Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    There's a difference between being "viable" and "extremely viable". And while Fire has been viable, unless I've missed something, Frost has been superior...so, if we're talking "over 2k", why would you not take the optimal spec?
    Oh yes, Frost is top, but you can still play Fire to a very high rating (look at Hansol) and have been able to for a long time. I find it unfair that Mages were having their "second spec" buffed to being competitive when others were struggling to have one. Not to mention Fire is basically a different play style and a big change whilst again others are forced to play one spec, it's also arguably stronger than Frost in RBG's.
    It's what I dislike about PvP nowadays, there always seems to be "the one spec" whereas in Wrath numerous specs were viable in different comps and you could change accordingly or if you simply fancied a change.

So what's a fair assumption to make? Should I address you as an Arena Master, having never met you nor played with you? I never called you a "noob", either.
    That would be better, yes :> Whilst you never said it directly, you implied it. All I am saying is that it's wrong to judge someone with just assumptions.

If the premise is that he does this on a regular basis, and you only list one, then I would have to say that you're wrong. I'm not saying that he's never done so in his life, but judging from your quote, you make it out that he's doing this on a regular basis.
    Oh he does, I am just not the extreme anti GC fans that have all of his quotes saved to use everyday of the week. If you look in the GC threads in General Discussions you will see them being thrown around a lot. I am not going to dig them up since I honestly cba. If you disagree then so be it, I'm not going to try beat it into you.

They are aware. It's just a business model to keep players interested.
    Indeed, although it's coming back to bite them now since PvP is in a very bad state. 5.2 hopefully makes it better, though.

ait im just gonna say it... This season is the worst ever. IT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY impossible not to make improvements to current pvp... Even if you were a half-wit retard.
    And tbh, i dont think 5.2 is gonna change anything...

I don't really see any changes that make PvP a lot better. We can essentially sum up the patch notes as...
    Everyone got buffed, even if they didn't need it.
    There needed to be some blatant nerfs, but they weren't done. Official notes:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/822...y_13-2_13_2013
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I heard that oneshotting burst rush is worse than current state. Why am I hearing exactly opposite thing
    Try it yourself instead of "heard"ing so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    - Gargoyle no longe req the 60 runic power, which is an insanely nice buff.

- Plague Strike put both disceases on the target (Frost Feaver and Blood Plague)

- Conversion now costs 5 Runic Power per second, and heals you for 3% of your health every second. Something i've found REALLY nice on the PTR, as we get runic power from being slowed, your runic power never runs out when getting trained, which means your 3% heals every second never runs out either.

- Strangulate is on a 1 min CD instead of 2 min CD.
    And people call SW OP =)?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I don't really see any changes that make PvP a lot better. We can essentially sum up the patch notes as...
    Everyone got buffed, even if they didn't need it.
    There needed to be some blatant nerfs, but they weren't done.
    Yep, pretty much. PvP hasn't changed for the better, and now we'll also see the introduction of PvE trinkets. Going to be fun times.

I can't wait for 5.2

The amount of misinformation in this thread is staggering. For one, since I play one, moonkin burst did not get buffed. Nature's vigil which was a 20% 3 minute CD damage buff got nerfed to 10% every 1.5 minutes. Theoretically the same sustained, but the fact that you gain damage from stacking cooldowns means that we lost damage overall, mostly in a pve setting which is what the buff was for. Fact is though we lost burst in pvp and the buff doesn't touch that. A 9% buff to our nukes comes out to 10.9% damage during natures vigil as compared to 20% before (our dots didn't get buffed so its even less than that).

The other thing is that moonkins get rocked so hard by melee that I don't get how anyone is concerned about them. Solar beam vortex is nice but that's all we bring. Our burst has been nerfed (and I never saw a 250k starsurge in pvp with upgraded malevolent on anyone geared but even then its complete rng and damage outside of cooldowns is horrendous).

The thing is, when has this game ever not been about burst? Drain comps come around once in a while and 5.2 looks to be no different with the resurgence of affliction locks. I dare say wow is going back to its pvp roots with strong rogues, mages, aff locks, still viable warriors and overall a lot of burst. Pve trinks will probably be op but again, what else is new? It may not be perfectly balanced but I've still always had fun with wow pvp, and that's what its all about, right? Guys? Where'd everybody go?
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-02-18 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    There is a lot of good changes, and they've listened to feedback a lot but I'm worried about Rogue burst and Hunter burst now Powershot is 100% reliable.

I guess we'll see
    yeah sure if blizzard listened to feedback mages wouldnt be kings of CC and PVP and hey would have removed bots to since theres like 999999 threads about it on wow forums

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    The thing is, when has this game ever not been about burst?
    Used to be about working the enemy into a bad position, THEN bursting. Nowadays it isn't even that. ANYONE can CC the enemy healer for 8 seconds and destroy someone. That isn't skillful. It isn't working anyone into a bad position. It's just using 1-2 bits of CC and using a macro to stack cooldowns. I challenge your notion that this is "always fun."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen563 View Post
    There is a lot of good changes, and they've listened to feedback a lot but I'm worried about Rogue burst and Hunter burst now Powershot is 100% reliable
    Are you seriously advocating keeping an ability broken just because of 'burst concerns'?

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    yeah sure if blizzard listened to feedback mages wouldnt be kings of CC and PVP and hey would have removed bots to since theres like 999999 threads about it on wow forums
    *Frost Mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    *Frost Mages.
    To be fair that's not true. Fire is disgustingly strong at the moment if the Mage knows how to play it right. Can easily 1v1 a healer even if they trinket the deep, it's disgusting.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair that's not true. Fire is disgustingly strong at the moment if the Mage knows how to play it right. Can easily 1v1 a healer even if they trinket the deep, it's disgusting.
    Yeah i is disgusting if a healer can be killed by a DPS.

I mean what the hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire goes in and out, Arcane is -rarely- usable. Frost is indeed a 'King of PvP'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Fire will be good in 5.2.

That said, the Buffs to Rogues and DKs are going to keep them in check. Those two classes are going to be a nightmare for casters.

Random BGs are going to 50% Rogues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Yeah i is disgusting if a healer can be killed by a DPS.

I mean what the hell.
    Since the game is 'balanced' around 3v3, and the presumption that a healer should be able to survive having 2 DPS beat on them, at least by trading cooldowns and getting some peels - yes, it's unbalanced if one spec can kill a healer, when it's intended to take two to do so.

People seem to flip out about how strong healers are in pvp a lot, but it's completely necessary for them to be as strong as they are. If any dps spec could kill any healer, why on earth would you bring a healer to a 3v3 team (let alone 5v5 or 10v10/RBGs). Killing healers is supposed to take teamwork, it's clearly not something the dev team intends for people to do consistently by themselves.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Used to be about working the enemy into a bad position, THEN bursting. Nowadays it isn't even that. ANYONE can CC the enemy healer for 8 seconds and destroy someone. That isn't skillful. It isn't working anyone into a bad position. It's just using 1-2 bits of CC and using a macro to stack cooldowns. I challenge your notion that this is "always fun."
    What this "Anyone" mean ?
    Does this also mean your teammates too or not ?

So, while you ( as a healer ) got CC, your teammates didn't use CC the opponent ... even when he saw the opponent use his Burst CD ?

I fail to see the upside. We have traded getting ripped apart by Warriors in a stun to being ripped apart by Rogues in a stun.

And at least you can see a Warrior coming.