Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Looking at your source, it appears as though I stand corrected. Guess it literally means that they rose 25,000 years ago, and it wasn't referring to the man'ari.

Though I do have to say that you're absolutely wrong in saying that there was no source. It was there, just the non-archived version of what you linked and it did say what you were saying, to a shorter degree, so it wasn't just someone putting it in because they thought it was correct... it WAS correct. The difference being my interpretation of what it meant versus the lore from the book.

Right answering a few questions here.

1. It is common knowledge and agreement in the RP community and bookd like Rise of the Horde (That was aided by Blizzard, though they have stated books are not to be judged canon) as well the website that was provided here the third of the Eredar that did not wish to accept Sargeras offer, escaped Argus.

2. About the age the Dwarf talked about might be he misunderstood something from Rise of the Horde as it specifically states there when Ogrim and his friend meet the Draenei in their city that they Orc and Draenei encountered eachother 200 years prior to the meeting they had at that moment. Thus some even claim that Oshu'gun arrived on Draenor 250ish years ago. (Though as mentioned revealed themself to the orcs, does not state they arrived then. Also I hear of people saying from the Quests they had been on Draenor for coupple thousand years.) How your dwarf friend could make this into "Draenei can only live to 250" though is.. hard to imagine how.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post

Draenei age at roughly the same age as Humans until they reach 'adulthood',
    Draenei apperently if you read the books do not grow at simmilar rate as humans. In previous scene where Ogrim was in the Draenei city (forgot what name) it stated he saw a young Draenei girl about puberty perhaps. Many years later when he ran his clan and went out to slaughter said city he saw the girl again -nearly unchanged!- Barely developed at all where a human likely would been adult by the time. There is no stated anywhere of Draenei growth rate from baby to adult. There is only speculation according to Rise of the Horde. Some mean 100 years equals 1 year physically (But comeon.. that is a bit too much..). How i preferably do it is considering the time table provided of adulthood reached at 200 years (Then again adulthood might not be physical in Draenei culture) I think of it more as Draenei age 10 times slower.

4. Lastly the monk question. Go to Auchenai. There are Mobs there (along with Soul Priests) called Auchenai Monk. I imagine this is very simmilar to monk as we imagine them IRL. Religious protectors. Like the Tao Lin (Might spelled it terribly wrong). They are guardians of the temples, training hard and devoted to become skilled with hands, staves or other tools not focused on killing. Though you wouldnt have the mistweaving or kegsmash.. So in Talent perspective the closest a Monk (game mechanic) get to Draenei Monk, worshippers of Naaru and Light would be the DPS spec. With the natural affinity to magic the Draenei have the Jade Lighning can be used as arcane lightning for example.

Of course the Draenei lore is quite poor on solid information. All we can do is speculate. I do RP as Draenei in the largest Draenei guild on Argent Dawn. An officer even, but what I have said is based on speculation. Not facts stated by blizzard but gathered information and common speculaiton. Oh.. and being millenia years old Draenei? No problem. It is even said Velen was "old" even on Argus.

And last think I remmember someone mentioned. No one knows for a fact weather Draenei do not age at all or age extremely slow after adulthood. But they live so incredibly long it is believed the do not die of age. Or that perhaps the gift of the Naaru have extended their original life span into imortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjiji View Post
    3. Draenei apperently if you read the books do not grow at simmilar rate as humans. In previous scene where Ogrim was in the Draenei city (forgot what name) it stated he saw a young Draenei girl about puberty perhaps. Many years later when he ran his clan and went out to slaughter said city he saw the girl again -nearly unchanged!- Barely developed at all where a human likely would been adult by the time. There is no stated anywhere of Draenei growth rate from baby to adult. There is only speculation according to Rise of the Horde. Some mean 100 years equals 1 year physically (But comeon.. that is a bit too much..). How i preferably do it is considering the time table provided of adulthood reached at 200 years (Then again adulthood might not be physical in Draenei culture) I think of it more as Draenei age 10 times slower.
    Wasn't the timeframe of the war between the Draenei/Orcs only a few months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Wasn't the timeframe of the war between the Draenei/Orcs only a few months?
    Actually it was nearly eight years.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to the "class" restrictions because it didn't exist - this can be treated in the same way that warlocks and paladins are treated.

