The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A quick reminder.

If you think the game is bad but the developer does nothing to fix all the issues you are seeing then maybe, JUST MAYBE, you are THAT VOCAL MINORITY?

These big studios are NOT stupid, most of the time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

People still have faith in businesses? Do people think they are your friend or something.....

Obligatory BP oil spill pic

if you're wondering why im talking about the BP oil spill in a destiny 2 thread then I hope this picture accurately sums up my feelings on the heaping dump of soiled matter that is destiny2/ big corporations as a whole (pssst they only care about money)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    People still have faith in businesses? Do people think they are your friend or something.....

Obligatory BP oil spill pic

if you're wondering why im talking about the BP oil spill and destiny 2 then I hope this picture accurately sums up on feelings on destiny2/ big corporations as a whole (pssst they only care about money)
    All that is completely irrelevant, considering no one stopped giving BP the monies for their oil/gas.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

A quick reminder.

If you think the game is bad but the developer does nothing to fix all the issues you are seeing then maybe, JUST MAYBE, you are THAT VOCAL MINORITY?

The vocal minorities bullshit is why we ended up with current ability regen rates, state of crucible, weapon set up and removal xp being required to level up gear.

- - - Updated - - -

A quick reminder.

The vocal minorities bullshit is why we ended up with current ability regen rates, state of crucible, weapon set up and removal xp being required to level up gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

All that is completely irrelevant, considering no one stopped giving BP the monies for their oil/gas.
    People boycotted them until it was inconvenient to do so or they forgot. BP has the advantage of selling oil though a valuable resource. Bungie and their PoS first person shooters aint got shit once bad word of mouth took the internet by storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Apparently the majority of players have no big issues with that.
    People boycotted them until it was inconvenient to do so or they forgot. BP has the advantage of selling oil though a valuable resource. Bungie and their PoS first person shooters aint got shit once bad word of mouth took the internet by storm.
    And people were very disappointed by Destiny 1 situation. But then they bought Destiny 2. Most of them will buy Destiny 3 and all the DLC for Destiny 2 that will "improve" the game "significantly".

Bungie is not operating on "Great game loved by everyone" basis. They operate on "OK enough game to generate sales" basis. Because the former is impossible.

Apparently the majority of players have no big issues with that.

And people were very disappointed by Destiny 1 situation. But then they bought Destiny 2. Most of them will buy Destiny 3 and all the DLC for Destiny 2 that will "improve" the game "significantly".

Bungie is not operating on "Great game loved by everyone" basis. They operate on "OK enough game to generate sales" basis. Because the former is impossible.
    The old fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....ring a bell?

Customers have limits to being abused, and a lot of destiny support was carried over from the very loved halo franchise. That dont hold no weight anymore burning people this much.

And Halo 1 managed to fall into the Great game loved by everyone basis

10+ Year Old Account
    The old fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....ring a bell?
    It doesn't. Otherwise, there wouldn't even be such a saying.
    Customers have limits to being abused, and a lot of destiny support was carried over from the very loved halo franchise. That dont hold no weight anymore burning people this much.
    Customers have DIFFERENT limits. New customers are also flocking in to repalce those with poor limits.
    That's how business operates.
    Again if company does nothing to address the "issues", most of the time it jsut means that theya are doing just fine.
    And Halo 1 managed to fall into the Great game loved by everyone basis
    What's Halo 1 in 2018? Nothing.

It doesn't. Otherwise, there wouldn't even be such a saying.

Customers have DIFFERENT limits. New customers are also flocking in to repalce those with poor limits.
    That's how business operates.
    Again if company does nothing to address the "issues", most of the time it jsut means that theya are doing just fine.

What's Halo 1 in 2018? Nothing.
    You're saying people dont give things a 2nd chance? Clearly they do. You are less likely to get a 3rd or 4th chance however. Its a common saying for a reason.

Yeah sure you can treat your customers like a revolving door, that might work for some businesses. But is it going to work in the gaming industry? Which is quite volatile with a reasonably clued up market - People normally do a bit of research when buying a brand new $100 game. I dont think it would work. The amount of games/companies that have failed on one bad game alone is quite high.

