Quote Originally Posted by StoltOchStark View Post
    The only thing women are better than men at is giving birth to children. That and cooking.
    We would like to thank StoltOchStark for proving our point in this thread.

The prevalence of ideas, and people like this are exactly why feminism is important.

Does equality necessarily mean being involved in EVERYTHING? I consider myself to be a male feminist but im not a female supremacist like most modern "feminists".

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    No, a lot of us are saying that there's no point in calling yourself a feminist anymore as it's been destroyed from within. If you're really for equality you're a humanist.
    I assume you're not referring to the decades of smearing the name has taken from the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
    Because women still get paid less than men, for doing the same job.
    Because women still get blamed for getting raped, rather than the rapist.
    Because women still get judged for their appearance and beauty, rather than their minds.
    Because women can only be one body type, according to the media.
    Because men think feminism doesn't need to be around anymore, that's why feminism still needs to be around. It's just women being 'oh it's so 1900's.'
    No, women are still oppressed, and if you think that they are not, you're the reason why women are fighting for equality.

(and the video 'feminists' are extremists.)
    1) No, you just have no concept as to why there is a discrepancy. One link as to why is below, this is discounting links for stats showing women earning within the ranges of 30 - 40% more than their male counterparts in lower-end jobs.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...qual-pay-myth/

2) This is rare, but statistics show that there are more men falsely accused of rape than actual rapists.
    It should also be stated that women being accused of rape is no more offensive than all men instantly being accused and treated as rapists through the feminist anti-rape campaigns (Such as the "don't be that guy" campaign. Seriously what kind of idiot decided that was politically correct?).
    They also have a tendency of criticizing any attempt that anyone makes to spread awareness through risk assessment, giving tips of how to minimize the chances of a rape happening. If someone gives advice of how to minimize the chances of rape, they are not blaming the victim, they are pointing out things which could help be preventative measures against such acts. No one, other than Trolls, think that the victims are to blame.
    There are two sides to a coin, feminists just look at one side and immediately say it's the only problem.

3) Both men and women are judged on their appearance, it's the first thing we notice about a person before seeing them. I think it should also be stated that these juvenile men and women completely obsessed with appearance and sex are a vocal minority, I vehemently refuse to believe that we are that shallow of a society.

4) If you are meaning that their is only one idealized body type for women, then the same is for men. Everyone expects their man to me fit and muscular, when this is an unrealistic expectation for people. Anyone who thinks that look are all that matter should watch the Shrek movie-series where the Ogrelord finds his princess and they love each other regardless of looks.
    Realistically, the desired body type is slightly over/underweight. Unfortunately, I cannot find the study, look for it if you're interested.

5) Not thinking something should be is not a reason for it to be. Feminism is outdated and, to be quite frank, is singularly the most sexist engine of change in the world. Humanism, where we focus on the issues of both sexes and then work to resolve them, is a much more rational point of view.

6) Women aren't oppressed, there is literally nothing stopping women from doing what men do. Especially when the standards for hiring is lowered for women. One example of this is below.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...efighters.html

TL;DR
    Stop complaining, humanism makes everyone happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post

The prevalence of ideas, and people like this are exactly why feminism is important.
    He's a Troll, if you think that what he said is something which is concerning, then you shouldn't be on the internet. At all.
    I think it is more concerning that the light-trolling that StoltOchStark was doing is seen as more of a problem than the supposed "mainstream feminists" that believe in the castration of all men, claiming that men are only good for reproduction and that can be done with preserved samples. The latter has youtube channels, entire websites, and books dedicated to it. the former has a few insignificant Trolls that people ignore because they are knowledgeable enough about the internet to know that is just what they are, Trolls.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Because of a newly created, obvious troll on an internet forum, who gets mocked and banned by the awful white male majority that you seem to believe are oppressing women?

wow you sure make a compelling argument
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    He's a Troll, if you think that what he said is something which is concerning, then you shouldn't be on the internet. At all.
    I think it is more concerning that the light-trolling that StoltOchStark was doing is seen as more of a problem than the supposed "mainstream feminists" that believe in the castration of all men, claiming that men are only good for reproduction and that can be done with preserved samples. The latter has youtube channels, entire websites, and books dedicated to it. the former has a few insignificant Trolls that people ignore because they are knowledgeable enough about the internet to know that is just what they are, Trolls.
    So you're going to deny the state of the world, and some of the principle beliefs in ideologies that encompass the globe because of a few nut-job(hehe) female supremacists?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Because of a newly created, obvious troll on an internet forum, who gets mocked and banned by the awful white male majority that you seem to believe are oppressing women?

How am I supposed to respond to your incorrect assumptions about my point of view?
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-11-13 at 02:14 AM.

So you're going to deny the state of the world, and some of the principle beliefs in ideologies that encompass the globe because of a few nut-job(hehe) female supremacists?
    When internet trolls openly influence government policies, meddle with science, revise history, and brainwash people in schools everywhere under the guise of, let's say, 'reasonable people studies' the analogy will be valid.

although...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

When internet trolls openly influence government policies, meddle with science, revise history, and brainwash people in schools everywhere under the guise of, let's say, 'reasonable people studies' the analogy will be valid.

although...
    Do they have to be internet trolls? Can they be cultists?

