Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So any word from Bungie yet about what they are going to do about this debacle of base game owners losing content?

Surely they aren't just trying to sweep this under the rug?
    This is AAA game from Activision.

Unless the shitstorm reaches Battlefront 2 levels of bad, they're just gonna sweep it under the rug and wait teh outrage to outdate itself.

Yeah. I know sounds unreal but I guess they got lucky.
    Well, hopefully Blizzard is saying okay time to refund people since they took content away from people. I am definitely done with Bungie going forward though...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...easily the worst purchase I've made all year.

Prometheus Lens is ridiculous in crucible, if you are lucky enough to get one you will absolutely dominate in crucible until it's fixed in next weeks update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I won't even buy any of their shit second hand. I refuse to give them any money going forward after this happened twice. Shame on me for believing things could/would be different this time.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is, a lot of people say they'll stop but dont. They love the gunplay, world, etc. God forbid people who want to play the game voice their opinion about stuff they don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

Refunds on PC?
    I just cant help some one like you who clearly cant read..... yea infraction inc but fucksake I can only take a certain amount of stupid at a time, and this exceeded it.
    Go on voice your same opinion another 200 fucking times in the next 10 pages. If it was said once or twice yes I would feel sad for the ones who "voices their opinion", but the same thing fucking over and over is no longer "voicing opinion" it is just trolling. I am out of this thread, this amount of stupidity going on here is definitely contagious!!!

Post constructively. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-12-08 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    I just cant help some one like you who clearly cant read..... yea infraction inc but fucksake I can only take a certain amount of stupid at a time, and this exceeded it.
    Go on voice your same opinion another 200 fucking times in the next 10 pages. If it was said once or twice yes I would feel sad for the ones who "voices their opinion", but the same thing fucking over and over is no longer "voicing opinion" it is just trolling. I am out of this thread, this amount of stupidity going on here is definitely contagious!!!
    I mean, most of your posts here haven't been much more than moronic at best....But I'm the dumb one? I mean shit, claiming the ignore feature doesn't work because you cant help yourself from reading something by someone you ignored that got quoted....but I'm the dumb one....lol okay bud. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Dude, you need to take a serious chill pill and just fucking bow out of this thread. You’re ranting and raving more than anyone else that you’re claiming is. Like, this is unhealthy levels of stress for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is AAA game from Activision.

Unless the shitstorm reaches Battlefront 2 levels of bad, they're just gonna sweep it under the rug and wait teh outrage to outdate itself.
    Likely considering the same was done in D1 over complaints about doing similar.

Personally it is a minor issue compared to others that was brought up. It is a shame the level attention it is getting over issues that would actually keep and get players to return if resolved.

I don't how the conversation has evolved since last night, but I got a friend to check. You can still do Nightfall's and raid. You're only barred from the Prestige versions. Take with that what you will, but I think it's a very important distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its the same kind of gun, but in pvp it just melts people where coldheart needs time to ramp.
    Ok, but the ammo on coldlight is decent enough. Lens has less ammo?

Yeah I took a look last night and only the prestige modes had the DLC symbol attached to them. Course I imagine if a DLC strike is the nightfall you won't be able to do it since that's how it worked in Destiny 1.

Anyways the Raid Lair launches today so should be interesting to see how it compares to the raid. I still haven't done the raid myself but I might take crack at it during winter break. Anyone able to complete it using guided games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn you guys get easily upset.

Oh no I can't do nightfalls anymore (they sucked anyway), I must rage on a forum!

Why do you care about end game content, when you won't buy the DLC to level to end game content?

Just so you know, I've not bought the DLC yet, undecided if I will. I don't see the point in playing these games if you don't buy the current DLC, and you should know this from the start.

Gaming is already a cheap hobby, but sadly it appears to be played by cheap people who demand everything for more or less free.

I've seen comparisons to WoW in this thread, a game where you pay a monthly sub lol, and you complain about having to one time purchase DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I don't how the conversation has evolved since last night, but I got a friend to check. You can still do Nightfall's and raid. You're only barred from the Prestige versions. Take with that what you will, but I think it's a very important distinction.
    Interesting, do people rage before checking for themselves? If I remember, or care when I get home, I'll check if I can do it.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-12-08 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Damn you guys get easily upset.

Oh no I can't do nightfalls anymore (they sucked anyway), I must rage on a forum!

Why do you care about end game content, when you won't buy the DLC to level to end game content?

Just so you know, I've not bought the DLC yet, undecided if I will. I don't see the point in playing these games if you don't buy the current DLC, and you should know this from the start.

Gaming is already a cheap hobby, but sadly it appears to be played by cheap people who demand everything for more or less free.

I've seen comparisons to WoW in this thread, a game where you pay a monthly sub lol, and you complain about having to one time purchase DLC.

