God of War Ragnarok: Vahalla DLC (FREE)

Holy *BLEEP* and FREE & coming out 12/12/23?!?!?@?!?!?!

Hopefully this resolves the plot of a certain character from Ragnarok. If you know then you know

Edit: Blurb from Sony about the game...

“Embark with Kratos to Valhalla on a deeply personal and reflective journey towards a future he never thought possible,” Sony says in a press release for Valhalla. “Master challenges of mind and body on an unraveling adventure that blends the beloved combat from God of War Ragnarok with brand new elements inspired by the roguelite genre.”

Last edited by Redwyrm; 2023-12-08 at 11:04 AM.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

As over the moon excited I am about this I'm making sure to remind myself that it's a free DLC so it'll have minimal budgets.

I expect it to be a sort or GoW4 Muspelheim/Niflheim deal where dying isn't game over because it's Valhalla (referencing the part in the trailer where Kratos wakes up and Mimir goes "dw bro it's part of the process". I'm guessing that's what happens the first time you die there and it introduces you to how respawn works.)

As for the thing you're referencing for sure I want to but can't see it happening in a deserving way through a free DLC. One because it should be resolved in proper story beats, cinematics and production value imo, two because I don't see the connection between that character situation and Valhalla (unless they're pulling a new one about how Valhalla works which you know, I don't mind)

If it does get resolved here awesome. If not I'll throw money at whatever paid DLC does resolve it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad that Santa Monica Studios turned out to be one of the good guys.

I just hope that didn't postpone the next GOW game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    snip
    you might be right. I found the press release blurb from Sony and they mention "roguelike"
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    As over the moon excited I am about this I'm making sure to remind myself that it's a free DLC so it'll have minimal budgets.

I expect it to be a sort or GoW4 Muspelheim/Niflheim deal where dying isn't game over because it's Valhalla (referencing the part in the trailer where Kratos wakes up and Mimir goes "dw bro it's part of the process". I'm guessing that's what happens the first time you die there and it introduces you to how respawn works.)

As for the thing you're referencing for sure I want to but can't see it happening in a deserving way through a free DLC. One because it should be resolved in proper story beats, cinematics and production value imo, two because I don't see the connection between that character situation and Valhalla (unless they're pulling a new one about how Valhalla works which you know, I don't mind)

If it does get resolved here awesome. If not I'll throw money at whatever paid DLC does resolve it later.
    Yup, a roguelike is what it'll be.

But they have said it's also an epilogue and you will get some new story for Kratos after the events of Ragnarök.
    Apparently it will also deal with his past, and have a new bosses... which have me excited.

For a free DLC I'm pretty happy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found