Hurm. So 3 dawning items i broke down gave legendary shards and glimmer, not bright dust. That could mean you are intended to buy luminary engrams only to dust stuff to get dawning gear or just buy dawning engrams. I hope thats not right because that might be my tipping point of greasy in a buy to play game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Hurm. So 3 dawning items i broke down gave legendary shards and glimmer, not bright dust. That could mean you are intended to buy luminary engrams only to dust stuff to get dawning gear or just buy dawning engrams. I hope thats not right because that might be my tipping point of greasy in a buy to play game.
    Sounds like Bungie.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. Just great.

Well hopefully I can get at least 2 pieces from the engrams.

Remember when bungie wasn't sleazy money grubbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Great. Just great.

Kinda funny: critisim, play game, critism. Well you could stop playing the game and show Bungie what you think of the state of the game. Empty game and no DLC purchases are literally the only things that will change their minds. Complaining and still playing will achieve nothing at all. They are in fact spitting you in the face on a daily or at least weekly basis now.

Hopefully at least some people will show spine. Numbers would be nice but of because we wont be getting these.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Kinda funny: critisim, play game, critism. Well you could stop playing the game and show Bungie what you think of the state of the game. Empty game and no DLC purchases are literally the only things that will change their minds. Complaining and still playing will achieve nothing at all. They are in fact spitting you in the face on a daily or at least weekly basis now.

Hopefully at least some people will show spine. Numbers would be nice but of because we wont be getting these.
    You do understand, tough internet warrior, that Destiny 2 is buy to play? So quiting means nothing in your example because they already have your money.

10+ Year Old Account

I already got both the game and season pass (both on sale too!)

Whether I quit or not doesn't affect them considering I will not spend on microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You do understand, tough internet warrior, that Destiny 2 is buy to play? So quiting means nothing in your example because they already have your money.
    Playing through all their bullshit plays into their hands. They will use active player figures to justify that their dicisions cannot be that bad because people are still there who could and will buy further DLC. Managers love this bullshit. Further more a completely empty game would allow even more pressure from the media site which is like the only thing we can hope for. They will not change anything for the sake of the players, only for the money.

One last thing, calling others internet warrior only makes you look like a total retard.

I already got both the game and season pass (both on sale too!)
    Good for Bungie. The game will surely change.

Great. Just great.

Well I find it funny that they left Microsoft to then go to activision.....I would take MS 10/10 times over activision if I was a developer.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you such an intellectual coward that you have to cut off half the respond to avoid addressing the point?

Your childish pouting and feet stamping at Bungie isn't helping anything, nor is your ineffectual "solution".

Playing through all their bullshit plays into their hands. They will use active player figures to justify that their dicisions cannot be that bad because people are still there who could and will buy further DLC. Managers love this bullshit. Further more a completely empty game would allow even more pressure from the media site which is like the only thing we can hope for. They will not change anything for the sake of the players, only for the money.

One last thing, calling others internet warrior only makes you look like a total retard.

But i dont care. Im not interested into making the game better. I moved on.

Bungie is addressing everyone EXCEPT eververse which is actually the biggest contributor to how shit the game is right now. Until loot that belongs in the base game gets put there and removed from loot boxes, the grind for gear will remain ridiculously unsatisfying.

Ships, ghosts and sparrows NEED to be obtainable outside of loot boxes, especially the exotic versions need to belong to prestige modes and trials of the nine.

Unique gear from eververse is completely fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Bungie is addressing everyone EXCEPT eververse which is actually the biggest contributor to how shit the game is right now. Until loot that belongs in the base game gets put there and removed from loot boxes, the grind for gear will remain ridiculously unsatisfying.

Ships, ghosts and sparrows NEED to be obtainable outside of loot boxes, especially the exotic versions need to belong to prestige modes and trials of the nine.

Unique gear from eververse is completely fine.
    Well after Activision made a cool 1 billion from whales buying overwatch lootboxes in the thousands thats sadly never going to happen. The spendgame is going to be the norm for activision titles until they crash.

