10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Yesterday it crossed my mind to install D2 again after I uninstalled back in November, but reading through the last couple of pages here makes me believe I don't want to haha.
    Don't get me wrong, I might be complaining and whining here a lot, but I I'm still hooked on it. It's just fun to bounce around doing pubs and sharding useless purps and occasionally rocking Normal Strikes even though all we get from them are Vanguard tokens to turn in. It sucks that I can't get any item upgrades doing what I have fun, but the fun I have outweighs it.

I've been trying for a week to get a specific purp chest for my lock. Day after day, night after night, never got it out of like 50+ purp engrams. Finally Saturday morning I got it! Woo hoo! ...and then proceeded to get TEN MORE throughout the day. WTF RNG, WTF.

As far as armor goes, I just need to get Nezarec's Sin to complete my set. I'm sitting at 1/6/10 (I was 2/5/10 but accidentally rerolled the stats on my armor) and having fun. I only have one of my weapons that I want, have it masterworked already - Nameless Midnight - but I still haven't settled on a Power or Energy weapon yet. Although I did pick up a random Auto Rifle for my E weapon that has 53 rounds in it, rather enjoying that. Might send it over to my Hunter though.

I WAS gonna go with the MIDA combo, but I'm already doing that on my Titan for the moment (can't settle on ANY weapons for him yet). I would optimally like to have different weapons on each class, weapons that might complement the class playstyle, or at least are different from what I have on the others. It's boring to have the same weapon setup on three different chars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Yesterday it crossed my mind to install D2 again after I uninstalled back in November, but reading through the last couple of pages here makes me believe I don't want to haha.
    Your decision at the end of the day.

I personally just uninstalled it a while ago. Warmind was nothing special. Decided to throw Tera on my PS4 to replace it. Along with Dirt Rally since I like those kinds of games.

Bored of Bungie and their BS now. Not to mention their mediocre "roadmaps" that don't fix the biggest issues.

And sad part is people will fall for it with Destiny 3 when it happens.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-04 at 09:31 AM.

the traveller is alive, theres a giant army of darkness illuminati triangles coming to earth.....LETS MAKE AN EXPANSION ABOUT THE FALLEN!...so we don't have to make anymore enemy varients! and not progress the story until d3!......PERFECT!

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    the traveller is alive, theres a giant army of darkness illuminati triangles coming to earth.....LETS MAKE AN EXPANSION ABOUT THE FALLEN!...so we don't have to make anymore enemy varients! and not progress the story until d3!......PERFECT!
    They are definitely progressing the story, everything that is happening in the DLC's are a direct consequence of the Traveler waking up. The burst of light giving the Vex the data they need to fulfill their plans and melting the ice on Mars allowing Rasputin to become active again.

Tomorrow is the year 2 reveal stream so hopefully they got some interesting stuff to talk about since I imagine they are saving major reveals for E3. At the very least I imagine that new game mode won't be talked about until E3.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    They are definitely progressing the story, everything that is happening in the DLC's are a direct consequence of the Traveler waking up. The burst of light giving the Vex the data they need to fulfill their plans and melting the ice on Mars allowing Rasputin to become active again.

Tomorrow is the year 2 reveal stream so hopefully they got some interesting stuff to talk about since I imagine they are saving major reveals for E3. At the very least I imagine that new game mode won't be talked about until E3.
    No, the ice melted at the Martian polar cap because Rasputin started hitting it with Warsats to melt it. Not because of the Traveler’s light.

They will also talk about all the major points of the new expansion tomorrow and then most likely just go into more detail on them at E3. Like they’ve done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    No, the ice melted at the Martian polar cap because Rasputin started hitting it with Warsats to melt it. Not because of the Traveler’s light.

They will also talk about all the major points of the new expansion tomorrow and then most likely just go into more detail on them at E3. Like they’ve done before.
    Okay yeah you're right I suppose it's more accurate to say the burst of light woke Rasputin up.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/1/174...ase-investment

So we might as well talk about this. Bungie got a $100 million investment from a Chinese company called Netease. Netease seems to license some American games for China so they can sell there and run online. Like Minecraft and Overwatch. Destiny 2 may be coming to China as well but this investment may spell something else. Could Bungie be abandoning Destiny sooner than their 10 year plan and wanting to focus on something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

So we might as well talk about this. Bungie got a $100 million investment from a Chinese company called Netease. Netease seems to license some American games for China so they can sell there and run online. Like Minecraft and Overwatch. Destiny 2 may be coming to China as well but this investment may spell something else. Could Bungie be abandoning Destiny sooner than their 10 year plan and wanting to focus on something else?
    if they had any sort of business sense they would use it to make a game that doesn't have loot boxes or in game shops just to improve their street cred which has taken a nose dive with their past two attempts at destiny

There have been some rumours of Bungie defaulting the contract and handing production over to Vicarious Visions for Destiny 3 and this could be a sign of that, could also be a sign of trying to bring destiny to china which would be interesting what with the hive and chinas hard stance on undead in games. Could also be unrelated at all and it is just Bungie wanting to make a new ip of their own with no contracts.

