I can't help but feel like these detracting posts are from people who don't even stop to think about their complaints.

- At length, they have addressed why they have not, and will not, implement a chat system in Destiny. You can cry and moan about being "forced" to LFG on an app or website all you want, but that's seriously a "first world problem" to cry about. Since the game's release, I joined one of THOUSANDS of Discord channels dedicated to helping people make/find groups for the Nightfall and the Raid. I literally open Discord, in that aforementioned channel, and I type "@everyone LFG for raid, 2 spots open" and I am literally flooded with requests. This is an excuse for your laziness or you simply don't want to find a group, nothing more. The game is not broken for it. The game is better off without a in-game chat. It would turn into Overwatch, and let's face it, that game's community/chat is garbage. I've never used it, and the game is just fine. If you want to play the game, play it. If you want to find excuses for why you're not playing, well, let me know how that works out for you.

The game is entertaining enough to me to justify pressing Alt+Tab and typing in Discord. Claiming that's "too much" is really a ridiculous claim, since most of us play other games that require us to use a VOIP. Imagine if people made this much of a stink about World of Warcraft not having a functioning in-game voice chat.

- The other point I'd like to address is that everyone still thinks, and believes, a video game, in total, should cost $60. Games have costed relatively the same for a decade. Technology evolves, prices get inflated. I feel like everyone expects game prices to remain the same. Paying $60 for a game and 2-3 months later paying $15 for more content that keeps me busy isn't as bad as some of you pretend it is. I understand not everyone has that kind of money, but if you don't have $15 to spend on something that will entertain you for at least a week, I don't think you should be complaining to Destiny like it's their problem. You're just broke. It's not like they're asking for another $60. I make over $15/hour, so if I were to start huffing and puffing about how I can't be bothered to spend that much on a game that's going to entertain me for days, possibly weeks, it just feels borderline disingenuous. I don't expect everyone to have that same sentiment, but c'mon, grandstanding about it? Really? It's $15. People buy Blu-Ray discs for $25 and watch the movie once... How can $15 for a game expansion be too much?

Some of these complaints just feel like they're complaints because that's what's trendy to do these days. "Let's complain and whine about something until I get my way."

These aren't terrible, atrocious business practices.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2017-12-07 at 09:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    We just listed two things that are attached to those prestige modes that are no longer available to vanilla destiny 2 players who have not purchased the DLC.

Legend of Acrius quest can no longer be completed. And the Rat King quest can no longer be completed.

But the comment you quoted (and maybe I should have specified this detail) is more about the current gaming market as a whole. These sorts of things aren't exclusive to Bungie. The big three are notorious for doing really shady things when developing games. EA, Activision, and Ubisoft. They are all far more concerned with short term profit, than customer retention.

I don't buy many games. And I rarely buy games first day. Only games I have bought day one are wow and diablo3.

Personally I feel people like to overreact to some things and forget that even though they are game companies their primary goal is to still make money. I've been playing games for about 30 years now. I've been paying the same price for these games for 30 years. I mean 60$ for a game you can beat in 10 minutes (Super Mario Brothers). I have no problems with companies opening up new ways to make money. Games cost more and are a lot more complex than they were 20+ years ago. If I don't think is game is worth what the price tag says I don't buy it.

As for D2 I agree they either should have stated from the start that those would always be max lvl content or allow base game players to access that stuff still.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    These aren't terrible, atrocious business practices.
    That's just you.

For everyone else, they are.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That's just for some.

For some others, they are.

Fixed that for you.

That's just you.

For everyone else, they are.
    For everyone else? Citation needed. Way to respond in an intelligent, adult manner. You really showed me.

You're probably one of those people that justifies a Faction Change on WoW costing $35. Yeah, TONS of new content for your $35, am I right?

/sarcasm
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2017-12-07 at 09:51 PM.

Well the DLC got me playing again so I can't really complain. It's fun and I feel like I got my money's worth. Keep in mind I bought the season pass back when the game came out so there was little chance of me not playing.

You're probably one of those people that justifies a Faction Change on WoW costing $35. Yeah, TONS of new content for your $35, am I right?
    Character service prices are utter bullshit and only used to milk money.

Character service prices are utter bullshit and only used to milk money.
    Cool story. JFK was killed by aliens, I heard, too.

Cool story. JFK was killed by aliens, I heard, too.
    So are you against the stupid prices of the character services or not? Really hard to read you right now.

I'm sorry but are people really defending this move that Bungie has done? I get people enjoy a game and whatnot but this is just going too far and is bordering on just defending a game for the sake of it at this point.

Hell there's a good amount of people trying to get refunds and the issue is because the digital ones for the most part were done through Blizzard they can't do squat until they sort something out. Or y'know Bungie could stop being Bungie and just return Nightfall, Prestige and Guided Games as they should?

And @Jtbrig7390 ARE YOU SERIOUS? They removed Guided Games from non DLC owners?

That's literally what I used to get my weekly Nightfalls done........ Oh wait can't do Nightfalls either......
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-07 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seeing how Guided Games only worked for the nightfall and raids and now u need the DLC to do it......Yes.

