10+ Year Old Account
    “The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
    ― Steven Erikson, Deadhouse Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Well The Division also suffered a serious drop-off in players in the first few weeks, but they managed to recover pretty well - although be it that it took them some time to turn the game around. They pushed back their entire roadmap to fix their game and player numbers started increasing again.
    And they announced the Division 2, which means "no more stuff for the old game". WHich imho is completely bogus and just a move to make the sequel sell without any guarantee it doesn't go as the first chapter and another Destiny 2 situation comes out.

Yes, they did good. But then why dropping it at this point if not to make money out of the sequel.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Destiny 1 is one of the best games I've ever played on console. I loved everyting about it pre rise of iron. It was so good, especially the dark below DLC.. Man do I miss that game. I had high hopes for Destiny 2 but they managed to take a game which they've really worked hard on to improve over the years (Destiny 1) and fucking butchered it into a hollow, half-arsed Shell. They actually managed to make the sequel launch with LESS content and incentive to play than their first game. How is that even possible when you have such a good platform to start off from?

Also never forgetti exotics being exotic. I will never forget when I got Ghorn from a fucking purple engram! And full super-builds.. So much fun with stuff like bad juju.. Now the game is just.. shit

starting to think some bungie employees have infiltrated this thread haha

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    starting to think some bungie employees have infiltrated this thread haha
    To be fair for the most part it's literally 1 guy.

Others have admitted the game isn't flawless and have proven they are capable of somewhat reasonable discussion.

It's a common thing on here. Just look at some other game threads. There will always be people acting like the game is the greatest thing ever and saying anything remotely critical makes you a blind hater and all that rubbish.

Me personally I just block em and move on. It's essentially like talking to a brick wall and gets you nowhere.

Whoever thought of the heroic affixes should be killed. This week has enemy melee abilities are fatal, aka they one shot you. Just spent an hour trying to kill the last boss in that underground area, where he goes immune and summons the crystals. So many enemies, just one shotting you all over.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Whoever thought of the heroic affixes should be killed. This week has enemy melee abilities are fatal, aka they one shot you. Just spent an hour trying to kill the last boss in that underground area, where he goes immune and summons the crystals. So many enemies, just one shotting you all over.
    Yup. There is a pretty big chunk of folks that like them, but it seems that the majority (or at least plurality) of folks aren't a big fan.

It blows my mind how they could have fucked up modifiers given how good they apparently were in Destiny 1.

Oh well, on the bright side today's update had some decent shit. A few exotic armors for each class got updated, bunch of bug fixes and PvP Labs!

Actually, forget that last bit. They didn't release PvP Labs at all despite the roadmap saying they would. Instead we're hearing about the faction rally changes on Thursday (which we knew about beforehand) and the PvP Labs...at some point eventually that they still aren't saying. Because apparently we're still fucking up basic communications on a regular basis : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yup. There is a pretty big chunk of folks that like them, but it seems that the majority (or at least plurality) of folks aren't a big fan.

It blows my mind how they could have fucked up modifiers given how good they apparently were in Destiny 1.

Oh well, on the bright side today's update had some decent shit. A few exotic armors for each class got updated, bunch of bug fixes and PvP Labs!

Actually, forget that last bit. They didn't release PvP Labs at all despite the roadmap saying they would. Instead we're hearing about the faction rally changes on Thursday (which we knew about beforehand) and the PvP Labs...at some point eventually that they still aren't saying. Because apparently we're still fucking up basic communications on a regular basis : /
    Yeah just finished up Warmind and quite frankly so underwhelmed I uninstalled it.

Their garbage tier roadmap is just the icing on the cake.

Nice 50-60GB saved on PS4 there. Probably throw a couple of online games I've been looking at that add upto the space combined personally that seem worth the investment.

Also that one shot modifier. Why? How the hell does that help classes like Arcstrider which have a Super that is literally about Melee?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-30 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

No Destiny 1 could have some pretty crappy affix combinations as well. As for the PvP lab, it's just been added to the game but it will only be active when they actually have something to test.

Heroic Strikes only having a 25% chance of dropping an upgrade up to 360 power level simply isn’t enough. It’s a bandaid fix that still doesn’t do enough. There is no reason why Heroic Strikes shouldn’t be a constant and consistent source of upgrading gear until a 360 cap. As in, every strike gives you gear that you could potentially use as an upgrade until hitting a cap of 360. Especially when all other activities at endgame outside of heroic strikes recommend power levels of 370+ (with later waves of escalation protocol requiring 380+).

They’ve left this huge power gap between the end of the story and the beginning of anything meaningful at endgame. Forcing people to grind week after week before allowing them to even effectively try the biggest and most hyped parts of the expansion is stupidity beyond reasoning. Forced and artificial timegates/grinding is not the way to keep people around. I thought they had learned this shit from D1 but apparently not.

