A question for the WoW community

Hey guys quick question Why do we have high end pvpers blatantly promoting and performing boosting through twitch? In other games we have seen people receive bans for EULA breaking on stream do you think we will see it in wow?

I won't link the boosting website but you should check out some of the more popular twitch streamers and see who has a special tag in the bottom right corner.

To be honest I'm a little outraged by the whole thing here is a pillar of the community and apparently everyone is ok with breaking the rules?

I know if they gets banned we will see people crying and trying to crash servers etc but I mean come on there has to be something done.
    Last edited by Adver5ary; 2013-02-13 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adver5ary View Post
    Hey guys quick question Why do we have high end pvpers blatantly promoting and performing boosting through twitch? In other games we have seen people receive bans for EULA breaking on stream do you think we will see it in wow?

I won't link the boosting website but you should check out some of the more popular twitch streamers and see who has a special tag in the bottom right corner.

To be honest I'm a little outraged by the whole thing here is a pillar of the community and apparently everyone is ok with breaking the rules?

I know if they gets banned we will see people crying and trying to crash servers etc but I mean come on there has to be something done.
    There isn't anything in WoW's TOS that has anything against boosting someone else. However, as long they work out the details out side the game and there is no proof of them exchanging in game items for $$$ Blizzard can't really do anything.

It isn't any different from PUG runs where some bored geared Frost DK carries another class through 6 wins.

However, win trading is more like an exploitation and hurts the community. I guess they have stricter rules for that.

However, promoting, again I can't really explain that. But I've seen people promoting carries and boosting in Trade Chat and nothing seems to be done about that. In fact the guild is still very much alive the last time I saw and this has been going on for months. Most times they ask you to contact them via Skype or some other form of communication. Blizzard doesn't really know what was decided between them so they can't really take any action and even if you were scammed they wouldn't be able to do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    This should go into the PvP sub forum, A mod will prbly move it shortly
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I could have sworn the ToS says only you can play your account. I mean its the most simple of rule breaking but I mean as a community we are watching titles being sold for RL money. I am not legal genius but Im sure there is something wrong here.

Also about the placement of the thread I am not specifically talking about pvp in the sense of how do i stab people. I am talking to the community about services being sold to a part of the community and how we are not seeing anything done about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Archdruid is correct. This belongs in the PVP forums.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Ok than pvp community your titles are being sold by big names what you guys think bout it

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    The Archdruid is correct. This belongs in the PVP forums.
    While it is pointed at PvPers this is more of a community issue and not just singled out as PvP in my opinion