Poll: Demon Hunters: Yes or No?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very unlikely, never say never but very unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Gut feeling says yes. Personal I would rather Tinker myself though.

Demon Hunters would have been the new demo locks with some Dk elements

There are viable ways to implement them, but it is rather unlikely tbh.

It is very hard to speculate this early on what next the next expansion could be about. Now let's look at some current things about the game and keep in mind how Blizzard develops things. We now know that they are doing exceptionally well on game balance, they've learned a lot from the passed three expansions. Not only about story telling, but what the players want and how quickly we want it. So keep in mind the new Blizzard logic and reason behind future updates.

We know Garrosh will be kill-able by Horde and Alliance at some point in the current expansion. What corrupted Garrosh? There's more speculation to that alone. Some say it could have been the Demons head that we gave to him. You know the one, from Ashenvale when that Orc commander decided to use the demonic energies against the attacking Night Elves.

We know Velen had a vision of a coming darkness with the intent of consuming everything and the forces of Azeroth banding together as one. Velen claimed in his vision that the world around him was not one he had seen(Speculation: Argus) http://www.wowwiki.com/Argus so there would be good reason why it's unrecognizable. Though my question is how could we possibly get a foot hold into Argus? I don't know but Azeroth's Warlocks are doing some shady work. Velen also goes on to claim that the Naaru and the Aspects were heading into battle against the Darkness, something he never thought he would see.

We know that the Black Prince has even given us a warning of a coming darkness and wishes to arm us(With Legendary armor)

Blizzard has announced a big release for this expansion but they won't tell us yet. New Character models? No, we've known about this. Fourth Specializations for each class instead of adding an extra class to the game? Possibly! This would resolve adding more classes to the game for quite a while and Demon Hunter could be included somewhere in that list, but I am extremely doubtful that would be something this expansion. It has to be something "looking for" related has it has been since Burning Crusade.

BC-Different Raid Lockouts, introduction of 25man Raids and Heroic Dungeons.
    Wrath-LFG, Looking For Dungeon released with the patch for Icecrown Citadel, no more sitting in the city and making a group with limited resources.
    Cataclysm-LFR, Looking for Raid released with the patch for Dragon Soul, new i-level armor and weapons for the beginning raider who wants to catch up or just doesn't have time for a guild, etc.

Mists of Pandaria? That's for us to do educated guesses on at this point.

Will we get Demon Hunters for the next expansion? Quite possibly but I would not give it a 100% definitive yes. As for another race, yeah I could see that but with the release of another race I believe they might remove racials for everyone. Ghost Crawler stated he doesn't like Racials and people only choosing races for the buffs, plus too many people complain about the imbalances of them. So this is definitely something I can see the developers doing and I hope they do, your racial choice should be for the look not the perk.

In conclusion study the Warcraft history to possibly learn it's future(of course I am not talking about game mechanics)
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon_hunter

Only reason I'd like to see a DH class is Hunters are the only Bow / Xbow / Gun spec atm.

Demon Hunters in Warcraft do not use ranged weaponry from what I can tell. They channel demonic energies into melee weapons. A majority of art portraying them specializing in Glaives.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Azshara / N'zoth expansion = Naga as neutral playable race
    Burning Legion expansion = DH as playable class 100%
    May I see where Blizzard confirmed a DH 100% I'm the event of a BL Expansion?

Because, until turn, this is nothing more than yor own speculation, and there is nothing 100% about that.

Not to mention, it's been discussed by GC, and although he has never denied or confirmed it, he's made it clear it would e pointless.

In the next expansion, the Burning Crusade is cut off from it's assault on Azeroth on the Moons of our world, where we will explore entirely new continents on the moons, with Dalaran on the Moon. Demon Hunters can be used to aggro bears on the moon, because titans like putting bears all over the universe.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    he's made it clear it would e pointless.
    Asking a question is the opposite of making something clear. He could have made a definitive statement. He opted for implying a statement with a question, which could be construed in multiple ways the same way people claimed Blizzard "clearly" denied Mists of Pandaria was more than traditionally something involved with lore based comics or novels.

GC was ambiguous. Essentially he was asked if demon hunters had room as a class, he answered that with the classes we have, was there room for demon hunters as a class?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Asking a question is the opposite of making something clear. He could have made a definitive statement. He opted for implying a statement with a question, which could be construed in multiple ways the same way people claimed Blizzard "clearly" denied Mists of Pandaria was more than traditionally something involved with lore based comics or novels.

GC was ambiguous. Essentially he was asked if demon hunters had room as a class, he answered that with the classes we have, was there room for demon hunters as a class?
    It was a rhetorical question, because we all know the answer to that question.

And the answer is no. There isn't room for Demon Hunters as a class in the game. Any niche they would fill is already taken out by numerous classes, and they've playstyle wouldn't be unique at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The horse that represented the idea of Demon Hunters in WoW has been been beaten to death, and then some.

At the rate Demon Hunter threads show up, it wouldn't surprise me if they were added to the game.
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It was a rhetorical question, because we all know the answer to that question.

And the answer is no. There isn't room for Demon Hunters as a class in the game. Any niche they would fill is already taken out by numerous classes, and they've playstyle wouldn't be unique at all.
    Why don't you go and bump your thread now about how they're going to be a spec and have fun going in more circles.
    You make bold assertions over your own straw men, but I can't blame anyone for some mental masturbation now and then.

I think it's pretty unlikely demon hunters will be in the game for players in the classic sense, but I also think it's possible Blizzard will flesh them out enough to warrant it with their own identity and a new expanded bag of tricks. Whether as a new class, or a new spec, or a brand new means of character progression we have no idea even exists.

Spare me your thoughts on my thoughts, Teriz, unless you'd like to actually go somewhere with them other than in a circle.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

DING!

PSSSSHHHH*

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7860 *achievement appears*

congratulations the DH topic has beaten that many dead mounts into a grimy coagulated pulp

Deleted
    i want a New race for my Horde paladin