Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enid (you know, the vague Jurassic Park reference?)
    I'm hoping that things like the kinect and Wii will die out so physical performance doesn't disrupt my gaming experience. What I really want is flying cars. NO I'm not talking about an airplane. I want a car that I can pull out of my garage, get on the highway, then blast off the highway to get to where ever I need to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uziathan View Post
    I'm hoping that things like the kinect and Wii will die out so physical performance doesn't disrupt my gaming experience. What I really want is flying cars. NO I'm not talking about an airplane. I want a car that I can pull out of my garage, get on the highway, then blast off the highway to get to where ever I need to go.
    You know all of those jackasses you have to deal with on the road every single day?

Now imagine if those same retards and jackasses could fly.

That's not a future I want to live in.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be chilling on Mars and as I look up, I will be watching Star Wars: Episode 15 - Rise of the Death Star; it's the final scene, where our real Death Star (yes, they had enough money for the $850,000,000,000,000,000 price tag that came with it) is destroying aliens.

Earth will have been destroyed by a gigantic astroid impact in 2029 (or 2036 w/e - that big one that has the highest change of hitting Earth).
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    since I was a kid in the 70's I have watched the world change, hardly at all. We had cars, planes space ships, computers, computer networks, wars, terrorism, battles between the left and right.

Today our computers are handheld, our networks are mobile, but that is about the only real difference. So in 30 more years I would hazard to say that the technology will get smaller and better, we might have a new toy or two but nothing will really be different. the left and right will still argue, the Islamics will still bomb innocents, America will still over react.China will own the space program, and life will continue as it always does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What about gaming? I don't see how touch screens work for most games.
    Also, I think some jobs will take more time if you only have touch screen. Typing on a keyboard goes a bit faster.

I don't see computers as we know them right now go anywhere fast.
    Have you seen the movie Gamer? Something like that would be awesome.
    It's already there, in the form of Kinect, but then better. Won't work for all games of course and we won't use real people either, but I'm sure it won't be too long before we see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Imagine playing wow on a much much much more advanced version of the Kinect from xbox ..instead of playing wow as we do now we play out our characters rolls ...casting spells and such ..in full body motion and also the npc's are totally interactive ...basically the super cheap version of the holodeck ...thats gaming in 2040 .
    Haha, didn't even see your post before I posted mine
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-02-16 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll have Hal 9000.

I'm hoping for mind sync tech emerging some time around then.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    since I was a kid in the 70's I have watched the world change, hardly at all. We had cars, planes space ships, computers, computer networks, wars, terrorism, battles between the left and right.

Today our computers are handheld, our networks are mobile, but that is about the only real difference. So in 30 more years I would hazard to say that the technology will get smaller and better, we might have a new toy or two but nothing will really be different. the left and right will still argue, the Islamics will still bomb innocents, America will still over react.China will own the space program, and life will continue as it always does.
    to say that things haven't changed greatly since the 70's is like saying my chicken sandwich is a hamburger....
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post

Dude, I grew up in the 90s and I can't believe some of the shit we have now. I can't understand how your mind isn't just constantly being blown every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    George Carlin predicts the future.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it won't be too different from today, just more convenience.

I mean think about it, people thought we'd have flying cars, teleportation, crazy futuristic architecture and other things about 50 years ago.

I could see some crazy renovations in gaming though.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

I just hope we can fly better faster and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post

Home pc's : Home PC's will consist of nothing but flat touch screen monitors ..no more mouse , keyboard ...and hardware housing ...it will all be in monitors and this will probably come a lot sooner then 2040 more like maybe 2025 and on . This video shows a lot of what im talking about from iron man 2 .[/IMG]
    Not gonna happen for the sole reason that it would be super uncomfortable. Imagine stretching your arms out to the monitor/swinging your arms around for several hours....
    You wanna make stuff more convenient, not less.

wont be any technology. probably be living like the 1800s
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have me one of these microwaves:

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Computers without a doubt will head in that direction, and at that, there are already holographic keyboards you can buy for 200 dollars. I 100% agree that about what they will look like then.

As for cars, I think things are going to start changing dramatically over the next 30 years or so. It's not going to happen overnight but I think we'll have cars that drive themselves at some point this century, and they certainly won't run on gas. I don't expect this to be the norm in 2040 but I would expect this changeover starting to take place once the kinks are worked out, particularly with GPS systems and the like.

In regards the space thing, I'm not so sure. It's expensive and things take a very, very long time to build and plan, and then they have to be successfully pulled off. I think we'll have sent a man to Mars by then, we'll make new discoveries in things but I don't expect anything more than that, personally.