Bungie dropped the ball hard on power level curve in this expansion and they are still seemingly clueless on what needs to be done even though the community is literally spelling it out for them.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-05-30 at 01:05 AM.

It seems year 2 might be bringing us back to the reef. Hopefully there will be a patrol zone this time around because that was a really cool looking area. Year 2 reveal stream on Tuesday as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I now have a Titan at 30/341, a Hunter at 30/341, and a Warlock at 30/305. I have burned so much time in this game that I have to stop myself from playing it because I don't get anything else done. I went to work one day wearing dirty clothes because I stayed up all night playing Destiny 2 rather than doing my laundry. It isn't even that I'm addicted to it, I don't care if I play it or not, I don't feel the need to play it constantly, it's the fact that if I DO sign in, suddenly 6+ hours just disappear.

There are still tons of things I want to do. I can't do raids because LFR doesn't exist and my friend and I aren't a large enough group. I want to see what this whole Trials of the Nine thing is about. We still haven't been able to complete a Nightfall with just the two of us at 340. I have, for the most part, gathered up the armor sets I want to wear on each character, but I'm still after weapons and at least one or two exotic pieces. I also haven't settled on what types of weapons I want to run on each char.

As it stands, we just sign on, run a ton of Pubs, the occasional strike or three, and rare occasions we hop into PvP and get stomped. I AM disappointed that Heroic Strikes require such a high power level but drop worthless gear at the end. That doesn't make any sense. I'm also annoyed at the lack of a kick option, on more than one occasion we've run across a random in Strikes that just runs into a wall or dies and goes through the whole Strike without doing a damned thing. We've tried reporting them and blocking them but we still end up with them in our groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I AM disappointed that Heroic Strikes require such a high power level but drop worthless gear at the end. That doesn't make any sense.
    Well they did recently patch Heroic Strikes to have a 25% chance of dropping a 360 engram. Not a perfect solution but it's something.

Those affixes...they were successfully removing any motivation left to try to increase my power level. It got worse from week to week, but that one-shot melee affix is the final nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Those affixes...they were successfully removing any motivation left to try to increase my power level. It got worse from week to week, but that one-shot melee affix is the final nail in the coffin.
    Yeah it's a shitty affix and the dev who thought of it clearly hasn't even played the game.

This literally kills being able to use Arcstriders Super if it can oneshot through them that is.

How anyone can see a game like destiny and thing 'what if enemies 1 shot?' and think that is a mechanic worth exploring is mind boggling to me.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    So my friend and I have been stepping up our game and doing Nightfalls and Heroic Strikes. We're both 344 and we're getting our asses handed to us. The disparity between the softcap of 340 and the recommended level of 350 is fucking ridiculous. The fact that nothing drops anything between 340-350 is a huge lack of insight on Bungie's part. I don't care if like 360-380 requires raids, that's fine. But Heroics req 350 makes absolutely no sense, since they don't even drop gear that level. Sure, you have a 25% chance of getting something that caps at 360 - out of the 14 runs we did today, we both got ONE, and it wasn't even a useful one either - but it's literally about the only source of such things outside of doing milestones, which you can only do on ONE character per WEEK. This game punishes you for having alts.

Everyone's complaining about the end game because it's boring or whatever, I'm complaining because I can't even freaking do it because the power requirements can't be reached without being able to do them in the first fucking place.

I did finally notice the Boon medallion thing from the Vanguard vendor. It normally gives you an item that cracks for 5 vanguard tokens, which makes ranking up really fast, but we had it on at least 2 occasions give us exotic items. Just shard fodder for the most part, but that was pretty cool. Unless of course those came from another medallion someone else used that I don't know about. Still though, 5 tokens is a quarter of a rank in Vanguard, plus the 4-5 you get from completing a strike (normal strikes at least), I went from rank 1 to 7 tonight just cranking out normal strikes.

On a side note, I do find it extremely ironic that the rank 50 Vanguard reward is a ship that looks like the one you are given at the start of Destiny 1.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    So my friend and I have been stepping up our game and doing Nightfalls and Heroic Strikes. We're both 344 and we're getting our asses handed to us. The disparity between the softcap of 340 and the recommended level of 350 is fucking ridiculous. The fact that nothing drops anything between 340-350 is a huge lack of insight on Bungie's part. I don't care if like 360-380 requires raids, that's fine. But Heroics req 350 makes absolutely no sense, since they don't even drop gear that level. Sure, you have a 25% chance of getting something that caps at 360 - out of the 14 runs we did today, we both got ONE, and it wasn't even a useful one either - but it's literally about the only source of such things outside of doing milestones, which you can only do on ONE character per WEEK. This game punishes you for having alts.

Everyone's complaining about the end game because it's boring or whatever, I'm complaining because I can't even freaking do it because the power requirements can't be reached without being able to do them in the first fucking place.

