Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I agree on a daily basis. However on a weekly basis it's the exact same speed. The cap is 12,000 rep per week. Doing the PvE daily missions on only one toon nets you 14,490 a week. Doing the PvP missions on top nets you 15,390 a week(14,490 + 900). The cap is 12,000. You'd reach the Legendary status in the same week as the PvP'ers if you stuck to doing the PvE dailies.

The event ends in 2 weeks. It will return but when it ends PvE'ers will have the same rank as any PvP'er if they stick to their missions. World Bosses not included. In other words do the PvE dailies each day and no PvP'er will be ahead of you in rank by the event's end (again, world boss farming excluded).
    Oh really? I didn't realize there was a weekly cap (obviously I am not worried about maxing my rep grind ). That's not so bad. You wouldn't even have to do all the PvE dailies everyday then (since doing them everyday puts you over the cap). That's much better than what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    *snip*
    I'm not entirely sure why you'd read Arlee's post and completely gloss over Jamos77's. If Jamos77 is correct in calculations, your entire post makes no sense. If you can reach your weekly rep cap without doing a single PvP mission, world boss, or needing another level appropriate toon, why are you bitching? Personally, I'll take his word for it simply because I'm sure he plays the game far more than you or I.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Its happened in other games, and ultimately the PvPers don't really care overly much.

Similarly, in order to maximize your Black Hole commendations, don't you HAVE to do the Space Game?
    Hell, there's an entire separate faction for Space Missions that offer "unique" rewards (by "unique" I mean recycled armor). I don't see him bitching about that though.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why you'd read Arlee's post and completely gloss over Jamos77's. If Jamos77 is correct in calculations, your entire post makes no sense. If you can reach your weekly rep cap without doing a single PvP mission, world boss, or needing another level appropriate toon, why are you bitching? Personally, I'll take his word for it simply because I'm sure he plays the game far more than you or I.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 03:39 PM ----------

Hell, there's an entire separate faction for Space Missions that offer "unique" rewards (by "unique" I mean recycled armor). I don't see him bitching about that though.

So every time I mention something I dislike i should mention every single thing I dislike?

Ever think I glossed over Jamos post because I don't agree with his crap? I don't care if rep CAN be capped if I commit myself to every day of the week, I care that I am missing out on rep faster because they decided to make a limited time PvP event even on PvE servers.

I like to have a life outside the game and find it unfair I have to grind longer because they decided to make PVP crap in this event.

Jeez I hate how people can't dare complain about this game without fanboys complaining about them.

Don't complain but I can complain about you.

Sorry I expect decent service from a game and that when I sign up for a PvE server I expect PvE stuff.

I surely hope I don't meet any of you backwards fanboys in real life where Bioware can never do wrong and anyone who has even minor complaints is clearly out of their mind for wanting decent service.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2013-02-13 at 11:54 PM.

I don't care if rep CAN be capped if I commit myself to every day of the week, I care that I am missing out on rep faster because they decided to make a limited time PvP event even on PvE servers.

I surely hope I don't meet any of you backwards fanboys in real life where Bioware can never do wrong and anyone who has even minor complaints is clearly out of their mind for wanting decent service.
    This has to be one of the most idiotic "complaints" I've ever heard. Seriously, your hatred of the game has really crossed the line into blind hatred for no reason. Like, really?

Snipping this out since it was intended more in jest and came across a bit too seriously.

I've said in the past and I'll continue to say, there are a million legitimate criticisms of BioWare and SWTOR. This is not one of them though. You achieve the same ends in the same amount of time, give or take a single day, yet you still complain. There is zero legitimacy to your complaint here. Absolutely zero.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-14 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

I kinda hope I meet you though, because I feel like getting you to flip your shit would be insanely easy and lead to all kinds of fun results.
    You sound like such a nice person.... Happy being a jerk?

You really like it when other people are upset? Instead of helping or ignoring you just like to be an asshole huh? Cause that's what you are doing.

Do you punch puppies just to see them cry?

You know nothing about me or whats going on in my life. You can continue to be an ass and take enjoyment in the misery of others I'll try and make the world a better place.

I hope to get banned because you deserve a big fuck you for being an ass. I can only hope the next time you're life is shitty someone acts like a dick to you so you can see how you're like.

Maybe you get cancer, and instead of turning the other check when someone disagrees someone grinds in the assholeness instead of leaving something alone.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2013-02-14 at 12:18 AM.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

You sound quite irate, friend. In the interest of your own health and safety, enhance your calm.

redit: If you read my earlier post, you'd see that I did help you by explaining that the total difference in the time to hit exalted with the Ilum faction is 1-2 days between someone who does the PvP and PvE quests, and someone who does only the PvE quests. If you choose to continue your irrational hatred and being upset for no reason, that's your prerogative.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-14 at 12:46 AM.