Blood Knights are formerly priests and warriors who began to use Muru as their source of power.
    Warlocks are formerly mages or shamans that began to use Fel as their source of power.

In much the same vein, a Draenei Monk could have been a warrior, hunter, etc., in the past. You would look for commonalities in what they do and associate a class with them in the same manner. Yes, it would be absurd that your character has been a monk for almost 2,500 years but your character may have lived for 2,500 years and then taken up the way of the monk in the last few years.

OK lets get a few things out here shall we

1. draenei have lived under the pre mentioned mantle/racial title ever since the day they decided to take up the naruu's help and flee argus which was 25,000 years ago so potentially any draenei can be up to this age or perhaps your character could even be one of the eredar who took up velens plea and fled.

2. draenei monks existed way before we ever got monks as a playable race or has most forgotten the auchidon dungeon were we fight tons of draenei monk spirits and even the traitor exarch maladar and we do not honestly know how long before that monks have existed among the draenei people.

so just find and research all the facts and make your choice if your not breaking any rules then to hell with anyone's opinion i mean he is probably just jealous of you haha
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rise of the Horde says eredar/draenei are "beings beyond the reach of time," implying they are immortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    Actually it was nearly eight years.
    "Under Blackhand's command, the Horde set out to test itself against the simple draenei.

Over the course of a few months, the Horde eradicated nearly every draenei living on Draenor."

I know this was retconned in the novel to have the orc/draenei war be ongoing during the corruption of the orcs, but I don't remember the novel giving time periods anywhere close to 8 years. The novel describes the entire war taking only 3.5-4 years.

It was only a few months before Kil'jaeden taught them to be warlocks:
    Kil’jaeden chuckled. "If I will do away with lies, so must you. You live for power. You hunger for it. You thirst for it. And over the last few months, your skill has grown to where I can make proper use of you. Ours is not a partnership of adoration or respect, but one of convenience and selfish benefit. Which means that it will likely last."
    "You have no doubt perceived that I wish to exterminate the draenei. Why I do so is no concern of yours. You need only know that I wish it. The orcs are doing moderately well in this, but they can do better. Theyshall do better. A warrior is only as good as his weapons, and, Gul’dan, I intend to give you and your people weapons such as you have never conceived. It will take a little time; you must be educated first, before you are fit to teach the others. Are you ready and willing?"

It was over a year since they first started the war until Kil'jaeden first taught them to summon demons:
    "Summon them." Kil’jaeden said. His lips parted in a smile, showing sharp white teeth. "They will come when you call. And they will dance to your tune. I will see to that."
    Allies.
    They needed allies.
    Gul'dan wondered how Kil’jaeden had not foreseen this. The orcs were mighty indeed, especially when controlled and directed properly. The long months, over a year now, that this war had stretched had only made them more so.

Nearly 2 years of fel exposure before warlocks turned green:
    Durotan frowned, looking at the boy's skin. The dryness of this place and the harsh conditions under which they had been laboring for nearly two years now were taking a toll. Normally smooth brown skin, stretched tight over toned muscle, was dry and flaky. Absently Ghun scratched at a patch of rough skin. Durotan glanced at the new skin underneath.
    It had a greenish tint.

It was only 2 years since learning warlock magic until they drank Mannoroth's blood. After which, they immediately began their march on Shattrath and ended the war:
    "Under his shrewd guidance, and with the blessings of the beings who have chosen to ally with us, we have grown strong. We have grown proud. We have advanced further in skills and technology in the last two years than we have in two centuries. The threat that once loomed over us has been broken, and it will take only a final push to see it forever crushed. But first.. . first, we will pledge ourselves to this cause and receive blessings in return."
    He bent and held up a strange chalice. It looked to be carved from the horn of some creature, but Durotan had never seen even a clefthoof sport so large a horn. Too, it was curved and yellowed. Strange glyphs had been inscribed on it, and as the night closed in around them, the inscriptions seemed to glow faintly. Whatever the cup contained glowed as well. As Gul'dan held it before him, an eerie yellowgreen
    light lit his face from beneath, casting grotesque shadows.
    "This is the Cup of Unity," Gul'dan said in a reverent voice. "This is the Chalice of Rebirth. I offer this to the leader of every clan, and he in turn may offer it to anyone in his clan whom he wishes particularly blessed by the beings who have been so very, very good to us. Who will come forth first, to pledge his loyalty and receive his blessings?"

