalon. If you want to assist the teams with the best raid dps possible you should stay off the leg if you have two ppl cleaving (and stay on the side of the boss that is inside healing rain). Just make sure to have legs die within 30 sec.
    You have no idea how much i laughed when i read this. Doing this fight the first times wiping to enrage i fought against my raid so many times because they we're trying to put me on legs with a rogue and warrior. They saw my numbers low cause i was only on body and called me out. Took a few hours for them to realize me on legs was killing dps for the rogue and warrior

For Windlord it kind of depends on normal/heroic and 25/10. I run 10man heroic so we cc all the amber guys and kill menders/blades i do the normal HotW Hurricane at the start but then i focus more on keeping a rip on the menders so they die first (if both sets die close to eachother you lose boss debuff time)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    You have no idea how much i laughed when i read this. Doing this fight the first times wiping to enrage i fought against my raid so many times because they we're trying to put me on legs with a rogue and warrior. They saw my numbers low cause i was only on body and called me out. Took a few hours for them to realize me on legs was killing dps for the rogue and warrior
    Yeah it is pretty damn annoying when the people who run your raid did not do the research they were supposed to ><