So every time I mention something I dislike i should mention every single thing I dislike?

Ever think I glossed over Jamos post because I don't agree with his crap? I don't care if rep CAN be capped if I commit myself to every day of the week, I care that I am missing out on rep faster because they decided to make a limited time PvP event even on PvE servers.

I like to have a life outside the game and find it unfair I have to grind longer because they decided to make PVP crap in this event.

Jeez I hate how people can't dare complain about this game without fanboys complaining about them.

Sorry I expect decent service from a game and that when I sign up for a PvE server I expect PvE stuff.

1. IF you want to have a life outside the game then go ahead.

2. Just because you say your casual doesnt mean you should get everything just as fast as someone who plays more.

3. You actually dont have to grind longer. I am not positive but each quest gives the same amount of rep so you are doing the same amount of quests for rep as anyone else except you dont want to do the PVP ones.

Believe me I am not a fanboy of this game but your complaint is that you cant get something just as fast as someone that plays or does more than you?

I kinda hope I meet you though, because I feel like getting you to flip your shit would be insanely easy and lead to all kinds of fun results.
    So you're just another worthless asshole.

Infracted. Don't flame.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-02-14 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    So you're just another worthless asshole.

Infracted. Don't flame.
    Thanks glad someone here is nice. Too bad you got reported even though edge is being a jerk

It's not a "fanboy" response. Especially considering my very first post where I thought doing the PvP quests were necessary until I realized that they weren't. You want to have a life outside the game? Make some fucking sacrifices. Jesus. It's another one of those "I want everything handed to me with little effort and if it isn't I'm just going to waaah waaah waaah until it changes."

I do find it utterly amazing, though, that I've called people "fanboys" in the past and have received a nice ban and yet this guy's post has somehow been glossed over.

And this :

Ever think I glossed over Jamos post because I don't agree with his crap?
    really means
    I didn't pay attention to his facts because I want to throw a tantrum based on my opinion. I mean, who needs facts when you can be completely irrational, amirite?"
    Also, according to the breakdown by Dulfy, if you JUST do dailies, it will take you 4.72 days to max out your weekly rep if you did just PvE dailies. It would take you 4.04 days if you did both PvE AND PvP missions. Either way, it's still gonna take you 4+ days. Now, wanna stop your incessant bitching?

Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Believe me I am not a fanboy of this game but your complaint is that you cant get something just as fast as someone that plays or does more than you?
    No, his complaint is that he is being forced to do something he does not enjoy (in this case, PvP) in order to be on par with other players. PvE servers were created specifically for this reason, and if reputation cannot be capped without doing PvP, then BioWare is basically saying "fuck you" to players who don't enjoy it and do not want to participate.

I haven't looked at it, so I don't know if it's mathematically true or not, but if reputation cannot be capped without doing PvP, then somebody who dislikes PvP has a valid complaint. Just like a PvP player who hated PvE would have a valid complaint if it's true the other way as well.

Essentially, the argument is that the rep cap should be achievable by whatever method an individual prefers: solely PvE; solely PvP; or, some combination of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    It's not a "fanboy" response. Especially considering my very first post where I thought doing the PvP quests were necessary until I realized that they weren't. You want to have a life outside the game? Make some fucking sacrifices. Jesus. It's another one of those "I want everything handed to me with little effort and if it isn't I'm just going to waaah waaah waaah until it changes."

I do find it utterly amazing, though, that I've called people "fanboys" in the past and have received a nice ban and yet this guy's post has somehow been glossed over.

And this :

really means

Also, according to the breakdown by Dulfy, if you JUST do dailies, it will take you 4.72 days to max out your weekly rep if you did just PvE dailies. It would take you 4.04 days if you did both PvE AND PvP missions. Either way, it's still gonna take you 4+ days. Now, wanna stop your incessant bitching?
    Long story short you are an asshole. If someone has a different opinion or would prefer something a different way they are just whiners. God forbid someone has an opinion right. No the company made it that way it's law they do everything right.

sincerely Assshole fanboy (aka notorious98).

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:06 AM ----------

No, his complaint is that he is being forced to do something he does not enjoy (in this case, PvP) in order to be on par with other players. PvE servers were created specifically for this reason, and if reputation cannot be capped without doing PvP, then BioWare is basically saying "fuck you" to players who don't enjoy it and do not want to participate.

I haven't looked at it, so I don't know if it's mathematically true or not, but if reputation cannot be capped without doing PvP, then somebody who dislikes PvP has a valid complaint. Just like a PvP player who hated PvE would have a valid complaint if it's true the other way as well.