And Halo 1 is never nothing in the memories of some. I dont see how the year matters at all, the game covered its costs and went on to make millions more and create a fanbase to exploit with cash grabs like destiny 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're saying people dont give things a 2nd chance? Clearly they do. You are less likely to get a 3rd or 4th chance however. Its a common saying for a reason.
    it's common for a reason, that reason being how common it is for people to give 10 chances to people who abuse them.
    Yeah sure you can treat your customers like a revolving door, that might work for some businesses. But is it going to work in the gaming industry?
    It's been working all this time since the birth of gaming industry. No reason to stop.
    Which is quite volatile with a reasonably clued up market - People normally do a bit of research when buying a brand new $100 game.
    You'd be surprised to learn how deep that research is not.
    I dont think it would work. The amount of games/companies that have failed on one bad game alone is quite high.
    But We are not talking about bad games. We are talking about good games like Destiny 2. That hooks you with graphics and fluid gameplay and then spitroasts you with end game pointless grind.
    And Halo 1 is never nothing in the memories of some.
    Memories are nothing when we are talking about present and the future.
    Just because you think halo 1 was a great game - it still has no relevance to the state of affairs in 2018. It wasn't even the same Bungie back then. You do realize that right?
    I dont see how the year matters at all, the game covered its costs and went on to make millions more and create a fanbase to exploit with cash grabs like destiny 2.
    What do you think the plan was when Destiny 1 was pitched? To cash in on the Halo playerbase. And that they are doing just FINE. Twice in a row. Third in the works.

snip
    Not at the rate they are losing customers/sales

"U.S. physical game sales of "Destiny 2" declined more than 50 percent in the month of September versus the 2014 release of "Destiny," according to NPD sell-through data sourced by three Wall Street analyst reports."

With that kinda strike rate they might just break even on number 3 yet

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/acti...-original.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at the rate they are losing customers/sales

"U.S. physical game sales of "Destiny 2" declined more than 50 percent in the month of September versus the 2014 release of "Destiny," according to NPD sell-through data sourced by three Wall Street analyst reports."

With that kinda strike rate they might just break even on number 3 yet
    Just stop right there. You cannot compare those numbers. Destiny 1 had no PC release and Destiny 2 PC release was delayed.

All you need to know is: Bungie/Activision have all the right metrics and sales numbers. Now see how they are addressing issues. Don't assume stupidity. Then you will get your answer.

Just stop right there. You cannot compare those numbers. Destiny 1 had no PC release and Destiny 2 PC release was delayed.

All you need to know is: Bungie/Activision have all the right metrics and sales numbers. Now see how they are addressing issues. Don't assume stupidity. Then you will get your answer.
    Ohok, well good to know they're on the case! Its not like they have been releasing cryptic messages on twitter about how they are listening or anything. I'm sure people will wait around for them to get it right I can rest easy now knowing the bungie/activision team is on the job! Destiny 2 will be great! Soon! TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohok, well good to know they're on the case! Its not like they have been releasing cryptic messages on twitter about how they are listening or anything. I'm sure people will wait around for them to get it right I can rest easy now knowing the bungie/activision team is on the job! Destiny 2 will be great! Soon! TM
    Oh you should screenshot this post of yours. Look at it on Destiny 3 release day.

Oh you should screenshot this post of yours. Look at it on Destiny 3 release day.
    Destiny 2 put me off activision so much I even stopped playing WoW. I wont be in that group sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny 2 put me off activision so much I even stopped playing WoW. I wont be in that group sorry.
    This was never about you.

Right, the dissatisfied players are in the minority, absolutely right:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...und_400000_in/
    https://gameplaying.info/according-t...ctive-players/

There are way more sources than that, but why bother you wont accept this anyway. How did Bungo react to these findings? They removed the daily Destiny population statistics: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ation_removed/

Everyone knows that you are not a man of facts or discussion so just say what kind of facts you will acknowledge to stop spreading your bullshit. We at least have some figures unlike you with the baseless theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Right, the dissatisfied players are in the minority, absolutely right:
    Define dissatisfied? 12m sold copies. How many refunds? Is it the majority? I don't give a fuck about daily players in a premium non-subscription game.
    They've made Destiny 2 for casuals, casuals bought it, finished campaign and stopped playing it. 12M*60 = $720M. Not including DLC.
    Destiny 3 is in the works.

But go on bitch about declining playerbase. It is SO important to Bungie.

Define dissatisfied? 12m sold copies. How many refunds? Is it the majority? I don't give a fuck about daily players in a premium non-subscription game.
    They've made Destiny 2 for casuals, casuals bought it, finished campaign and stopped playing it. 12M*60 = $720M. Not including DLC.
    Destiny 3 is in the works.

But go on bitch about declining playerbase. It is SO important to Bungie.
    You just played yourself. Nobody said anything about copies sold, the measurement of dissatisfied players, which is the main topic here, is a declining playerbase. It is way higher than D1 and similar games, so it will have an impact on future DLC/Expansions as Destiny is what youngsters nowadays call "Game as a Service". The amount of copies sold is based on the success of Destiny 1 and false promises. Nothing you said in this thread holds any ground, want to continue to embarrass yourself? Jeah you obviously will as you always do. Typical troll agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    You just played yourself. Nobody said anything about copies sold
    I did say something about it. Those casuals who stopped playing Destiny 2 probably liked it and will buy Destiny 3. Hence why I asked you to define dissatisfied. All you have is a decline in DAU, inevitable I might add. You must prove it is purely due to dissatisfaction, after you define what it is.