How do I beat demo lock?

I just tried dueling a demo lock on my Arms Warrior and I lost 16 duels in a row and I tried really hard to kill him. Is it just not possible? What's the best way to go about it? I'm 1700 rated so that's my skill level. By the time I connect I'm down to second wind range, and I can't ever stay offensive. Someone help, it's pissing me off all these losses lol Thanks to anyone who gives some good advice

Deleted
    Well First of all what are you struggling with? What talentry are you choosing to duel the warlock. Are you making use of spell reflect for his chaos bolts? A bit more information would be great.

Deleted
    I play Demo, and I really hate it when warriors use their charge and line it up with Shockwave. Trinket + portal works wonders there, but another charge or even Heroic Leap will be hurtful.

Make sure you get rid of fears, horrors etc. Killing the demon is from what I know not usual, but it really gimps me to have to resummon one.

Now out of my perspective:
    Whenever I see a warrior, the first thing I *try* to do is let my pets go on rampage (axe toss, Goserv axe toss, Summon imps, double felstorm) and in the time you're stunned, my DoTs will be running and most likely powered with buffs. Whenever you get out of the stuns, I fear/Horror you to buy a few extra seconds to get more demonic fury.

The bad thing is though, I need to be able to setup, which requires a few seconds. In that time, you need to control with stuns, interrupts and slash your way through my defensive cooldowns. There are plenty, including :40% damage reduction, shield of 250k, maybe a horror of 3 secs, instant fear, knockback, maybe a stun or 2, healthstone and other healing mechanics. After these, I'm down to using portals and metamorphosis as defense.

We've got our ways to get rid of you, but if you manage to stay on us, and do enough pressure to require us to use defensive cooldowns, we can't use our offensive ones.

I'd say: use all forms of CC, interrupts and what not possible and use offensive cooldowns right after. I've got plenty of warriors that killed me that way, but I'm just one person. Hope you can get some useful stuff out of this and others.

Daani: Destruction Warlocks use Chaos Bolt .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daani View Post
    Well First of all what are you struggling with? What talentry are you choosing to duel the warlock. Are you making use of spell reflect for his chaos bolts? A bit more information would be great.
    Demo has no Chaos bolt though it has ahnd of gul'dan

Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    I just tried dueling a demo lock on my Arms Warrior and I lost 16 duels in a row and I tried really hard to kill him. Is it just not possible? What's the best way to go about it? I'm 1700 rated so that's my skill level. By the time I connect I'm down to second wind range, and I can't ever stay offensive. Someone help, it's pissing me off all these losses lol Thanks to anyone who gives some good advice
    Whene you die by the sword make sure you face the pet, try to shockwave/fear the imp swarm, reflect will be questionable since they really don't cast all that much to begin with, and you don't sound skilled enough to reliably reflect coils and blood fears.

Try to make sure he stays in cc as long as possible during demon soul.
    It's basicly a "can I survive till the warlocks defenses are gone" game.

You don't.

The lock toolkit is made so that they can survive for minutes easily because of having the most numerous and powerful defensive cds in the game. This allows them to rack up demonic fury. Once they go metamorphosis + demon soul + pvp trinket there is literally no way you can survive. They will burst you through shield wall/defensive stance/die by the sword and rallying cry 100-0 within 8-10 seconds (assuming you're both in full malevolent gear and playing at your best).

Your best bet is that if you're burning him down really fast, as soon as he gets low cc him before he can pull off his dark regeneration + soul burned soul stone (and whatever other cd he might pop). Preferably with an intimidating shout (that also catches the felguard so it won't stun you). If he trinkets that to survive your incoming burst then you've won the match. Follow up with a shockwave and kill him. If he waits out the int shout and trinkets the shockwave then you're shit out of luck. He can easily outheal your one shot macro.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-12 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15