Essentially, the argument is that the rep cap should be achievable by whatever method an individual prefers: solely PvE; solely PvP; or, some combination of the two.
    So glad someone else here has a brain and isn't an asshole. Seems other people would rather be close minded pricks and instead of seeing something from a concerned players perspective or even just ignore it they would just rather insult, belittle and stubbornly stick to their view (aka Biowares vieew since they are zombie fanboys who can't empathize with other players)
    Last edited by Argroth; 2013-02-14 at 02:08 AM.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Didnt jamos or someone show that you can reach the cap by doing only PVE? So you are arguing for something that you get?

It's a non-complaint, because it's not true. You can hit the rep cap each week without needing to participate in PvP. He's complaining about the 1-2 days before him that someone who does the PvP quests will hit cap in the final week of the rep grind. Others have pointed out that the rep cap is 1200 a week, you get 1400+ just from doing the PvE quests, so you can easily hit cap. The extra 900 from the PvP quests is irrelevant and would only lead to maxing out rep 1-2 days earlier.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why people are having such an issue with this. I hate BiowarEA and am very unsatisfied with the game, but I can clearly see that since there is a cap that can be obtained through only doing the PvE quests, there is no issue. You aren't forced to do anything other than dailies, which is another issue.

For those who enjoy PvP, they have also been given something to motivate people being in that area. It's honestly as win/win as you can get with them. Nothing is perfect, but this was a fairly decent feature they put in the game. The rewards are meh, but once again that is a different conversation.
    BAD WOLF

It's a non-complaint, because it's not true. You can hit the rep cap each week without needing to participate in PvP. He's complaining about the 1-2 days before him that someone who does the PvP quests will hit cap in the final week of the rep grind. Others have pointed out that the rep cap is 1200 a week, you get 1400+ just from doing the PvE quests, so you can easily hit cap. The extra 900 from the PvP quests is irrelevant and would only lead to maxing out rep 1-2 days earlier.
    Actually, if you read my breakdown, it would take somebody 4.72 days to hit rep cap by doing just PvE dailies and another person 4.02 days to hit rep cap by doing all dailies. Either way, you're still reaching your rep cap on your 5th day.

So, to sum up. It is 100% impossible for either player in this scenario to achieve the weekly rep cap in fewer days than the other.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 10:40 PM ----------

There are a great many things, in a great many games, that can't be achieved solely through PvP. Believe it or not, it's less important than PvE. The reason? Less people do it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What was added that would benefit a level 25 F2P player?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    What was added that would benefit a level 25 F2P player?
    Nothing iirc.

The event requires lvl 45 and the Reputation system involves the Voss as your first available grind (lvl 44-47). Heroic space, Gree and Section X really need lvl 50 or so to do them effectively.

So cynically speaking what was added for you as a lvl 25 F2P player are...cartel packs and goodies

EDIT: To be fair I doubt they'll add pre lvl 50 content for a while. The levelling up process is pretty much setup. I just took the opportunity to bash the Cartel additions but realistically there was never really going to be any lvl 25 content in this patch (or the next ones either).
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-02-14 at 07:48 AM.

""people"" like you really piss me off, you are a stage worse than kitty & al that whine and bitch about stuff they didn't inform themself on no you do it after the information has been posted like 3 times already in this thread, so i sure hope i am a troll because else i don't wanna imagine how you manage to get out of your bed in the morning...

Deleted
    As someone who has spent the last two days playing this patch I think it is pretty good. The main aim for any event like this for Bioware is to get people online and from what I can see in my guild that has worked.

There are issues though for players who have no interest in PVP. As has been stated before it is very easy to hit the weekly cap just doing the PVE missions, if you manage to take on a few world bosses (there are 2 with no requirements to access) each kill gives you 620 rep. So you can hit newcomer very quickly and that is the aim for most players. Once you hit the newcomer rank you can fight Xenoanalyst II. It is only from killing him multiple times (one week cooldown on HM&SM) will you get the legacy weapons that most people want before the event is over this time.

As I mentioned earlier there are some issues though. It is pretty difficult to avoid PVP even if you don't want it. PVP flagged players for fun or to drive off groups on world bosses camp out around key points on the map. Any type of AOE that hits them flags that player for PVP enabling them to attack. This makes the the world bosses particularly hard of an evening when a PVP flagged player will often sit in the middle of a boss fight and target healers when they do AOE healing spells. Often that leads to a wipe, allowing the PVP players group to take on the boss. With a one hour cool down on these world bosses you can understand why it is being done, doesn't help much though when some players have no interest in PVP. Still there is fun to be had with mass brawls between to groups of 16 players fighting over bosses and wiping each other.