And then another 6+ months before they went through the Dark Portal:
    After the Horde had taken Shattrath. sightings of the draenei had dwindled. It had been a full six months since anyone had reported even glimpsing one of the elusive blue-skinned beings. let alone killing one
    The war machines that had so devastated Shattrath several months earlier now were again pressed into service, repaired, oiled, and tested. Armor that had been neglected was polished, swords were sharpened, dents hammered out of chest pieces and helms.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-12-23 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    I'm gonna start RPing a draenei warrior who was around the time of Argus' fall, the question is if he's 25,000+ years old will he have a great white beard like Velen or is that purely a stylistic choice and draenei of that age can still be/seem/look like young adults? Though Velen may easily be well and above 25,000 years old as that's only when Argus fell, not when it rose or when Velen was born, so, yeah.

I agree with the poster that said just because a class was unavailable doesnt mean they didn't "exist" perse, and I think being a shaman would easily transfer into monk, after all I would imagine it's quite easy to justify a Shaman who was much more martial in their fighting techniques than pure casters, and as it's been said Shamanism amongst the Draenei has only been around for a short while so it's entirely plausible that while beginning as a shaman your Draenei found him/herself more attracted to the style and techniques of the monks that arrived from the Wandering Isle.

As far as age goes I have no idea where the dwarf got 250 from, personally my Draenei DK was born on Argus and my Paladin was born shortly after the Draenei left, so both are ancient, I've heard no complaints whatsoever about their ages.

Draenei live upwards of 25,000 years. Velen is immortal and Blizzard has not specified if draenei as a race are or not. 2300 years old is perfectly fine. And yes, draenei do age slower than other races based on Durotan and Orgrimm's interactions with the draenei in Rise of the Horde, so none of that "my draenei is 18" crap.

To verify some things;

First of all, Orgrim and Durotan have dinner and spend the night with the Draenei when they are children (I forget if their exact age is specified, but they're children). This is when Durotan sees the Draenei girl who he -thinks- may be about his age (but it's left ambiguous as to how old she may truly be). I do not think, as far as I know, that anything anywhere states for absolute certain they grow at the rate of a human until adulthood but there may be some backwater, buried paragraph that confirms this. As far as the novel goes, it's openended and not answered either way for sure.

The war between the Orc and Draenei on Draenor doesn't last for any specified (as far as I know) amount of time. It's safe to assume it was over more than just a couple years, but couldn't have been more than five or six, as Rend and Maim are still mentally children (or at least younger adults) by the time the Orcs go to make the treaty with the Ogres near the end of the war. Rend and Maim were artificially aged via what we can assume was the lorical implications of a Warlock's "Drain Life" spell near the beginning of the war and by the end of it- as I said- they were still young in mind.

So, going off that, you can make the safe assumption it was at least 4-5 years, but also as I said, I don't know if any official amount of time has been given for it.

ANYWAYS; moving from that point-

The girl Durotan sees at the sacking of the city is -not- confirmed to be the same girl he saw as a child. Just that he thought that "Surely the girl from before was a grown woman by now- or was she?", again leaving it ambiguous as to whether or not it would have been the same girl or if the girl had aged to adulthood or not. This is of course many years later when Durotan is an adult and no longer a child.

Velen has officially been stated to be over 20,000 years old in a couple of different sources; and the events of Argus at the beginning of Rise of the Horde were confirmed to be at least "around" 25,000 years ago depending on which exact source you're going off of.

At the end of the day the thing we can know for sure is that it's very possible for any normal Draenei to be thousands of years old. It's likely that any of them, including players, are at least a couple of hundred years old (it's mentioned somewhere that many Draenei are born in transit between planets; but I forget where they said it) so it's not such a stretch to say your Draenei has been around for a couple thousand.

The Night and Blood Elves on the other hand have had it said exclusively that they've all been born recently (The Blood Elf player characters were all born sometime after the third war, making them about Thrall or Varian's ages) and aren't of any thousands-of-years old variety. Of course that doesn't mean you can't say "MY ELF IS OLDER THAN THAT", especially considering Blood Elf death knights could be potentially far older than the third war.

So at the end of the day, you're clear to have a Draenei be 2,000 years old.