Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    It is my first Destiny. Grabbed it off of the black friday deal. I read it differs greatly from destiny 1 though.
    Yep it does greatly differ from Destiny 1, In some good ways (like a really fun leveling experience) and lots of bad ways (everything else). This "DLC" is 100% cut content and to be honest I shouldn't be surprised since it was proven all the content in Destiny 1 outside of Rise of Iron was cut content as well.

Just to give a small taste of my point, heroic strikes was in Destiny 1 day 1. But in Destiny 2 its a feature added if you pay $30. They also repeated the exact same issue Destiny 1 had and that was Destiny "DLC" taking away content you already paided for "Nightfalls". Also mark my words if DLC #2 adds anymore strikes you will lose both Heroic's and Nightfalls again unless you pay for that DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah thats it then. D2 is okay, but for some reason it threw out a lot of fixes and improvements Destiny 1 made over 3 years and in its place theres just more cash shop stuff. Its not the worst game ever its just a step backwards from Rise of Iron.
    Personally I would even say its a step back from TTK.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

i beat the story mode, have yet to play the game since
    about a month or so

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I would even say its a step back from TTK.
    Its house of Wolves without the prison of elders replay value. Damn shame since i hoped for some actual Vex story after all the hyping of mercury in D1. instead we got a maguffin-villain combo that was sub wow tier in writing.

Its house of Wolves without the prison of elders replay value. Damn shame since i hoped for some actual Vex story after all the hyping of mercury in D1. instead we got a maguffin-villain combo that was sub wow tier in writing.
    I can't really disagree even tho I did enjoy what story they gave. Maybe I enjoy it just because Destiny 1 didn't have any...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The DLC didn't really change much at all. It's still the same endgame as it was on monday, except there's a few more weapons and armor to get, and they added a strike milestone. If you want destiny to be your hobby don't expect any game changers from this DLC.
    I actually like the pace of this game via milestones. You log in, do stuff and get upgrade for your doll. No need to grind like mad man.

The problem is, there is no point into grinding if you want. There is little to no reason to play outside of milestones. Unless you want to gather new looks for your doll.

Feel kinda pointless... shittons of activities but after done with milestones you can as well shelve game till the next reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I actually like the pace of this game via milestones. You log in, do stuff and get upgrade for your doll. No need to grind like mad man.

The problem is, there is no point into grinding if you want. There is little to no reason to play outside of milestones. Unless you want to gather new looks for your doll.

Feel kinda pointless... shittons of activities but after done with milestones you can as well shelve game till the next reset.
    Yup, I'm right there with you. The game plays awesome, I love how it looks (looks awesome in 2560x1080), but they don't give you enough reason to log in after completing milestones. I don't want the game to consume my life, but I would like something to do beyond milestones.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To address the points you brought up;

A lot of us consider randomized perks on legendaries to be a negative, not a positive.
    You consider it to be negative, not a lot and for sure not the majority. Speak just for yourself. If we were to generalize the fact that a vast amount of people (far more than half of the player base according to sources) are not playing the game regulary or even stopped, coupled with the criticism of no long term activities are in favour of a more looter shooter oriented gameplay like Destiny 1 had. Even Destiny 1 got more popular with more depth and possibilities.

You may not like playing the game for random drops with the chance of getting a better weapon, but many people are. There even is a term of this kind of gameplay, surprise its the "looter shooter". With more randomized drops, there is at least something to play the game for. Static loot completely kills any meaning of playing the game which heavily focus on character advancement after you got anything you wanted.
    This is exactly what people are criticizing, after a few weeks you got all possible armor and weapons and you cleared all the content. The game is just done. The strikes, pvp and raid are not fun enough to keep running them without a possible reward. People expected a game more like Destiny 1 and that is absolutely understandable. The changes to please a more casual crowd are heavily backfiring.
    I never said that the differences between a poor and godroll should be high enough to be a dealbreaker, but one simple stat like improved reload speed by a couple of percent is not gonna make the loot system interesting.
    Why would god rolls matter to a casual if they are not needed to clear the content? I could throw in the word moderators of this forum love the most (entitled), but lets keep it at least a bit civilized.

It is kinda funny how everyone here bashes WoW for getting too casual over the years and in D2 people are saying "I dont get the hate".

