Page 4 of 264 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh that debate again on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Equality seems to mean something else for you than it does for me.
    Apparently it does. Equality for you seems to mean that if you think there isn't a problem, then everyone thinks that, and there isn't a problem.

Trouble is, everybody isn't like you. Or like me. Or like everybody else. Never have been, never will.

If you have equality in your home, or your job, or your neighborhood, then great!

It's not worldwide, not by a long shot. It's not even country wide.

That's why it's important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandexander View Post
    When it happens to a man, it's as RARE as can be.

Does it happen to men? Sure. There are men who are the victims in abusive relationships.

Do those men live in fear every day? Probably.

Do those men fear that they will be injured, maimed, or killed by their partner? Probably.

Are men actually injured, maimed, or killed by their partner? Maybe.

Lot's of men? No.

As many men as women? No.

10% as many? Probably not. Probably less.

THAT'S why it matters.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...estic-violence

It's more than 40%, and it's rising.

10+ Year Old Account

Does it happen to men? Sure. There are men who are the victims in abusive relationships.

Do those men fear that they will be injured, maimed, or killed by their partner? Probably.

Lot's of men? No.

THAT'S why it matters.

So because it's not as prevalent (based on your observation, it should be blatantly ignored while attempting to make things fair for everyone? Wow...

You probably view this as rare because it is not publicized as much. You see, it's not a "hot topic", so the media covers it a lot less. I mean think about it for a second. You think a man, who's been thoroughly humiliated by the experience, would be inclined to discuss about that when the media are all over feminism and violence against women? You think that in his state, he'd risk being humiliated again, but on a larger scale? No, not in such a mental state. This is why you don't hear as much about it; it's still taboo.

It's like saying that rape doesn't happen a lot because we don't hear about it.

And finally, if you're going to use the "%" symbol, pull the numbers out of sources, not asses. Using the "%" with "probably" is like saying that you can tell something "almost for a fact"; it makes no sense. See post above me for a fine example.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
    But... it's so. rare. news stories like to make a big deal about it, but that doesn't happen often at all.
    And so many times when a women does call rape, when it was, gets laughed at.

Sure, it's ~investigating~. But she'll be blamed for not being diligent enough. Date rape drug, why wasn't she watching her drink enough? Men don't have to care about how they dress, what they drink, who they're with to not be raped. Women are TAUGHT how to be safe... Because that's the sad thing... Why are men taught to not rape? Why do they take advantage of a girl who is alone, who has been drinking. Just because she's dressed the way she is, does not mean YES, I WANT IT. Because she's had a few too many drinks, does not mean YES, I WANT IT.
    Yes... why are murderers not taught not to kill ?

I really wonder !

Deleted
    But... it's so. rare. news stories like to make a big deal about it, but that doesn't happen often at all.

Sure, it's ~investigating~. But she'll be blamed for not being diligent enough. Date rape drug, why wasn't she watching her drink enough? Men don't have to care about how they dress, what they drink, who they're with to not be raped. Women are TAUGHT how to be safe... Because that's the sad thing... Why are men taught to not rape? Why do they take advantage of a girl who is alone, who has been drinking. Just because she's dressed the way she is, does not mean YES, I WANT IT. Because she's had a few too many drinks, does not mean YES, I WANT IT.
    How did you know it doesn't happen often? A girl almost got away for accusing my brother from rape, luckily my brother was able to provide alibies of where he was when she pretended it happened...and he took screenshots of her posting it all over facebook.

If my brother didn't had friends who notified him on time he could have ended in jail for no reason at all. It's that easy for girls really...

Again, I think every report of rape needs to be taken seriously. But I think people jump on the guilty bandwagon way to fast in this time and age.

Deleted

This is simply wrong, men are guilty until proven innocent in rape cases, custody cases, and molestation cases.

10+ Year Old Account

Lot's of men? No.

THAT'S why it matters.
    Most reputable studies show that men are abused at roughly the same rate as women. The difference is in the rate of reporting, because of a cultural bias against men; the idea that you can't complain if a woman is hurting you because that means you're less of a man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesti...ce_against_men

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Yes... why are murderers not taught not to kill ?