Of course the issue then is can they stretch across two games when they already struggle to do in 6 months with D2 what other games with smaller dev teams do in months or weeks.

Okay yeah you're right I suppose it's more accurate to say the burst of light woke Rasputin up.
    Rasputin was already awake. We woke him up in D1.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it’s hilarious that they think they can ever attempt to do another IP at the same time as Destiny considering they’ve continually fucked up D2 since before it even released. Bungie literally only cares about $$$ at this point, their reputation be damned.

Once they started talking about the annual pass I couldn't listen anymore. This is just getting ridiculous, so now we have eververse, dlc, and an annual pass...It's basically $70 to continue playing when Forsaken comes out if you want access to everything in the game.

This is the game we should have had at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Once they started talking about the annual pass I couldn't listen anymore. This is just getting ridiculous, so now we have eververse, dlc, and an annual pass...It's basically $70 to continue playing when Forsaken comes out if you want access to everything in the game.
    Yeah this is fucking funny to watch.

I think it's safe to say I'm done with Bungie. They messed up Destiny and I have a feeling Halo is gonna suffer for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is the game we should have had at launch.
    Really?

I have a feeling it's just gonna be the same thing all over again.

Release it. Some minor hype the first 2 weeks then it dies off again as people realise that Bungie yet again messed it up.

I'm fine with an Annual pass, the biggest problem with Destiny 1 year 2 was a lack of content beyond taken king so this shows Destiny 2 year 2 won't have the same problem. Really exacted for this Xpac.

good god, that price tag is kinda nuts. am I wrong, or is annual pass is basically dlc pass ala Division's with some extras thrown in if you buy it as a path, rather then individual DLC's? in other words, you pretty much kinda need to buy it regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    good god, that price tag is kinda nuts. am I wrong, or is annual pass is basically dlc pass ala Division's with some extras thrown in if you buy it as a path, rather then individual DLC's? in other words, you pretty much kinda need to buy it regardless?
    From what I understand you will still be able to buy the DLC's individually like in year 1 so if you want to wait to jump on the DLC you can, no one will force you to get the Annual pass at launch. The main difference with these is that they won't waste time on a Campaign and instead focus on adding new gear and activities.

From what I understand you will still be able to buy the DLC's individually like in year 1 so if you want to wait to jump on the DLC you can, no one will force you to get the Annual pass at launch. The main difference with these is that they won't waste time on a Campaign and instead focus on adding new gear and activities.
    well I figured you can buy them individually. but it just sounds like if you buy a pass, you get extras on top of general DLC content. so if you plan to keep playing anyways, might as well just get a full pass :/

but seriously... that price tag..... guess if i AM buying it, going to wait for a sale. and I got all excited about bow weapons.... which incidentally. do you need to be a hunter to use, or any class can?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    well I figured you can buy them individually. but it just sounds like if you buy a pass, you get extras on top of general DLC content. so if you plan to keep playing anyways, might as well just get a full pass :/

but seriously... that price tag..... guess if i AM buying it, going to wait for a sale. and I got all excited about bow weapons.... which incidentally. do you need to be a hunter to use, or any class can?
    I love how people think they were ever focusing on a campaign in the DLC in the first place.

Curse of Osiris and Warmind were barely campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I love how people think they were ever focusing on a campaign in the DLC in the first place.

Curse of Osiris and Warmind were barely campaigns.
    But they did have them, those kinds of missions with fully voice acted cut scenes take a considerable amount of time and money to put together. But now that they are cutting that stuff out they can sell the DLC at a cheaper price and even bring out a third one.

But they did have them, those kinds of missions with fully voice acted cut scenes take a considerable amount of time and money to put together. But now that they are cutting that stuff out they can sell the DLC at a cheaper price and even bring out a third one.
    I can't imagine they take that long given that there's not much in the way of cutscenes and there's really not much dialogue. And they could cut costs considerably by not blowing money on A list celebrity talent and using the cheaper but still amazing voice actors like Nolan North (WHO STILL SUCKS BECAUSE GHOST IS THE WORST CHARACTER EVER).

They're just seemingly giving up on campaigns because people always shit on them for poor writing, their short length, narrative choices that make no gameplay sense etc.

But I'll believe their ability to deliver more content when I actually see it. We were supposed to see more content released quicker with Destiny 2 due to apparently promised engine upgrades, but we haven't seen much in the way of improvements compared to D1 so I continue to see no reason to take Bungie at their word.