10+ Year Old Account

Returning playing looking for info

So, decided to give SWTOR another shot, going to be starting from scratch with a new toon and everything. My questions are as follows:

What is the best realm for high end raiding?

What is the best realm for high end rated warzones?

What is currently considered the "flavor of the month" class(and why)?

What is currently considered the "weakest" class (and why)?

Thanks!

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 01:53 PM ----------

215 views, 0 information... awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    Bwaha... the Bastion has the best high end rated warzones on the imp side. Although Pot5 loyalists will argue with me. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    So, decided to give SWTOR another shot, going to be starting from scratch with a new toon and everything. My questions are as follows:

I'm not sure how people can answer these questions since most of us only play on 1 server. I will say that people do Ops and Rated Warzones on The Ebon Hawk (RP), but you will find less people doing Rated Warzones due to the lack of teams signing up. Usually premades get more done by queueing up for regular games and just smacking around PUGs.

The strongest PvP classes right now are Focus/Rage spec'd Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors, Hybrid Assassin/Shadow, Bubble Spec Sage/Sorcerer, and Pyro/Assault Powertech/Vanguard.

The weakest PvP class is most definitely the Mercenary/Commando. DPS-Spec'd Sage/Sorc are pretty low too.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are dps operatives?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The weakest PvP class is most definitely the Mercenary/Commando.
    In Warzones that is indeed. Don't let it fool you and think they aren't any good in Operations. Because Arsenal Mercenary sure is good!

How are dps operatives?
    Decent. But if you want to go for a stealth melee I'd suggest Assassin instead. I find the damage output for the Assassin to be better than a Operative. It's more steady, and higher in overall output.
    But I like the Operative healing a LOT. I'd rate that as the best one, PvE speaking. PvP.. It's Sorcerers which you should go for.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:28 AM ----------

That's because it's hard to give certain information about servers. It's not that much like in WoW where you can easily track guilds and servers for their progress in Operations. Ranked Warzones.. Best bet is to just roll to a PvP server.

And I think it might be better to also include what kind of role you're interested in. Damage, healer or the tanking role?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    And I think it might be better to also include what kind of role you're interested in. Damage, healer or the tanking role?
    Def interested in damage, really leaning towards sorc atm, however ive been hearing a lot about their dmg in pvp to be very lack luster... any insight on that?

Deleted
    Most servers are pretty busy now they have been merged, the choice is between a PVP server or PVE with optional PVP.

See above

For PVP people tend to be leaning towards the tank classes forr survivability but gearing them for DPS. There are an awful lot of them about so must be working.

Probably the ranged classes sniper/soccerer for PVP. They can not dps on the move and that makes them vunerable to knock backs etc

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:50 AM ----------

Def interested in damage, really leaning towards sorc atm, however ive been hearing a lot about their dmg in pvp to be very lack luster... any insight on that?
    Sorcs are great at sitting in one spot dealing large amounts of damage. If they have to move a lot your in trouble. They are the best group wide healers, they just die a lot though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorcs are one of the top kill targets for me because of their lack of mobility. Lightning spec is virtually a death sentance imo, so you would best off going Madness.

If you are looking at doing a ranged class I would recommend Sniper. Its not without its weaknesses, but due to a high amount of CC and ability to abuse their portable shields, they can be pretty nasty. Here is an older video from one of the best Gunslingers (Sniper counterpart) I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnbhqNBvPys

Honestly.. I would suggest going for Marauders/Sentinels or Juggernaut/Guardian. I am not sure which one is realy better. But with both you can go "Smash-spec". And that's pretty insane. So, imagine most people having around 20K HP in a Warzone. You Force Charge/Leap towards your enemy (you gain a buff which increases your damage with Smash by X% and on top of that your 4-set bonus (atleast for Juggs) grants a buff that increases all damage by X% for 5 seconds after charge/leap) and you throw in a Smash. Most Smashes deal around 6-8K then. And mind you, it's an AoE attack. So it affects up to 5 targets in total. After that, you keep using your standard single target Damage abilities (every time you use one X amount goes off the CD-timer of Smash).
    When Smash is off CD again, you can choose between either (not sure for the name) Obliterate them, which is a small Charge/Leap or Force Push them away, Charge back into them for your 4-set bonus and throw in ANOTHER smash. Ontop of that is you're using Enrage or Force Crush/Force Choke you gain a 4-stacked buff which ALSO increases the damage done by your Smash.
    You get the idea..

But the problem is with going for a high-damage dealing class is that you mostly don't bring too much into your Warzone. You're just that guy who only cares about high numbers in Damage. In Warzones like Battle for Alderaan it's important you're able to stall people. Think of CC'ing, rooting, slowing. Because what you want in a Warzone is ofcourse a lot of Medals but you ALSO want people to vote for you (more valor points and commendations).

10+ Year Old Account
    are there any arenajunkies, skillcapped etc, equivilents for swtor? Ive decided to go with inquisitor, but would like to watch/read some of the "top pvpers" of those respective classes to get an idea of the pros and cons of each, as well as what builds/rotations etc are used.

are there any arenajunkies, skillcapped etc, equivilents for swtor? Ive decided to go with inquisitor, but would like to watch/read some of the "top pvpers" of those respective classes to get an idea of the pros and cons of each, as well as what builds/rotations etc are used.
    Noxxic does a fairly good job at it. But they tend to do so with the two other MMO's aswell (WoW and GW2 that is). SWTOR isn't that populair as WoW is, keep that in mind. A lot less people play it, and the community isn't that far-stretched to have dozens of sites with tips and tricks for every class.

The sites I can suggest: Dulfy, Darthhater and Noxxic.

I hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest looking at Shinarika's videos. She makes tutorial videos and discusses playstyles and gearing optimizations of the Shadow/Assassin. She goes through every spec imaginable and is always trying something new. Here is an exampled video, but she has made plenty others that are relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w7-8tBsobQ

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    Noxxic does a fairly good job at it. But they tend to do so with the two other MMO's aswell (WoW and GW2 that is). SWTOR isn't that populair as WoW is, keep that in mind. A lot less people play it, and the community isn't that far-stretched to have dozens of sites with tips and tricks for every class.

The sites I can suggest: Dulfy, Darthhater and Noxxic.

I hope this helps.
    Noxxic is severely outdated and has lots of misinformation. Stay away from that site. Official forums has the best information but needs some digging to find the valid ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    Noxxic is severely outdated and has lots of misinformation. Stay away from that site. Official forums has the best information but needs some digging to find the valid ones.
    Hhm, well I guess it depends on classes then. I've never realy used it as a 'guide' but more as a little 'feedback system'. And it never seemed to fail me. Sure, some specs on certain classes I don't fully agree with (but they aren't that awful).

But alright..
    STAY AWAY FROM NOXXIC! THAT'S A NO-NO SITE!