Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Are you more attracted towards people of the same sex....

When it comes to friendship and nothing more? For example on high school you have your group of populair girls and all of those girls look relatively good/attractive.
    While the ugly betty may have a nice and cool personality fitting her in that group often doesen't seem to work out.
    I also used to see it on community websites like myspace when i was younger.
    People often would add girls/guys that they met in game because they were decent or good looking.
    Do you prefer to choose to hang out with guys/girls who look good or attractive? Or do you really not care when you're only looking for friendship and friendship alone?

I do however think this is a bigger issue with girls than guys but i might be wrong on that.
    I hope this post makes a bit of sense, I don't really know how to explain it in another way =/
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2013-02-12 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Nope, quite the opposite. I find my own sex to be physically repulsive. Which is why I call shenanigans on the whole "homosexuality is a choice" thing.
    did you not read the post?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Edit:

I mostly hang out with members of the opposite sex as I can be more comfortable in their company I guess
    Last edited by mmoc79af5b64ea; 2013-02-12 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Strange as it may sound, this seems to have been posted in response to the wrong post and the one I was after is now gone... simular title threw me off. Correcting it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    beat me to it...lol

but on topic, Im a guy, and I tend to hang out with more females then i do other guys. I have 2-3 guys friends, and like 8 female friends...and normally if im going out to the bar or something I invite the girls out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm friends equally with people of both sexes. As an adult, though, I find it easier to meet and get to know new women (opposite sex) than men, since it's a bit less weird to invite them to go do things.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    All of my close friends are male (I'm female). I'm not a girly girl and I've yet to meet a female that shared my interests with me (I like games, computers, reptiles, hip-hop and metal...) although I'd love to actually meet some ladies with the same interests, I think that my chances are pretty slim. Looks wise I have never picked friends because of attractiveness and I honestly don't think I would care.

I suspect high school is very different to adulthood in that respect, especially with girls, you do tend to get the "popular / good looking" clique, but I seriously doubt most adults into their mid 20s-30s and onwards pick friends based on gender or looks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had some of the best female friends I could ever ask for in the past, but later on in life I just can't stand a lot of other girls. I don't necessarily shy away from them because they can still can be awesome, but I've experienced that they can be downright selfish, dramatic or just plain annoying. Guys that I've been friends with usually were always more fun and laid back as well as being more true to their selves. As a female, I might prefer male friends because of common interests because im not very girly.
    Last edited by Scratchee; 2013-02-12 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    My partner (work) is a woman and we get along great. I can't say i have a whole lot of people i would consider close friends as i like my own space but i have more female than male friends. Can't say i look at the sexes when it comes to something such as this, it just... happens i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    All of my close friends are male (I'm female). I'm not a girly girl and I've yet to meet a female that shared my interests with me (I like games, computers, reptiles, hip-hop and metal...) although I'd love to actually meet some ladies with the same interests, I think that my chances are pretty slim. Looks wise I have never picked friends because of attractiveness and I honestly don't think I would care.

I suspect high school is very different to adulthood in that respect, especially with girls, you do tend to get the "popular / good looking" clique, but I seriously doubt most adults into their mid 20s-30s and onwards pick friends based on gender or looks.
    I have to admit that though I haven't consciously done this, all of my female friends have always been good looking.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

My best friends are male(I'm male).

Deleted
    I suppose my question came off a bit wrong but i meant it more in the way if you pick your friends based on looks or have it playing a big role on who you befriend and who not.
    Just like when you're dating someone you tend to go by looks first and then personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    I suppose my question came off a bit wrong but i meant it more in the way if you pick your friends based on looks or have it playing a big role on who you befriend and who not.
    Just like when you're dating someone you tend to go by looks first and then personality.
    I want to say no I don't, but it wouldn't surprise me if I do and I don't notice it. I only have two people I would consider friends and they're both male and average looking.

Me as a guy

I honestly don't care if you're skin to the bone,big,tall,short,pretty,ugly

As long as you're nice,kind,generous and show trust

A friend is a friend..regardless of height,weight and color

I only have one best friend which is all i'll really need...the rest of the people i talk to are just Acquaintances

This is how i see it as motto
    No need for 100 pennies(friends)..when you can have a good dollar (best friend)
    Last edited by TheNationGamer; 2013-02-12 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I want to say no I don't, but it wouldn't surprise me if I do and I don't notice it. I only have two people I would consider friends and they're both male and average looking.
    I am pretty sure girls consider "looking" when it comes to friendship. I've never seen a super hot girl or decent looking girl is friend with an ugly fat guy. I don't say impossible but it's very rare.

In my opinion, too many people think that looks don't matter. But they do. Attractive people are perceived as smart and nice people, whereas an ugly person might come off as an arrogant prick. So, people are drawn to attractive people first, when it comes to making new friends, but in the end, when you get to know the person, the personality takes over. I don't see my friends as attractive/unattractive, I just see them as a person I like to hang out with. From an analytical perspective though, most of my friends are pretty attractive. Not all, but most. A correlation between attractiveness and good personality does exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about how somebody looks, just as long as they're fun to hang out with. I also for some reason prefer to hang out with guys (not homosexuel or anything, i just seem to be more comfortable around guys) than with girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't intentionally seek out particular genders for friends, and it kinda irritates me when I see people say they can't be friends with [gender X] because of [some generalisation].

Incidentally, however, my friends have always leaned very heavily towards opposite gender (totally platonic fwiw). And although I have had very few friends in my life that were same-gender, the ones I have had I have been very close with. My typical scenario is something like one very close same-gender "best" friend for every dozen opposite-gender close friends. Again, this isn't intentional, this is just how it ends up.

I'm only counting real friends, not casual acquaintances here.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..that is taking it to an extreme - but women are definitely "special" or should I say...different than men in that regard? This is by no way empiric, but there were a few girls who I was attracted to and who kinda danced the "I am not ready for a relationship" dance and then a year later I met them with their new boyfriend and I was "WTF..not with me but you take...THAT?"
    Girls are too complicated, that's why I prefer male friends over female ones. Tho, my experience helps to this decision. Last semester in college and I've never seen a girl who can talk about cinema, philosophy, science, sports or whatever. It's all silly dumb bitch thingy they talk about. One date is enough hassle

ps: I am not girl-hater or smt. Just saying when it comes to friendship, I haven't met with such girl. It's my experience only.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-02-12 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    I think it's pretty equal on my part. I have four good guy mates and three close female friends. Two of the guys are good looking and two of the girls. Friends in the past when I was in school weren't lookers though, I was in the geeky crew.