Best leveling spec

Ok Witches and Warlocks,

What is the best leveling spec and why? I have full BoA's etc... I had 7 85's in Cata and so far 3 of them to 90 in MoP so I feel I have a good grasp on the game as a whole so complexity isnt an issue for me. So please tell me which spec is the best for leveling and why..

I like either destro or Aff. Demo just feels clunky to me. Personal preference.

Aff, just SB:SS, Haunt and MG/SD it down.

With Destro you can Chaos bolt off the top if you want and just blast the mobs into oblivion. I personally like leveling/dailies Destro with GoSup Voidlord. Just feels right to me.

EDIT: Just realized you may be starting from level 1, in that case I DEFINITELY prefer Destro, as it feels the most natural to me early on, and doesn't require a bunch of ramp up time.

yes, I am starting from lvl 1, currently at 20, basically right now im just running around putting corruption on everything and letting my imp do the rest which is working out quite amazing thus far I might add...

10+ Year Old Account
    In general every spec works to level up with. I've done affliction in the past and in Mists and am at the moment leveling another warlock switching between Destro and Demo and all 3 specs work. I've found the easiest and safest way to run with a voidwalker pet. Demo is slightly annoying untill level 25 or so when you finally get Touch of Chaos cause you build up fury but have no way to spend it, and metamorphosis has little use, even if you do have it. Once you get ToC though Demo is really, really nice.

I would pick Destro hands down if I were you. Most of the time you will oneshot or 2shot mobs.Havoc along with chaos bolt and shadowburns to finish of.You will never have mana problems as mana regen is sick for Destro, and with extra embers you will be able to heal yourself. While affli and demo need some time to ramp up dmg on a target destro is more straight forward (well 1 target to build some embers then executing mobs fast). Also conflagrate's slow (glyphed) is nice to kite or slow mobs for 1-2 extra spells until they reach to you. You wont even need a pet to tank (unless rares/elites).

But this is just my personal preference. You should try by yourself and see what fits best for you.

Deleted
    Up to level 85 it's pretty much demo, felguard is just insanely OP at low level. From 85-87 it's gonna be demo/destro with Voidlord. 87-90 Destro with GoSup cause you will need those chaos bolts/shadowburns to kill mobs fast.

Demo all the way altough first levels are so boring...but for all specs

I liked Aff, just tab dot 20 things at a time and never even come close to dying. Run Glyph of Soul Consumption or w/e its called if you can and you will have no downtime at all.

Deleted
    Awesome. I hav been leveling my warlock as a demo. Will try out some destro tomorrow

optimal spec to level with ?

I have an 80 lock and can you guys tell me what is the optimal spec to level with that has no down time. good single target and aoe capabilities. I quest more than pvp if that helps.

I am in a hurry to gear up for 5.2 for my guild.

Thank you,

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I leveled my lock in cata, afflic worked really well because of drain tanking. Basically, you'd spam Drain Life on things after dotting them up, and Life Tap when you're oom (then life tap to get health again).

But that was in cata, so not sure how it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, there's a post called "Best leveling spec" just a few posts down, surely you could have at least looked at the first page of this board for a good thread to post your question in, or get the info you need. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-leveling-spec

I've merged this thread into that one, but try to look for a thread to post in next time please.

Deleted
    I just leveled from 80 to 90 in two days as destruction, and was having a blast, nothing I couldnt kill, and was doing quite big aoe pulls, even in dread wastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Business being over with though, my answer to your question.

My guess is you'd be best of with Demo if you are allready at level 80. You'll have all the tools you need and should be able to level through Cata and Mists if you are looking for good single target + AoE. On the whole though Destro or Affliction will work well too. When Affli make sure you get glyph of Soul Consumption. That will cut down on down time significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Come on, there's a post called "Best leveling spec" just a few posts down, surely you could have at least looked at the first page of this board for a good thread to post your question in, or get the info you need. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-leveling-spec

I've merged this thread into that one, but try to look for a thread to post in next time please.
    lol, my apologies, it was an open page from last night i forgot to refresh, so i just made a post

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im not sure how viable this is at low level, since my lock hasnt been below 85 since before 5.0 so things may have changed etc. but it made a world of difference in how quickly i do dailies when i started using glyph of demon hunting (demo tank glyph) the single target damage is a bit low, but the aoe damage is insane with HoG, immo aura and felstorm. using harvest life etc.... if your needing to kill a lot of mobs fast, this is the way to do it!

Affliction: you can handle more than 15 mobs at once without dying. Use soul burn + health funel to keep voidwalker alive when damage from mobs is too high, so dont cast haunt at this time; dot them all and use harvest life to easy kill. Run out the shards? get 1 mob and use drainsoul when he is dying. You will get healthfunnel at 11, soulburn at 19 and Harvest Life at 15, believe me, it's a easy cake.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!