Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    The Grottos are in old Russia. Its a cave filled with level 22 Hive, including two wizards and an ogre. It leads to an area where you fight the Devil Walker. Yes, that Devil Walker. I've only gotten a couple engrams from it, but the point of this run I make is XP for leveling my gear and Glimmer.
    I know there is this a single room in the underground of Russia near where you spawn with level 18 mobs while every other mob in the every is level 2... No one really explains why..

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where's a good place to farm legendaries? Really would like to get some good gear and not rely on RNG so damn much....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Survivor View Post
    Where's a good place to farm legendaries? Really would like to get some good gear and not rely on RNG so damn much....
    PvP. Strikes. Get marks, get legendaries. It's all RNG. There's no place that guarantee's legendaries. But grinding those two will get you points to alteast buy some.

Also servers seem to be such shit right now. Never had problems with the servers until tonight.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 more strike for my exotic weapon bounty to go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    The Grottos are in old Russia. Its a cave filled with level 22 Hive, including two wizards and an ogre. It leads to an area where you fight the Devil Walker. Yes, that Devil Walker. I've only gotten a couple engrams from it, but the point of this run I make is XP for leveling my gear and Glimmer.
    Dunno but the Grottos are filled with level 20 mobs for me and there is no ogre in it (just 1 wizard and a couple of smaller hive dudes).

Anyway found that farming for engrams is a waste of time because you get so many while playing strikes and the daily stuff like heroic story mission. I dunno but my Cryptarch is level 8 although I haven´t really farmed for engrams at all. They just come naturally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I know there is this a single room in the underground of Russia near where you spawn with level 18 mobs while every other mob in the every is level 2... No one really explains why..
    Theyre next to a gold chest. Im pretty sure theyre just there to give people who go exploring a scare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Future plot discussion

What do you think about the due_to_NDA deleted comments from Reddit about Destiny's plot spoiler speculations. One hints that [I]we[/I] might be the Darkness and TLR the Traveller and the Speaker are the baddies. also Xûr mentions "Your Traveller has a dark mirror". My guess is that the Humans are the Darkness responsible for the mess in the past, and it was supposed to be the Destiny of them to destroy everything but over the course of the Expansions the players will change the Destiny and show everyone in the Galaxy how the humans can become the good guys. The end. Another possibility is that the Traveller is befallen by the possession of something evil and we have to enter a Raid against him for cleansing.
    You know I have thought about that a few days ago when I was wondering what the fuck that big old giant Orb really is. Isn't it kinda strange that the Traveler showed up, uplifted humanity and then the "darkness" came? If the "Darkness" really is an ancient enemy of the Traveler then it must have known that its presence would cause humanity to get attacked by the darkness. Maybe that was the Travelers goal? And WTF is that stupid thing anyway? A big vessel? A big AI? A Reaper in disguise? Harbinger? Sovereign? WTF !!

And who the fuck is that robo chick that keeps showing up in later missions and in the ending scene? The true plot of that game is a big mystery to me.

Deleted
    Consistent way is to just build up marks and currency. I have gloves/boots/chest from vanguard, primary weapon from Crucible and an exotic helmet from Xur for strange coins. I got an exotic heavy weapon as a reward from the legendary engram everyone gets for ranking up the cryptarch every level above 4/5. The only random drops I've had were on the very first day a legendary chest piece for Titan (I'm a hunter) that I salvaged and my secondary weapon which came from a deco engram in a Strike.

I'm 27 but I haven't done the raid yet, I did see a level 28 with fully upgrading equipment, I'm assuming he did the raid for ascendant materials to upgrade so I'm not sure about the drop rate there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the worst luck getting out of level 25 .
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