Interesting, do people rage before checking for themselves? If I remember, or care when I get home, I'll check if I can do it.
    Yeah because removing content from base game owners and charging them £16 more to get back access to the exact same content isn't a scummy thing at all.... That's totally why people aren't trying to refund it or anything. But sure play the "people are demanding" card because that's all you have here. Asking for content that we already paid full price for to be a part of the base game is "demanding"? My god that is amusing. It's safe to say where your side of the bread is buttered.

It is absolutely scummy taking base game content and throwing it behind a DLC. You know damn well they could have had separate endgame caps for base and Curse of Osiris. But sure Bungie/Destiny are the best and can do no wrong right?

No doubt someone will try to spin this as me "hating" yet I've stated countless good things about the game in this thread. God forbid someone be critical of a game these days right?

And WoW doesn't lock any base game content behind expansions other than stuff they have revamped/removed over time in which they gave clear notice about such as Onyxia in Wrath or the Zul Dungeons in Cata. So a bad comparison already. You can do everything from 1-100 with a base copy. You don't have to buy Legion to go do Onyxia for example. While Onyxia is a Wrath boss the £9.99 base game includes Wrath and upto Warlords.

Now if WoW made you buy Battle for Azeroth when it's up for preorder to be able to do any content below 110 then that would be a comparison. But Blizzard thankfully don't have the same design decision mentality as Bungie. And why are we comparing models? That has nothing to even do with the topic. One is justified because it can hold a sub and the other is B2P because it's sustainable for that kind of game.

Oh and speaking of refunds. Blizzard Support said I may be able to get one but it will go on my Battle.net Balance. So not a full win but still not bad. So probably spend that £44.99 on something I want. Maybe some Hearthstone packs and possibly get the original Starcraft 2 Digital CE for Mini Thor since Blizzard have that on the shop.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-08 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because removing content from base game owners and charging them £16 more to get back access to the exact same content .....
    Wait, is this true? Or is the truth somewhere in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Some of the base content was removed and made max level content in the DLC. Rather than Bungie just making 2 separate caps.

Hence why people are annoyed and it doesn't help that people who defend the game like it's their life are trying to sweep this under the rug and further encourage bad design decisions/practices. Curse of Osiris wasn't going to be big because it's one of the smaller expansions but it literally had to take content from the base game to make it look like it has content. That says a lot right there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/co...can_all_agree/

Reading through that might give you a better idea.

OH BOY THOUGH. Trophies and Achievements are being fixed.....
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-08 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You can no longer run Nightfalls without the DLC.
    Is that true? As in nightfall strikes? I knew you couldn't run prestige raids anymore (which did not matter to me), but nightfall was one of the things we still did in the game (and would have done this evening).
    If they really removed this (which was one of the four milestones per week that made us login) I am really going to be pretty upset.

Hell because of this there are literally guns you can't finish anymore without the DLC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...iris-expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Is that true? As in nightfall strikes? I knew you couldn't run prestige raids anymore (which did not matter to me), but nightfall was one of the things we still did in the game (and would have done this evening).
    If they really removed this (which was one of the four milestones per week that made us login) I am really going to be pretty upset.
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/6/16...nightfall-raid

Has a good run up of what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    As far as I understand you're only screwed out of the Prestige mode. Which has an achievement tacked on and a quest (which being locked out of is 100% BS imo). Prestige mode typically doesn't reward anything worth while, so it's not really linked with the main progression of the game. It's somewhat like...say Tempest Keep. It's still there, you can go to it and see the content (normal Strike/Heroic Strike/Nightfall), but it won't be the same experience as those that did it back when it was relevant.

It is a lazy solution by Bungie and they deserve what they get, but I felt like Prestige mode was so useless to begin with. So I'm not really sure how much of value was really lost.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/6/16...nightfall-raid

Has a good run up of what's going on.
    Ah, OK, so just to clarify: Nightfall strikes are still available without the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    As far as I understand you're only screwed out of the Prestige mode. Which has an achievement tacked on and a quest (which being locked out of is 100% BS imo). Prestige mode typically doesn't reward anything worth while, so it's not really linked with the main progression of the game. It's somewhat like...say Tempest Keep. it's still there, you can go to it and see the content (normal Strike/Heroic Strike/Nightfall), but it won't be the same experience as those that did it back when it was relevant.

It is a lazy solution by Bungie and they deserve what they get, but I felt like Prestige mode was so useless to begin with. So I'm not really sure how much of value was really lost.
    Prestige should have had some form of gear. It was already lazily designed and just throwing it on the DLC just tells me they didn't have much in the way of content planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Ah, OK, so just to clarify: Nightfall strikes are still available without the DLC.
    Yes, you just need 30 more light level than before.

Prestige should have had some form of gear. It was already lazily designed and just throwing it on the DLC just tells me they didn't have much in the way of content planned.
    Yeah Prestige is stupid, but it was stupid before the DLC so, eh.