Well after Activision made a cool 1 billion from whales buying overwatch lootboxes in the thousands thats sadly never going to happen. The spendgame is going to be the norm for activision titles until they crash.
    Not sure where you're getting that figure from. Activision blizzard gets a pretty small portion of their gross revenue from micro transactions compared to game sales. It's nothing compared to what EA gets and they're the only ones that ever broke a billion from micro transactions. Do correct me if I'm wrong but that's my understanding from some YouTube vids and googling.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I don't know of any games that actually release drop rates.
    For Blizzard I think only mounts that have had their drop rate gutted have been reported although those numbers was largely known from player feedback to places like wowhead.

Warframe is the few that has released numbers that I can think of. Though I think a good point of which is to gain more trust as a fair F2W game with P2W elements.

I had a good laugh at comments in the subreddit saying most good RPG give all the numbers to players.

Oh man, was stoked the first thing I got on my titan logging in was the chest, which I wanted...and then I looked at the states and fuck those wasted points in mobility.

Guess I won't be using the awesome looking armors if they're going to be mobility focused. /sigh : /

...and do engrams not reward shaders/mods anymore, or something? >.> Just opened a few legendaries that I had from the other day and literally one item only per...

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bungie.net/en-US/Forums/...?sort=0&page=0

Masterwork Armor
    • We have begun plans to add Masterworks to Armor as well.
    • The Armor bonuses will be more modest than the Orb generation on Weapons (in part because you have five equipped at once), but at minimum we want to provide a much requested mechanism to change the Armor stat type.

I actually have a problem with this. I understand that it will offer players more flexibility, however there is a point where more flexibility turns armor purely into a cosmetic option, rather than a power option, which can easily cause boredom and a lack of sense of accomplishment or success when you get that armor piece.

Currently, armor is nearly 100% cosmetic. There are pieces which lean more towards one stat or the other, with the current option to tweak and move around the stats. If this goes further into turning a mobility based piece of armor into a purely resilience/recovery, then stats begin to be far more meta/streamlined to the point of it not mattering what stats the armor has because it can changed to exactly what you want.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Sounds like a better option than all of the agility armor being ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Sounds like a better option than all of the agility armor being ignored.
    That's sort what I mean though. Since Mobility is mostly ignored, why not just remove it or buff it? With this, it further allows people to ignore it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That's sort what I mean though. Since Mobility is mostly ignored, why not just remove it or buff it? With this, it further allows people to ignore it.
    I gotcha now. Yea, I wish the stats weren't even assigned on armor like that. I'd rather have it like it was in D1, where you could change it around whenever you wanted or just set your stats where you wanted and leave it without worrying about a piece of armor changing something. As it is now I don't like to get below 4 resilience and 9 (or 8) recovery. I think if even mobility was buffed I wouldn't change that, but I might if it effected something like reload speed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    https://www.bungie.net/en-US/Forums/...?sort=0&page=0

Masterwork Armor
    • We have begun plans to add Masterworks to Armor as well.
    • The Armor bonuses will be more modest than the Orb generation on Weapons (in part because you have five equipped at once), but at minimum we want to provide a much requested mechanism to change the Armor stat type.

I actually have a problem with this. I understand that it will offer players more flexibility, however there is a point where more flexibility turns armor purely into a cosmetic option, rather than a power option, which can easily cause boredom and a lack of sense of accomplishment or success when you get that armor piece.

Currently, armor is nearly 100% cosmetic. There are pieces which lean more towards one stat or the other, with the current option to tweak and move around the stats. If this goes further into turning a mobility based piece of armor into a purely resilience/recovery, then stats begin to be far more meta/streamlined to the point of it not mattering what stats the armor has because it can changed to exactly what you want.
    I'm not a big fan of them seeming to steer everything just towards orb generation (much rather they do so with cooldowns overall since many are long as hell), but I'm a big fan of this.

It's supremely frustrating to get sweet looking armor (like the armor for the event right now) with heavy mobility, which makes it largely useless for most play since mobility is a fucking useless stat. I'd much rather armor be purely cosmetic if they're going to leave the stats so completely bland and with a stat like mobility that's so supremely useless in the overwhelming majority of scenarios.

Though I'm not a terribly big fan of how masterwork upgrades are handled now, though that may be due to me not having much motivation to log in and play so I'm not really getting much loot to use for masterwork upgrade fodder etc.