The Masterwork system feels like an ideal middle ground, to me; I felt existing legendaries were a bit too "simple", so an extra modifier is great, and the randomization and capacity to reroll it means you can get the random mod you want. It should help cut down the gun meta focusing on a handful of weapons, since you can (I assume) get that "god perk" on other weapons of that class now. I played The Division a fair bit, and it has the kind of totally random perks you're talking about, and gearing there feels frustrating, particularly as a more-casual player.
    The masterwork system is nothing but a quick band aid to calm the crowd. It completely lacks depth.
    I can totally see where you are coming from with your division comment and that is the main problem. The longterm Destiny 1 players vs casual Destiny 2 players. If you are just playing D2 once or twice the week you wont see many problems, but if you play the game daily it is more than obvious what is wrong.

Not sure what you think is "heavily flawed" about the token system, but they're tuning it with CoO, so that's sort of a non-point, really.
    What exactly is fun about getting Tokens? A Token is nothing but saying "here is 1/20 of a random drop". Tuning it won't make it fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well again I like the DLC so far, could be better, but it is still fun. Like the challange (for me atleast) of the heroic adventures (only did 2 solo so far), that actually requires you to look for cover and use your nades and power ammo and look for precision shots, not just run in and melee everything to clear the place, that was a ton of fun, could see it being more fun with friends. Did not do the heroic strikes yet so cant comment on that. Lol brother vance or what ever he is called, sooo salty the poor guy ha ha ha ha.

Still allot that could use fixing, but fun for now. @Aliven and @grandpab I agree with you!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    You consider it to be negative, not a lot and for sure not the majority. Speak just for yourself. If we were to generalize the fact that a vast amount of people (far more than half of the player base according to sources) are not playing the game regulary or even stopped, coupled with the criticism of no long term activities are in favour of a more looter shooter oriented gameplay like Destiny 1 had. Even Destiny 1 got more popular with more depth and possibilities.
    The issue with that kind of gameplay is that getting a "good gun" goes from "I need a Uriel's" to "I need a Uriel's with at least two of these three-to-four possible rolls, or it's garbage", and then you feel like your gear is garbage basically forever, especially when expansions trivialize it and make you start over. This is how it went in The Division, which I'll keep referencing since I have played that and not Destiny 1, and from what I understand the loot principles were roughly similar.

Basically, take the current change of getting a given gun to drop, and make it so 95-99% of those drops are garbage. It's just a delaying tactic, and it stops loot being "fun", because you're never expecting anything that drops will actually be useful. You're grinding for days for the chance at maybe getting an upgrade, and you'd better be doing that grinding, or you'll never gear up at all.

I'm open to "depth and possibilities", but the Masterwork system already provides that. It's just one that's also customizable; it's only one random mod, and you can change it. If you want to keep some of this RNG factor, you can make it so that rerolling the mod either rerolls it randomly, or gives you a choice between 2-3 random options. And the currency for that reroll could be whatever you get from dismantling Masterwork weapons, so it's relatively rare (since you also need that for upgrading legendaries to Masterworks, and the drop rates are much lower). Could it be expanded upon/improved? Probably, but it's a solid step. And I don't want a system where weapons are just three randomized perks, or something.

This is exactly what people are criticizing, after a few weeks you got all possible armor and weapons and you cleared all the content. The game is just done. The strikes, pvp and raid are not fun enough to keep running them without a possible reward.
    I played a bunch, but I didn't make it my life. I've got a LOT of the weapons, but not all, and I'm not happy with my armor yet (definitely not now that CoO is out).

I'd prefer the game devs focus on making strikes/pvp/raids/farming fun in and of itself, because an endless loot upgrade slot machine is just a form of Skinner box, and I don't consider those to be "good gameplay". I should want to play Destiny 2 because the gunplay and content tickle my fancy, not because I have to get another few hours of grinding in to get a shot at maybe getting an upgrade, so I can grind better. That's a chore, not a game.

People expected a game more like Destiny 1 and that is absolutely understandable. The changes to please a more casual crowd are heavily backfiring.
    People keep saying things like that, and I've yet to see data. It's like how they took the "50% less physical sales than Destiny 1" news stories, and ignored the "more than 50% more digital sales than Destiny 1" stories.

I also feel people are comparing Destiny 2 at launch with Destiny 1 at end of cycle, with all expansions, and that's not really a reasonable expectation.

It is kinda funny how everyone here bashes WoW for getting too casual over the years and in D2 people are saying "I dont get the hate".
    As someone who was heavily involved in that discussion and in theorycrafting for years, from TBC through MoP, that argument never held water. WoW slowly declined because it was getting older and people moved on, not because it was "too casual friendly". Hell, TBC and Vanilla were criticized for being way too antagonistic to casual players, who had basically no chance of ever even entering the raids, let alone completing them. Those who complained about the introduction of the LFR and the removal of attunements were in the vast minority, not the majority.

