Still got sunshot, still insane against trash
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    They always said the base game is F2P too, which is neat for those who just want to try it.
    It is, except,. you get dumped into the game as a fully leveled 750 light character, with zero experience or know how about the game.
    Ready to start on the expansion. (much like wow's instant boost 110)

Which causes a lot of big questionmarks, and clueless players to enter the game right at a point where they should start as a low level instead.
    It's not a fun experience to be dropped into the game like that,.. i was actually looking forward to just slowly leveling my gear from 1 to 750, doing all the quests from the previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The base game was already given away for free last year on battle.net
    It's base game plus the first year's expansions you get now. Supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I like this exploding bow... it goes boom, makes a fun sound when released, bypasses shields, and it goes boom.
    Yup exploding stuff is op, im still using the first bow you got from forsaken lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes and no. You can transmog stuff but from what i've seen it's just seasonal and universal ornaments. It's not like WoW that you can mog a piece A with appearance of piece B (which sucks honestly, there's a lot of really good stuff in the standard/low level tables). But then i just dabbled with it so i don't really know.
    Some of their decision making process doesn't make any sense to me. You've got a game which, even before going F2P, was based heavily on selling cosmetics and such from the Eververse. And yet there's none of the typical cosmetic options such as hairstyles, tattoos, or the like. Even the default head/facial appearances are VERY limited. You'd think that sort of thing would be all over the in-game cash-shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Destiny 2's DLC ever go on sale before the transition? I know it's definitely not anytime soon but I don't know if I really want to justify $60 for both atm.

Did Destiny 2's DLC ever go on sale before the transition? I know it's definitely not anytime soon but I don't know if I really want to justify $60 for both atm.
    Honestly, I would just get Shadowkeep since that also nets you the current season pass as well. You can grab forsaken later when it goes on sale.

It did and you can find Forsaken for as low as $20 in some places. If you get it then you get the annual pass with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Some of their decision making process doesn't make any sense to me. You've got a game which, even before going F2P, was based heavily on selling cosmetics and such from the Eververse. And yet there's none of the typical cosmetic options such as hairstyles, tattoos, or the like. Even the default head/facial appearances are VERY limited. You'd think that sort of thing would be all over the in-game cash-shop.
    Yeah. They went all the way to create an interface for xmog, only to it to be limited to a selected few appearances, whole the whole game is about getting the item you want and power it up to the max level.

I don't really understand this, they could just have made something like "press button to store appearance in collection" or whatever.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Couple questions:

1. Where to get more mods easily? I have barely any mods whatsoever, luckily i do have the seemingly most important one for my build (super/intellect).
    2. How are you guys keeping up your gear as you level? Its nonsensical to try and upgrade your gear every few power levels but at the same time its annoying to be using gear other than what your build is optimized for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Couple questions:

1. Where to get more mods easily? I have barely any mods whatsoever, luckily i do have the seemingly most important one for my build (super/intellect).
    2. How are you guys keeping up your gear as you level? Its nonsensical to try and upgrade your gear every few power levels but at the same time its annoying to be using gear other than what your build is optimized for.
    1. Mods can drop from pretty much anywhere so all you can do is play the game. I'm not sure if there is anyway to really farm them beyond that but make sure to check the gunsmith every day for mods you don't have since he always has a random 2 for sale.

2. I generally wait till I can get at least +10 power increase before I infuse so as not to waste upgrade modules unless there is a piece of gear I really want to level up.

Man, the strikes they added with the expansions are rad. Played another last night (more green, planty one) and god damn...these are freakin fantastic. They ramped up mechanics beyond "shoot glowy things/adds while boss is immune" and they're freakin gorgeous.

Damnit, there's so much to bloody do on my new character I'm overwhelmed. But one thing I'd FUCKING LOVE to see is the ability to get bounties from your director board/ship, would be nice to not need to zone into the Tower every time I want to nab more strike bounties.

Destiny 2 had 2.46 million unique players log in on October 7th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...s_logged_into/

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Destiny 2 had 2.46 million unique players log in on October 7th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...s_logged_into/
    With PC being the biggest platform. Man things have sure changed a lot since it first launched and PC was the smallest platform by quite a bit.

Not surprised though, the game was janky AF at launch (great port, tons of other issues) and PC players seem far less forgiving for that kind of nonsense. But now that they've cleaned everything up for the most part and have a solid game (that's free, no less) PC players show up in droves.

Will be interesting to see how player loss/growth/retention plays out as folks get settled and the new car smell wears off.

Man, the game was already fun to play there just wasn’t enough loot in the loot n shoot.

This game now? It’s been a week and I’m still seeing the clock hit like 11pm and I’m waaay past bed time.

Just one more run, ma!

Yeah once people run out of free shit and need to pay I expect those numbers to fall of hard.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, the strikes they added with the expansions are rad. Played another last night (more green, planty one) and god damn...these are freakin fantastic. They ramped up mechanics beyond "shoot glowy things/adds while boss is immune" and they're freakin gorgeous.

Damnit, there's so much to bloody do on my new character I'm overwhelmed. But one thing I'd FUCKING LOVE to see is the ability to get bounties from your director board/ship, would be nice to not need to zone into the Tower every time I want to nab more strike bounties.
    While i 100% agree with you nvme ssd's are really cheap nowadays and make a big difference in load times in D2 Ive watched people on regular ssd's and mine loads in much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    While i 100% agree with you nvme ssd's are really cheap nowadays and make a big difference in load times in D2 Ive watched people on regular ssd's and mine loads in much faster.
    Yeah, I need to pick up more SSD's since my little 120GB one can't fit Destiny for sure. One of these days, but probably when I build a new rig and replace all my old HDD's with SSD's...just hoping the price drops even further on them since I need at few TB worth of SSD space to store all my games -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I need to pick up more SSD's since my little 120GB one can't fit Destiny for sure. One of these days, but probably when I build a new rig and replace all my old HDD's with SSD's...just hoping the price drops even further on them since I need at few TB worth of SSD space to store all my games -_-
    Here is a good option for price/performance if you ever are looking to upgrade:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pxK...e-ct1000p1ssd8

Thats 1/5th of what i paid for my 1tb 960 evo a couple years ago, crazy how much they came down in price lol.

So as I understand level 900 is the "soft cap" and getting gear will be harder after that? so what are the options to get higher level items after 900?

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    So as I understand level 900 is the "soft cap" and getting gear will be harder after that? so what are the options to get higher level items after 900?
    Ya getting to 900 took me less than 1 night, going past you need to check you map and look for "powerful" gear rewards. There are a bunch in the tower and then in strikes/crucible.