I really wonder !
    Are murder victims ever accused of 'asking for it'?

Deleted

I'm not in any way justifying rape, but come on... You can't say that women or men can dress any way they want and not expect attention because of it. Why would a woman wear a low-cut, short skirt if it's not to get male attention?

Deleted
    Feminism is moronic pandering to morons. Equality is what matters, and in modern first world societies, you get a group of people from roughly the same background, they have an equal opportunity to do something with their life, no matter gender, ethnicity, wealth (The reason why i said similar backgrounds, wealth can play a big factor).

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Please do some research on a subject before posting in future.
    What, did you want a link with numbers? Sorry, I didn't have time to dig up the references for you.

Just for kicks, though, I did a little searching on the web. On the FIRST LINK, I found these two bits of info:

Women ages 20-24 are at the greatest risk of nonfatal intimate partner violence.
    (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Intimate Partner Violence in the U.S. 1993-2004, 2006.)

Between 1993 and 2004, intimate partner violence on average made up 22% of nonfatal intimate partner victimizations against women. The same year, intimate partners committed 3% of all violent crime against men.
    (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Intimate Partner Violence in the U.S. 1993-2004, 2006.)

That pretty much supports everything I said.

Take your own advice.

Are murder victims ever accused of 'asking for it'?
    That was a response to: "Why are men not taught not to rape ?" which is just a retarded comment.

By the way you're a girl, obviously biased until you can provide data for your retarded comments in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMarvel View Post
    I'm not in any way justifying rape, but come on... You can't say that women or men can dress any way they want and not expect attention because of it. Why would a woman wear a low-cut, short skirt if it's not to get male attention?
    Why are women not allowed to wear what they want?
    Sometimes women feel good wearing those things.
    But no, we're not allowed, unless of course we want to get raped.
    (oh look. female oppression.)

10+ Year Old Account

You make that argument as if the human race was comprised of two genders: women and rapists. Pray tell, exactly what percentage of the male population are rapists? I'd wager not much. Women are taught to be safe because nothing can stop a rapists, it's a favor to women to teach them extra precaution, it has nothing to do with saying that men raping women is okay in any way shape or form, just that tackling the problem from the other side proves to be more effective. And if you DON'T WANT IT, then fucking say so and if you have further problems it won't be because of men, but because of assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    Hey, could someone tell me which place this is and more specifically which bell they are occupieing in this disgusting act ? Does anyone know if this is historical good ?

Quote Originally Posted by MyMarvel View Post
    ... really? You're equating rape with attention?

10+ Year Old Account

First, I'd like you to stop using "men" when you want to describe backward-mentality idiots. They are not the same.

Second, I don't support any of the blame in a rape case. However, I support information gathering in the measure that the alledged victim is treated with respect and dignity. Questionning the victim's statements should only come in when there are obvious holes in said victim's testimony. And even that should remain respectful. if it's not, it's out of line, regardless of the gender.

Third, I agree that, at least in North America, it wasn't taken as seriously 40 years ago as it is now. But saying that rape charges are taken as lightly as you attempt to portray shows bias. Same goes for your minimizing of the same situations with roles switched.

You'd like for "men", as you like to say, to start taking this seriously? Then start treating both sides of the spectrum equally seriously. That gender wars crap doesn't cause problems just on one side, unlike what you wish to believe.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    What, did you want a link with numbers? Sorry, I didn't have time to dig up the references for you.

Just for kicks, though, I did a little searching on the web. On the FIRST LINK, I found these two bits of info:

Women ages 20-24 are at the greatest risk of nonfatal intimate partner violence.

Between 1993 and 2004, intimate partner violence on average made up 22% of nonfatal intimate partner victimizations against women. The same year, intimate partners committed 3% of all violent crime against men.

That pretty much supports everything I said.

Take your own advice.
    Probably means it's from the legal system, and as mentioned above, men report at a much lower rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    Why are women not allowed to wear what they want?
    Sometimes women feel good wearing those things.
    But no, we're not allowed, unless of course we want to get raped.
    (oh look. female oppression.)
    Do you work in the Media? You seem really good at blaming the majority for the acts of the minority and blowing shit out of proportion