I'm really liking the Defender subclass for the Titan. No one... AI or Players... seems to understand they can shoot my Ward of Dawn all they want, it's not going anywhere. You can literally dance inside it for 30 secs with an entire room of mobs trying to shoot you.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2014-09-18 at 09:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really liking the Defender subclass for the Titan. No one... AI or Players... seems to understand they can shoot my Ward of Dawn all they want, it's not going anywhere. You can literally dance inside it for 30 secs with an entire room of mobs trying to shoot you.
    I find after maybe 5 shots they move into melee.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I find after maybe 5 shots they move into melee.
    Hasn't been my case, they pretty much keep their distance. Thought it would be easier for us all if we could shoot while we were inside it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either my luck today is extremely horrible, or this farming method for "The Dark Beyond" has been nerfed/hotfixed. xD
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2014-09-18 at 11:03 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hasn't been my case, they pretty much keep their distance. Thought it would be easier for us all if we could shoot while we were inside it.
    That would be like... overpowered... .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Having the worst luck getting out of level 25 .
    I was stuck on level 24 with rare items (almost all weapons upgraded...) untill today when I got rank 2 vanguard and bought legendaries with marks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    You know I have thought about that a few days ago when I was wondering what the fuck that big old giant Orb really is. Isn't it kinda strange that the Traveler showed up, uplifted humanity and then the "darkness" came? If the "Darkness" really is an ancient enemy of the Traveler then it must have known that its presence would cause humanity to get attacked by the darkness. Maybe that was the Travelers goal? And WTF is that stupid thing anyway? A big vessel? A big AI? A Reaper in disguise? Harbinger? Sovereign? WTF !!

And who the fuck is that robo chick that keeps showing up in later missions and in the ending scene? The true plot of that game is a big mystery to me.
    Among the different "Ghost Fragment" lore cards you can unlock in your Grimoire (they unlock as you find and revive dead Ghosts), there is one that hints just a little at the nature of the Traveler...

It's worth noting that the card in question is part of the "Dreams of Alpha Lupi" stuff, and Alpha Lupi was a Bungie created account from the forums that kicked off the ARG they did in February 2013 leading up to the reveal of Destiny.

It talks about the Traveler "lived as invisibly as possible, flicking from solar system to solar system, making grand plans, overseeing the culturing of civilizations, before leaving in a blink." It also makes mention of how it had "no recollection of ever wanting worship or even thanks from those blessed by you."

It then goes on to say:

"But memory is heavy now. It feels like lead and neutronium and electroweak matter fashioned into a moon-sized ball that you must carry as you move. Now your flight is rapid, your vast mind infected with such dread and toxic doubt that you find yourself afraid of the simple act of thought. And it is your children you must turn to now, in time of need."

Quite a few implications and possible truths hinted at in that one card. My interpretation right now of part of the nature of the Traveler and the Darkness is that the Darkness is an unintended result of the Traveler's existence, either a secondary entity created through the actions of the Traveler in eons past (or hell, with what the Vex can do and what that hints at, in the future) or as a by-product of sorts - waste expunged from the Traveler due to it not being compatible with its intrinsic nature (which is hinted at being benevolent, but can also be interpreted as "innocent" and curious meddling).

As for the Exo stranger chick? I have a different question...who the hell is the other person she talks to on a couple occasions? There's someone else out there that is currently even more mysterious than her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I was stuck on level 24 with rare items (almost all weapons upgraded...) untill today when I got rank 2 vanguard and bought legendaries with marks.
    Yeah. I was a little slow hitting 20, so I wont be able to get another item with marks till next week . Getting there though! might do some crucible + bounties to try and get the last few pieces.

Also anyone know if the smaller faction (Dead Orbit, FWC, New Monarchs) reps are quick grinds?

Deleted
    is there any penalty to leaving strike groups?

ive left like 5 in a row because i just need summoning pits :x

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    PvP. Strikes. Get marks, get legendaries. It's all RNG. There's no place that guarantee's legendaries. But grinding those two will get you points to alteast buy some.

Also servers seem to be such shit right now. Never had problems with the servers until tonight.
    Been doing PvP with horrible luck and i get booted from almost every strike for some odd damn reason. Keeps on getting some network error and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my internet...

They definitely need to improve the final loot on a level 24 strike. Like everyone else said, as it sits - you are better off just killing more mobs (regardless of difficulty) in X time than actually struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Survivor View Post
    Been doing PvP with horrible luck and i get booted from almost every strike for some odd damn reason. Keeps on getting some network error and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my internet...
    if its not ur net is bungies servers, tried restarting the game / console ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 87Octane View Post
    They definitely need to improve the final loot on a level 24 strike. Like everyone else said, as it sits - you are better off just killing more mobs (regardless of difficulty) in X time than actually struggling.
    thats what makes it fun abit of a challenge, better than the game being too easy