Thread: Adware

10+ Year Old Account

Adware

So I've recently started using "superantispyware" that my friend recommended to me after I got rid of a virus on my pc a few days ago, all good and well I got rid of the virus and have been scanning with this software recently. It seems to keep finding adware on my pc, how much of a problem is it? is it serious at all or is it just one of them pain in the ass things? It finds "adware tracking cookie", I've used malwarebytes and spybot countless times and they haven't found anything but this software keeps finding them.
    I've just removed an extension which was causing adware links to pop up and I think it could be the cause of the adware coming back over and over but I'm just asking to make sure it's nothing big.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like SuperAntiSpyware is just being overzealous with it's cleaning. Every website has cookies, and some things see them as spyware, when they're not. If Malwarebytes says you're clean, you ought to be good.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

As long as it is just "adware tracking cookie" you have nothing to worry about, just clean those and move on.

Reason why you have "detection" from one program but not another pretty much comes from difference in their approach. Cookies are usually harmless but since they let sites "see" that you visited em before, some anti-spyware programs consider it as a sort of privacy issue and thus report it as "adware". Don't worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cookies are like people on the street. Most of them don't have a gun, and won't shoot you. But there's a tiny chance that one might. Some programs view it as everyone might, so flags them all.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    you should install anti adware software or any good antivirus system. this way you can keep your computer safe from any kind of adware and malware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot guys ;D