I C WAT U DID THUR! <3
    Anyways, my point was that you were making the ideas of a Troll, which are what inflame many people aggravation and cause them to say things they probably regret later, such a large deal when, in comparison, much worse and horrendous things are suggested openly and happily by these radical feminists.
    I embrace humanism, so that we can focus on the problems of both the genders at the same time.

That being said I do support progressive feminism in the developing world and understand the plight of women there. But here, in the first world (politically incorrect but whatever), we should really be working together in humanism to change laws and social policies that might otherwise be exploited or biased towards certain people or sexes.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

How do you know that's not what he truly believes?

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    You missed what I was really getting at... Just messing with a troll mostly. Shame on me.
    I missed it, but I kinda got where you were going with it. My comment wasn't very serious either. Should've smacked a :P at the end of it lol

Deleted
    Feminism is stupid, vengefull and pointless. It´s not about equality. and 90% of them are retards who can´t see it for the blatant chauvanism it is.

What its relevant because women need collective coginative function to understand sarcasm?

Its only relevant these because they want to feel like victims and empowered when they go on their little snowflake crusades much like the mens rights movement counterparts.
    Yes if you want to truly crusade for female rights please leave the western world and do some good for the poor women perscuted in the other parts of the world that aren't born lucky like western women.
    Western feminist are driven by their own self importance and the pathetic yes men that put them on their pedestal repeatedly
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2013-11-13 at 09:46 AM.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Deleted
    Whatever you do.. Do NOT mistake feminism for female chauvinism!!
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauvinism)

It's as stupid as claiming that the Amnesty is after war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    What its relevant because women need collective coginative function to understand sarcasm?
    Yeah, if that was meant to be sarcasm, then he really sucked at it.

Besides, what's your proof that it wasn't what he truly believed?

Yes if you want to truly crusade for female rights please leave the western world and do some good for the poor women perscuted in the other parts of the world that aren't born lucky like western women.
    If we could only solve problem X after solving worse problem Y, we'd never solve any problems to begin with.

and the pathetic yes men that put them on their pedestal repeatedly
    It's called "empathy". It's all the rage these days.

Is as pathetic as the men's right movement or the kiddies from stormfront, the only reason why it gets more hate its because its cool and edgy to hate on women on the internet.

Every group has their extremists that take the concept too far, and skew the whole point of what the goal is originally about. Regardless, its not a good idea to judge the group or movement as a whole when a few loose screws end up making the most noise in the media.

I am in support of feminism due to how women are still being treated with lower pay in some areas of the work force, and are not given the same opportunities in business as a male, and should be given the job and pay if the male cannot do the job necessary. Somewhere in the world, there are women who are not given the opportunity as a male does simply because they are born.

However, I am against the whole "Girls Rule, Boys drool" attitude that some end up believing in. While that mentality should be frowned upon, they should be educated that the whole movement is about being given the same opportunity and reward that the male would get if they were to qualify for the job.

Men of all color have been known to do great things, and they have been known to do completely stupid things. Same applies to women of all color.

I still wonder why it's called FEMinism and not equalism or humanism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I still wonder why people make this ridiculously pointless argument when they fail to come up with any legitimate criticism.

(I'm kidding. I don't wonder and just explained it.)
    Because the criticism is legitimate and the name is the most prominent feature of the movement and anyway the only thing people seem to agree upon.

Everybody who agrees with this name made a mistake if the main aim of the movement is an equal society.

Even when i read some moderate feministic voices my bullshit radar is tingling most of the Time.
    Source
    That Disney feels it’s necessary to take a female driven, female dominated story and cut it down to one princess protagonist with a dashing male helper/love interest, is honestly disgusting and one of the most blatant examples of Hollywood’s lack of faith in women in recent memory.
    + a Female Main Villian
    Even the inclusion of some male love interest/guide is annoying or disgusting.

If i read feminism somewhere its just a redflag indicator nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I still wonder why people make this ridiculously pointless argument when they fail to come up with any legitimate criticism.
    There has been legitimate criticism of the term feminism. I think the real problem stems from only looking at what men have better than women and then giving it to them without considering how or why it got that way. So when women are freely handed the same "privileges" as men but without the associated costs/responsibilities it becomes unfair in the opposite direction. Men aren't saying they want to maintain the status quo, just that any path to equality should actually result in equality.

I don't think feminist groups or MRAs can ever really work in the end. Two camps, only advocating for one gender without regard for the other, will just result in a constant back and forth fight with each accusing the other of attempting to oppress them. What is needed is an organisation that truly wants gender equality and is willing to work with both genders' concerns and try and correct them without negatively impacting the other unfairly in the process. Making both genders equal, or as equal as possible given their biological differences, under the law should be all that matters.