I did finally notice the Boon medallion thing from the Vanguard vendor. It normally gives you an item that cracks for 5 vanguard tokens, which makes ranking up really fast, but we had it on at least 2 occasions give us exotic items. Just shard fodder for the most part, but that was pretty cool. Unless of course those came from another medallion someone else used that I don't know about. Still though, 5 tokens is a quarter of a rank in Vanguard, plus the 4-5 you get from completing a strike (normal strikes at least), I went from rank 1 to 7 tonight just cranking out normal strikes.

On a side note, I do find it extremely ironic that the rank 50 Vanguard reward is a ship that looks like the one you are given at the start of Destiny 1.
    You’re now at the part of Warmind that has been pissing a lot of people off since it launched. That area between 340 and 370 where the upgrades become few and far between, the grind really starts to set in, and people start to get bored/annoyed with there really being nothing worthwhile to do while waiting to grind your power level high enough to effectively do endgame content.

Bungie once again made changes to the power curve that force people into a timegated and artificial grind for no other reason than to try and make people log in week after week for their milestones and upgrades. They never learn apparently. Because this way people just get bored and tired of waiting on the next reset and say “fuck it” and leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How anyone can see a game like destiny and thing 'what if enemies 1 shot?' and think that is a mechanic worth exploring is mind boggling to me.
    This game is full of bullshit mechanics. The absolute nonsense they use to make things more difficult or just flat out annoying is really starting to grate on my nerves. Almost EVERY BOSS in Nightfalls, Strikes and Heroic Strikes has some bullshit mechanic that prevents you from being able to damage them. Putting up impenetrable barriers, or just flat out being immune to damage for absolutely no reason. They don't have mechanics that make them actually difficult, all of the fights are easy to figure out and aren't really much of a threat, but you are artificially gated on taking the boss down because oh look he's invincible again.

I think about the only Strike boss I actually enjoy fighting is the huge fucking worm god from Warmind. As long as he's on screen you can damage him. And the times you can't, it actually makes sense - he has dropped below the platform you're on, getting ready to pop back up and fuck up a couple people who can't get out of the way fast enough.

The rest of them have a preset HP limit that, once they reach it, they go immune to all damage and perform some move. One guy teleports to the opposite side of the map and erects a barrier. Another drops the floor out from under you. Another flees and a bunch of trash comes in. The mechanics are fine, but the fact that they just stand there shooting at you for a few seconds, or finish up an animation, or stomp the fuck out of someone who got too close, and all the while YOU CAN'T DAMAGE THEM, is complete and utter bullshit. When phases get triggered in WoW, for the most part anyway, you can continue to damage the boss the whole time. I'm sure there are raid fights or something that I haven't done or can't remember where the boss becomes inaccessible during a phase transition. But they aren't still there fighting you as normal while you can't hurt them.

- - - Updated - - -

UGH I am so fucking pissed off right now!

My friend and I just attempted a Heroic Strike. The Inverted Spire. Picked up a random person for our 3rd. We absolutely BLITZED the whole fucking strike, nobody died. Got to the boss, got to third phase, got him down to just a sliver of health...and then we wiped. Ok, whatever, we start over. This time we wipe on the first goddamn phase. So many Harpies that we all just drop. Third time we die in second phase, the third player leaves. We get a new player. We made it to the third phase two more fucking times, and both times we wipe on the final wave of mobs that spawn. Apparently morons can't figure out that they explode when you kill them and can't get away from them. At this point my friend and I are just exploding in whispers, this is getting so fucking ridiculous. So we try again and fucking wipe in the first goddamned phase again!

I swear to fucking god these places get harder the more times you attempt them. Each time we started over I made sure we were doing our best to clear out the Harpies in the first phase, and occasionally hitting the boss as needed. We'd get down to like 1-2 Harpies, then like 10 fucking more just spawn and all of a sudden we're dead. If we can get past the first phase, the second phase where the floor heats up seems to be an issue for some people. There are safe zones to stand, or just jump high enough and you don't get burned. Apparently dying to it three times isn't enough to learn. So my friend and I would just burn our Supers to get the phase over fast.

That last phase though, both of the other players we randomly picked up would just focus fire on the boss and the adds would kill them. We've got our hands full with adds so we can't res him, then one of us goes down and the other follows shortly. Or even sometimes my fucking friend would pull that bullshit, I guess thinking if we kill the boss quickly the adds won't be an issue.

I really feel like Heroics are either overtuned or they seriously need to give us a better way of getting better gear. We're both sitting at 345, Heroics recommend 350. The rest of the strike itself was actually a cake walk this time, but with the boss it's like one wrong step and that's a wipe. I would expect that sort of thing in a raid, not in a freaking 3 man instance. With 6 people you have room for 2 idiots...in a 3 man heroic, you have zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday it crossed my mind to install D2 again after I uninstalled back in November, but reading through the last couple of pages here makes me believe I don't want to haha.