Sha gun - what's the drop chance on that?

For the last... 13-14 weeks, I've been spending ALL my elder charms on Lei Shi, *JUST* for the freaking gun, to no avail!!! I got 4 other characters with their sha weapons and gem and 4xtier 14 items... but for my hunter, the freaking gun just won't drop.

Am I cursed? I'm getting super pissed... will it drop before 5.2?

I'm going to highlight a word for you:

Drop chance.

Deal with it.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, RNG is RNG. I got mine on my second kill.

6 kills, 3 guns, only 2 hunters raiding.

Im in the same boat for my axe on my DK I about gave up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the new weapons in 5.2 will have a better drop chance than Taoren does. The stats of said weapons already make even H Taoren obsolete (so I'm told).

With 5.2 arriving in a few weeks (or less?), I'm no longer actively going after LFR Taoren. My 2/2 LFR Fang Kung bow will do until the patch's release

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonimus View Post
    I'm going to highlight a word for you:

Drop chance.

Deal with it.
    He's asking what the drop chance is.

It's like he was asking "how much does an apple weigh" and you replied "apple".

Can't find any solid source, but I'm pretty confident it's around 5%. It is a very low chance indeed, fortunately 5.2 will be much more gentle with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen the caster sword from it either in every kill, every lfr normal/hc run I've ever done.

It's a chance. All of them are on equal chance of showing up EVERY kill or never showing up at all.

I too blew many coins on getting a weapon until the Empress finally coughed up her mace (2 weeks before the next patch, thanks bitch)
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shi has 20 items on loot table, 3 of which are tier tokens.
    In 10-man, one drop is always token, so chance of getting the gun as second one is about 6%.
    The coin gives about ~15% estimated chance of loot, and there are 4 hunter drops, so it's ~ 4% per coin. I think LFR chance is similar to coin.
    That said, I already got 3 gun drops in LFR (used like 6 coins to get first one though).
    Old Gods made me do it.

Check this topic -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hardest-to-get

Drop chance: extremly low ;]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    For the last... 13-14 weeks, I've been spending ALL my elder charms on Lei Shi, *JUST* for the freaking gun, to no avail!!! I got 4 other characters with their sha weapons and gem and 4xtier 14 items... but for my hunter, the freaking gun just won't drop.

Am I cursed? I'm getting super pissed... will it drop before 5.2?
    Don't worry bro, I know dat super feel. Still no Sha sword for me.

I've run Lei Shei every week it's been available, Will of the Emperor every week it's been available, and the H dungeon with the epic drop over 50 times. I have yet to see any weapons. My bad RNG on that toon continues.
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.

Deleted
    Lei Shie dropped it for me first time we killed it on HC
    But back in Cata I killed Deathwing hc more then 15times to see the bow.
    So yea RNG is RNG.

i got mine the first heroic kill i did like 7or 8 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Hopefully the new weapons in 5.2 will have a better drop chance than Taoren does. The stats of said weapons already make even H Taoren obsolete (so I'm told).

With 5.2 arriving in a few weeks (or less?), I'm no longer actively going after LFR Taoren. My 2/2 LFR Fang Kung bow will do until the patch's release
    I just simmed, that situation.
    517 upgraded heroic Taoren (with sha gem and agi gem in prismatic) versus any of the 522 normal weapons.

The extra agility on the 517 beats out the 522 increased weapon damage.
    I would lose 1600 dps going to a 522

EDIT: also does anyone that uses the WOWTRACK know why it would not be updating? I added it awhile back after seeing it in signatures on here, and I go out and "update" my character, but it's stuck at 13/16.
    I've missed our ambershaper kill, but was there for TSULONG so I should say 14/16 and guild should be 15/16 but it's not picking up the TSULONG kill....
    my wow armory shows 14/16,,,,hmmm
    Last edited by WeaselHunter; 2013-02-13 at 04:13 PM.

I've killed Lei Shi 8 times. I used a coin the first 7 kills and got the gun with the 7th coin. I also won the trinket with a coin prior to that, even though it was a downgrade and we've seen it drop off the boss 3 times.

When a boss has 17 non-tier drops on its loot table, and only drops one of them a week, you shouldn't hold your breath. And yes, it's a very disappointing reality.

Btw, later in the same week I got the gun, we killed heroic Will and the bow dropped, even though it was worthless then.

I hate low drop rates, but the only thing to do about it is to not get your hopes up and to make sure you have a coin for every boss kill that has a weapon upgrade. Sorry, bro.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 12:25 PM ----------

Also, the next tier looks like there is even more bloat. However, part of that is there being more weapons (from what I can gather, 3 boss drop ranged weapons for us and 1 trash drop (so no heroic version)). 3 coins a week + 3 bosses that drop weapons = easy choice on which bosses to spend coins on.

As others have said, Lei shi has 20 items on the loot table, 3 of which are tier tokens and guaranteed. So that leaves 17 items for the last slot (if 10 man). Now to my knowledge the belts have a much lower change because they drop off tsulong also, but still it sucks. So much fun when a boss has 4 of your best items (unless you do protectors elite but still...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post

Can't find any solid source, but I'm pretty confident it's around 5%. It is a very low chance indeed, fortunately 5.2 will be much more gentle with us.
    the thing im worried about here, as ive seen this happen before.. the new raid will have multiple bows/guns for us (HOORAY!), but will prolly only have one of some other thing, like bracers, or neck or something that we will get shafted on, and have to spend months trying to get. this sort of thing happens every tier.

OT: im sorry to hear the OP has been at it as long as i have. running ToES 3-4 times a week, just to use a silly coin on Lei Shi. Finally got my gun 4 days ago. me and RNG are totally NOT friends. hopefully you get yours soon. but the drop chance is super low for stuff we really need. good thing they usually put like 35 rogue daggers in the raids so we can have vendor trash as a consolation prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.