Also like posted above u can't even do Rat King now.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-12-07 at 10:30 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seeing how Guided Games only worked for the nightfall and raid and now u need the DLC to do it......Yes
    Good point.

Yeah I'm going to keep slowly pushing for a refund.

I'm done with Bungie though. Most I'll do is check up on Destiny news and that's it. Same as I do with Trion and other stuff.

Good point.

Yeah I'm going to keep slowly pushing for a refund.

I'm done with Bungie though. Most I'll do is check up on Destiny news and that's it. Same as I do with Trion and other stuff.
    Same, If it has Bungies name on it I won't be buying it new. If I want to play Destiny 3 it will be used so they get ZERO from me

(Doubt I will tho).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

So are you against the stupid prices of the character services or not? Really hard to read you right now.
    Oh, don't bother. I'm not interested in discussing anything with you in particular. You're too tongue-in-cheek to have meaninful discussion.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2017-12-07 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but are people really defending this move that Bungie has done? I get people enjoy a game and whatnot but this is just going too far and is bordering on just defending a game for the sake of it at this point.

That's literally what I used to get my weekly Nightfalls done........ Oh wait can't do Nightfalls either......
    As far as I understand, most people here "stopped playing D2" even before the DLC came out. Some maxed their chars and even stopped logging in, yet those same people complain that something was taken away from them even though they are not playing anymore... Fuck people just want to cry about shit. " Everything is soo boring, no fun, shit design, they just put the last nail in the coffin with this XP fiasco I'm gonna stop playing cause Bungie is a bunch of greedy pigs..." (few weeks later)... "OMG I didnt buy the DLC and now Bungie dont allow me to do the boring shitty things I said I am going to stop doing a few weeks back..."

If a game is sooo fucking horrible that I cant stand to play it (Like it is for majority of posters here), or I feel cheated because of X reason, I would state it once, stop playing and move on. No use in posting the same shit for 200 pages, threatening to stop playing, yet force myself for some reason beyond comprehension to do something I dont like to do, just to come back here and piss and cry some more, because I am too retarded to stop playing....

I really wish the mods could split this thread into 2 different threads, one for helpful info and one for pissing and crying. Granted the helpful one would look quite empty, but I still think there would be one or two posts there that could help someone who might have a question or two.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    -snip-
    And if you don't like what people are posting then use the ignore function built into the website if you feel so strongly against their posting or report them to a moderator if you feel it breaks the sites rules. That is what the two functions are there for.

If you want an echo chamber you won't find it here. Nor should it be an echo chamber. People have every right to be annoyed at Bungies garbage moves with this game and it shows.

This is not a place to spam "DESTINY BEST GAME EVER" nor is it a place to consistently attack the game. It's a place to discuss the game both critically and positively. But if you really want to claim every critical post is "bashing" then it's safe to say where your stance on this game is.

According to the GM I spoke with about my refund they said they have been getting a fair amount of tickets on the matter today. So it doesn't seem it's a small issue either.

If you cannot handle discussion that is critical of the game then I don't know what else to suggest.

Also have you ever thought people continue to follow a game after leaving because they hope it will improve again?

Oh and I do Guided Games and Nightfall. Guided Games is what got me my usual weekly clear. So yes them removing it and making me pay £16 if I wish to access the exact same content again is a disgusting move. Don't pretend it isn't or try to defend it please. Also your opinion of what is "boring" is subjective.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-07 at 10:59 PM.

--snip--
    I hate to break this you to but everyone is allowed to post here. Doesn't matter if you never bought the game, Do own it, Don't play or currently do it play. Yes I stopped playing before the DLC dropped. I am still allowed to complain about the poor ass choices they made with the release of the DLC.

You don't have to be actively using a product to criticize it. If you want a echo chamber circle jerk then make your own thread or go to reddit.

Question: What information are you wanting about Destiny 2 that isn't being posted in this thread? or can't get with a quick google search?

What are you wanting?

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you don't like what people are posting then use the ignore function built into the website.

If you want an echo chamber you won't find it here.

If you cannot handle discussion that is both critical of the game and positive then online forums are not for you.
    Well again if the ignore function actually worked then yes you would have a valid statement, but seeing that it doesnt work there is no use in using it.

Since you cant differentiate between being critical and just boderline being a whiney little child about your own stupidity I feel sorry for you, or scratch that I dont...

Well again if the ignore function actually worked then yes you would have a valid statement, but seeing that it doesnt work there is no use in using it.

Since you cant differentiate between being critical and just boderline being a whiney little child about your own stupidity I feel sorry for you, or scratch that I dont...
    Well this is kinda ironic...

So you have nothing left to actually debate and any critique to you is bashing? On top of insulting me?

Got it. I won't respond any further to you.

And the ignore function stops you seeing others posts. So yes it does. And if by any chance ignored users posts appear in quotes you could always I dunno.... not respond to them? It really isn't that difficult.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-07 at 11:18 PM.