Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Rand Paul gives the Tea Party response to the President's State of the Union

This is Rand Paul's (son of Ron Paul) counter speech he gave to the President's State of the Union. This is the exact kind of Libertarian/Republican this country needs if we are to get things fixed in this country. Rand Paul represents a new era of Republican leadership in America, one that represents the ideals and ideas of younger conservatives. Rand Paul needs to get elected President in 2016! The status quo from the left or right just isn't going to cut it anymore.

After watching this video let everyone know your thoughts on the speech and Rand Paul in the space below. Thank you for watching this video with an open mind, to those who did.

Live Free...

Rand Paul is protofascist...how could you be fooled otherwise?

Newsflash: Rand Paul is not Ron Paul. Despite being his son, they're two totally different ideologies...

The moment he started talking I gagged... ughhh his voice is seems like it's hiding some disgustingly evil shit....

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You mean like returning to the gold standard? And eliminating the U.N.? Yeah, that's pretty progressive - right back to the 19th century.

Oh good, 40 seconds in and you are quoting Reagan who started deficit borrowing and lowering taxes, while saying that deficit borrowing is bad.

Lots of Strawman and fearmongering in 1:00-2:00.

Rand Paul doesn't understand Economics, judging by the second minute. 'Squeeze money' when our taxes are lower than they have been since before WW2. But I mean, that wasn't when we were a superpower or 'great', right?

Well at least he is blaming both parties, I agree with him on that.

Well we should sell Abrams tanks to anyone who wants them since we are making a ton of extra of them that the Army doesn't want because of backroom deals he is talking about.

I can't watch this past ~6:00.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone needs to be president unless the have the backing of the majority of the population. "younger conservatives" make up a very tiny minority.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Did anybody catch the Libertarian or Green Party response to the SOTU? I mean if they let the Tea Party have airtime, why not allow a legitimate party have a response?

Hah, Rand Paul.

Hahahahaha.

The OP's post sounds like some sort of advertising... as if copy/pasted straight out of a promotional leaflet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Did anybody catch the Libertarian or Green Party response to the SOTU? I mean if they let the Tea Party have airtime, why not allow a legitimate party have a response?
    The Green Party probably said 'If we stop allowing businesses to dump toxic shit into our water and pump it into our air, we will be able to save medical costs. I believe they are also for reducing business tax deductions and encouraging green energy/buildings with government funds.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You mean like returning to the gold standard? And eliminating the U.N.? Yeah, that's pretty progressive - right back to the 19th century.
    The thing that's great about that is it eliminates the monetary inflation debt problem that the money system currently has...

...however the doinks don't realize that, as you pointed out, we'd go back to the 19th century due to the American MENTALITY of competition. We'd instantly go back to a feudal society where it's individual states fighting each other for gold supply because we "gotta GROW" and all that insane "individual responsibility" crap they spout. Individual responsibility comes via education, not by financially putting a gun to your head and saying "do this or you won't get fed today!" to every single human being!

There's a girl I recently met who's almost a six-figure income tech engineer at a company. Want to know how her life was? From birth her rich parents set up a trust fund that sent her right from kindergarten to College. She owns one home, and is buying a second and is an AMAZING winner and contributor.

She had a free ride all the way - and she turned out BETTER than 98% who don't get a free ride like she did. Put that into your "individual responsibility" pipe and smoke it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The Green Party probably said 'If we stop allowing businesses to dump toxic shit into our water and pump it into our air, we will be able to save medical costs. I believe they are also for reducing business tax deductions and encouraging green energy/buildings with government funds.
    Generally speaking that's their platform, only with a little more government muscle to tell people what to do.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it was to much to ask for people to watch the video and then have an intelligent conversation started.
    Last edited by Eomar; 2013-02-13 at 05:15 AM.
    Live Free...

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The OP's post sounds like some sort of advertising... as if copy/pasted straight out of a promotional leaflet.
    He's scared himself into oblivion... can you blame him based on what kind of info he's surrounding himself with? :P

While it's fun to bash on the "loosing" side of things, it would be nice if the OP had an open mind and listened to others. Particularly the part where Obama said "we're not increasing the debt, not one single dime with our programs" - but believes this guy who says "Obama's increasing the debt".

...but of course he'll probably blame the 4 tril on Obama, as if John McCain wouldn't have signed that into office if he was president in 2009...

Quote Originally Posted by Eomar View Post
    I guess it was to much to ask for people to watch the video and then have an intelligent conversation started.
    Should I read this is 'no one agrees with me and I can't/won't support what Rand talked about in the video I linked, so I'm just going to complain?'

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 11:13 PM ----------

Wow, you really need to look up the definition of Fascist. Rand Paul couldn't be more different from that.
    A lot of Libertarians like to make you think they're for small government...right up until they're not getting their way. Ron Paul's dealings with ronpaul.com are proof of that.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Rand Paul is protofascist...how could you be fooled otherwise?
    You really need to go and look up the definition of Fascist. Rand Paul is nothing like that.
    Live Free...

I guess it was to much to ask for people to watch the video and then have an intelligent conversation started.[COLOR="red"]
    No - some of us did watch it.

The problem is you believing it's the only solution, and that everything Rand Paul is saying is 100% truth.

Did you bother watching the state of the Union? Did you miss the part where Obama said "we're not increasing the debt with our new plans, not one dime"?

You really need to go and look up the definition of Fascist. Rand Paul is nothing like that.
    you need to look up....rand paul. He's quite the proto fascist indeed.