The longterm Destiny 1 players vs casual Destiny 2 players. If you are just playing D2 once or twice the week you wont see many problems, but if you play the game daily it is more than obvious what is wrong.
    This complaint always drives me nuts. "I've spent 100+ hours on this game and now there's not much left to do." Is that not good value for your money? Why are you rushing so hard?

What exactly is fun about getting Tokens? A Token is nothing but saying "here is 1/20 of a random drop". Tuning it won't make it fun.
    That's not a "flaw". Advantages to the token system;
    1> It's account-wide. I used 'em a bunch to gear alts quickly.
    2> They have faction loot. Used 'em to try and get specific gear for looks.
    3> They provide a way to provide fractional incentives to things like public events, other than just "another piece of gear drops".
    4> You can store 'em for a bump after expansions and the like, potentially. Engrams are locked in when they drop, token drops aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    >tfw u will never have a caring femghost

why live
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I will give one good point to the update: heroic adventures are a satisfying difficulty. Not bullet sponges but comparable to D1 heroic strikes. A rocket can still nuke anything but otherwise cover and ammo are important again. It really highlights how badly the story of D2 needed a hard mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will give one good point to the update: heroic adventures are a satisfying difficulty. Not bullet sponges but comparable to D1 heroic strikes. A rocket can still nuke anything but otherwise cover and ammo are important again. It really highlights how badly the story of D2 needed a hard mode.
    Quick the world is ending, the world is ending..... He said something good about the game!!! /end sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I just got super unlucky, or maybe it's that I insist on maining a Hunter (because capes are cool, man), but the one heroic adventure I've run was brutal. I still finished it, but there was zero wiggle room. Pop head out when nearly anyone's shooting at you? Gibbed. Spent half my time hiding and waiting for the Prism effect to roll over to Void so I could use my launcher on big targets.

Maybe it's the low resilience of Hunters and the lack of reliable healing/defense tools; it definitely felt doable, but it's probably the most I've felt Hunter's issues thus far.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only got to play a bit today been without power the past 2 days, which is very lovely when it's 30f outside.

Not sure it's a complaint, but lvls seem fast to me. All I did was the edz event thing and got 2 lvls by the time I was done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, the Prometheus Lens is STUPIDLY overpowered in PvP. Like, half the TTK or more of basically any other weapon. It's better than power weapons. Just had a crucible match where at least 3 of the 4 guys we were up against were running it; it was absofuckinglutely ridiculous.

So my thoughts so far:

I've beaten the DLC story line, done everything there is to do on Mercury (new public event, one lost sector, region caches, 3 adventures and their heroic counterparts), ran several heroic strikes, and just did some farming around in general to try and get some exotic engrams for a chance at the new loot (surprise, surprise....so far I've only gotten repeat exotics that I already had -_-). So the only thing I haven't experienced yet is the new Raid Lair (which no one can quite yet).

And after all of that, I can honestly say "What the fuck is Bungie doing!?" Seriously, this is probably the SADDEST attempt at a DLC to date in the Destiny franchise. The story aspect is very short, predictable, and downright bland at times with yet even more cringe worthy dialogue (seriously....whoever is writing this shitty dialogue for the story stuff needs their asses canned....pronto). Half the story was just retreading areas we have already been to. Bungie didn't even put effort into some of these (the story mission that takes us through the Pyramidion strike doesn't hardly change anything.....they couldn't even be bothered to make us run it backwards like they've come to be so well known for!)

The heroic strikes are literally nothing but buffed enemies that do and take more damage (they didn't even have the fucking decency to add modifiers to them like we had in D1.....I'm sure that's coming as a paid part of DLC 2 though!). And basically ZERO reason to do them after you've done three for the weekly milestone every week. Yay! Our Tuesday reset event time just got extended to be a bit longer because of this (what a fucking joke)! -_-

PvP is still boring as shit and not worth the time. So nothing changed here.

A good chunk of the exotics added into the game are just fucking exotics that we already had in D1. So next to no effort was done there except for the minor changes to the exotic perks that they did to make it seem like they are attempting something different. Minimum developer effort for maximum profit......something Bungie is becoming extremely well known for.

