Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

can you get banned for going to karazhan crypts?

basically what the title says O-O if hypothetically someone were to go down there would you get in trouble for it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine yes. I've been down there once loooooong time again in TBC, and even to this day I don't why they keep it barred off. They say its "To dark for kids", well f--k that! The game is rated T for a reason.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    "Someone" who I know frequently shows people how to go down there.
    "That guy" or any of his friends have never gotten into trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Don't be silly. Why would you get into trouble for it? Here let me just show you arou-

It's cool place to chill, but feels lonely at time. Granted, I no longer visit it as much as I used to, but every now and then I keep coming back to that ol place.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did close it off, so the means of getting in is actually through exploits.
    Having said that, I've been in a couple of times now and have yet to receive a ban

I got taken there once, was pretty cool.
    If there's a lot of people there it is pretty fun.

Technically you could but I don't know of anyone who has.

Is this place still in game?
    So Blizz still keeps this place in game, yet they are willing to ban anyone who dares to go there? I don't think so.
    I highly doubt you will get into trouble for that

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    Is this place still in game?
    So Blizz still keeps this place in game, yet they are willing to ban anyone who dares to go there? I don't think so.
    I highly doubt you will get into trouble for that
    People got banned for going underneath ogrimmar.
    So, that's not really valid.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    They did close it off, so the means of getting in is actually through exploits.
    Having said that, I've been in a couple of times now and have yet to receive a ban
    You can get to lots of places you normally can't get to without exploiting, including this. It's more "creative use of game mechanics," in my book at least

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Technically you could but I don't know of anyone who has.
    Pretty much this.

Basically, you could be banned for going anywhere you're not supposed to. However, that's pretty uncommon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apology View Post
    You can get to lots of places you normally can't get to without exploiting, including this. It's more "creative use of game mechanics," in my book at least
    Just because you're making creative use of in-game mechanics doesn't mean it's not an exploit.
    Blizzard has been very clear about these things, yet very lenient when it comes to exploration.
    Still means jack shit though, since their stance on banning people is: We really don't need any reason

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    basically what the title says O-O if hypothetically someone were to go down there would you get in trouble for it
    Your character would freak out, and kill themselves or those upside-down corpses in the water would eat you. Joking aside, I doubt you would be in any trouble for it in real life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    "Someone" who I know frequently shows people how to go down there.
    "That guy" or any of his friends have never gotten into trouble.
    I've shown people how to get down there and taken a few friends for a game of hide seek, this would be near the end of cata, never gotten into trouble for it, but a friend of a friend once said a GM told him to get out and not go back.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    People got banned for going underneath ogrimmar.
    So, that's not really valid.
    Actually it is.
    There is nothing underneath Orgrimmar.
    KC is an actual place put into the client. If they didn't want people to go there, then they would just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    Actually it is.
    There is nothing underneath Orgrimmar.
    KC is an actual place put into the client. If they didn't want people to go there, then they would just remove it.
    You weren't around before Cata were you?

I remember the days of going under orgrimmar and killing people. Never got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    You weren't around before Cata were you?
    What is that suppose to mean?
    Oh and I was around before most people in here believe me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've never used a 3rd Party hack or any such things to get in, I simply used the 'mount forces you under the barrier' trick. It still works for some.

And to be honest its not hurting anything by you being there, me and a friend and mine just wander around and comment on crap and then leave. It's a fully functional area if a bit barren that doesn't affect the gameplay of anyone in the server so why the hell would it be bannable. It's just one of those easter egg things.

If I was using said place on a PvP server to sit there out of sight of players and gank them from a far (presuming the map had a hole in which to do so) that would be something bannable.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.