Most of the cool looking and worthwhile loot is.....yep, you guessed it.....locked behind the Eververse Trading Company! The armor that they kept showing off in all their streams, trailers, and screenshots (the Vex themed ones) are only obtainable through Eververse. Most the loot we are able to earn outside of Eververse looks like shit in comparison (no surprise really, gotta sell those lootboxes somehow......but it's still shitty regardless).

If the Raid Lair turns out to be a flop like the Leviathan raid was, then that is the final nail in the coffin for this DLC. There will be nothing of real value to be had in this short, cash grab attempt, sorry excuse of a DLC. The endgame has officially become the spendgame. Spend money on Eververse and get all that snazzy looking loot today!

Bungie has sold their fucking souls to the Devil, and it is becoming more and more apparent with each passing day.

Basically anything relating to this DLC on the internet right now is nothing more than a raging dumpster fire. Bungie continues to piss off more and more of their playerbase with each new stream, twitter comment, and content release. Even the diehard Destiny streamers and content creators who make their living off of playing this franchise are finally becoming fed up with the nonsense and bullshit and are starting to openly bash Bungie and call them out on their fucking idiocy. Datto, Gothalion, and Skillup are calling Bungie out on Twitter. Lumi has already stated that he's officially quitting Destiny for good on his stream. Several other streamers/content creators are openly voicing their concerns and disgust with Bungie. There are still a few holdout shills who continue to try and act like nothing is wrong with the game and will insta-ban anyone on their stream chat who tries to say otherwise. But they are becoming fewer and farther between.

Bungie needs a major change in both leadership and direction to get this fucking franchise back on track. And they can start with firing Luke Smith and his smug, fat ass. Otherwise they are going to kill this game faster than any other competing game possibly could.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-12-07 at 12:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So whats this BS I am hearing that if you didnt get the season pass or the current DLC, that you lose content you had access to?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So whats this BS I am hearing that if you didnt get the season pass or the current DLC, that you lose content you had access to?
    You lose access to the Prestige Nightfall, the Prestige Raid content, and supposedly Trails of the Nine as well. Which means you cannot even earn the achievements for those activities anymore unless you cough up the money to buy the DLC and unlock them again.

There was a post on the Destiny subreddit that was informing people that they could ask Sony/Microsoft for a full refund of the game if they hadn't bought the DLC yet, because I guess it's a violation of their online service terms. If you paid for a product but then have something from that product taken away from you and the only way you can get it again is to pay more money for it then that is considered a breach of their terms and you're entitled to get your money back. So since you can't earn the achievements that were originally available with the Vanilla D2 release, Sony/MS is considering that as Bungie screwing you over to try and get more money out of you. Several people have already claimed and shown proof that they've received refunds for this.

However, I guess MS at least (not sure about Sony) has now stopped the refunds (at least for the time being) until something more concrete can be established with the situation.

I say, let anyone who wants the refund in this situation have it. Rub some dirt in Bungie/Activision's eye and make them sit up and take notice.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-12-07 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You lose access to the Prestige Nightfall, the Prestige Raid content, and supposedly Trails of the Nine as well. Which means you cannot even earn the achievements for those activities anymore unless you cough up the money to buy the DLC and unlock them again.

There was a post on the Destiny subreddit that was informing people that they could ask Sony/Microsoft for a full refund of the game if they hadn't bought the DLC yet, because I guess it's a violation of their online service terms. If you paid for a product but then have something from that product taken away from you and the only way you can get it again is to pay more money for it then that is considered a breach of their terms and you're entitled to get your money back. So since you can't earn the achievements that were originally available with the Vanilla D2 release, Sony/MS is considering that as Bungie screwing you over to try and get more money out of you. Several people have already claimed and shown proof that they've received refunds for this.

However, I guess MS at least (not sure about Sony) has now stopped the refunds (at least for the time being) until something more concrete can be established with the situation.

I say, let anyone who wants the refund in this situation have it. Rub some dirt in Bungie/Activision's eye and make them sit up and take notice.
    Well thats complete horse shit. I assume once a response by Acti/Blizz is out, MS/Sony will react accordingly. But thats an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well thats complete horse shit. I assume once a response by Acti/Blizz is out, MS/Sony will react accordingly. But thats an assumption.
    Oh I'm sure Bungie will tweak something so that they are no longer in violation with Sony/MS's terms. Either that or they'll just say something to Sony/MS to get them to change their minds and just leave everything in-game as is. After all, they gotta keep raking in that money for their Activision overlords!