So...Ra-Den has 47 TF items loot table...what?

At first I though,'It's PTR, they just lumped some items...' but then I saw some of them have his name on them. Also they are ALL thunderforged...That's going to be fun to farm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No, I'm roundly rejecting your idea that LFR isn't raiding.
    The raiding scene is larger than in wrath - because LFR is raiding. It replaces the pugs that were a feature of Wotlk.
    Tell you what, I remove LFR and you remove pugs.
    What the actual f...

Deleted
    And? He is heroic only. A lot of people won't see him for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    At first I though,'It's PTR, they just lumped some items...' but then I saw some of them have his name on them. Also they are ALL thunderforged...That's going to be fun to farm...
    It's not the TF items design intent to be farmed. Not to mention the low drop chance.

If that's the goal your guild sets, that's your issue
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I suppose the main concern is that the boss drops 47 items.. While a 10man gets 2 items per kill.. that will be long grind to get what you want o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ra-Den is the last heroic-only boss. If you have him on farm, you're already done with tier anyway...but you can still try to farm some extra upgrades if you really want to.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It's not the TF items design intent to be farmed. Not to mention the low drop chance.

Yes, shame on his guild for "farming" the raid for the best loot possible.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

One of the reasons for existance of Thunderforged Items is actually to give some incentive for farming raid even after getting fully "non-thunderforged" geared.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Well , only 1 guild from our server killed Algalon when it was curent content . And 2 Sinestra .
    I doubt many people will be able to "farm" a special ,hard, heroic only, end-boss .

And if they are able to do it , defeat the RNG (47 items table !!! ) , they absolutely deserve their best in slot thunderforged items.

Can you link this list? I can't seem to find it.

If you're in a guild that needs that gear farmed, then you will be able to farm it within the first couple of months. That'll give you plenty of time to get all the gear you need.

If you can't get to him in the first couple of months, you don't need that gear anwyay, so it doesn't matter if you don't farm all the possible gear from him.

It's difficult to tell the difference between 'need' and 'want'.

You don't 'need' any of that gear unless you're pushing world firsts in the next tier and getting paid to do it. But we all 'want' it.

I like the fact that Blizzard is making absolute everything-BIS very very difficult to get. I'll be impressed if I see anybody in it before 5.4. It ought to be a Feat of Strength along the lines of Cutting Edge. Title "Master of Random Numbers" or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    One of the reasons for existance of Thunderforged Items is actually to give some incentive for farming raid even after getting fully "non-thunderforged" geared.
    It's for giving an incentative for 25m guilds, since the drop chance of TF items are higher there than in 10m.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I think the Ra-Den items are automatically Thunderforged.

They are simply a single Itemlvl Step higher than other Heroic Loot, so they simply slapped Thunderforged on it.

But the sheer number of items (47!) is insane, you get around 5-7 items (depending of Class / Spec) from Ra-Den alone.

Maybe they want to let ToT run for a long time, instead of pushing out the next raid very fast, they cut the downtime until the expansion by extending the duration of the "middle tier".

I certainly hope ToT lasts longer than t14 -- it'll have been about, what, five months for t14 ? And for a non-hardcore guild a couple/few weeks of that was leveling up / getting initial raid-ready. So I guess I'd want t15 to be about five months at least, so that even if it's the same in absolute terms, when you consider initial leveling/gearing it will have lasted longer in relative terms. Plus I'd like a chance for non-hardcore-but-still-raider guilds to try to get all the gear they'd need to at least see Ra-Den, if not have a reasonable chance of killing him. The super World First -level guilds will get him in a couple weeks or so out from launch. The rest of the hardcores will get him within the following weeks / couple months.

Right now about 1% of guilds have killed heroic Sha of Fear ... I certainly don't see that doubling or more in the next month ... but I think 2-3% is a good number for Blizz to shoot for with regard to clearing all the heroic content when it's current (considering the weeks and months of gearing up throughout the tier to effectively be a progressive nerf, relative to the World First -level guilds who are capable of killing it all within two or three raid cycles, including the first non-heroic week, after launch). I think a solid five or six months gives time for everyone who is still trying to have a reasonable shot, without giving the rest (although they are undoubtedly in the overwhelming minority) so little to do they get bored. They'll be farming in preparation for the next tier, anyway.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I think the whole point of it is, as long as you kill him, someone should be able to get some really good loot, and if there is a piece or two that no one needs because of the specs you have, even if it does drop, chances are slim it will drop every week. And if all 10/25 people in your raid burn a coin on him every week, as they should, then you're likely going to get more than just 2 items in a 10 man guild.

Deleted
    Well loot tables that clunky are always UGH. Our druid healer is still stuck with 489 trinket from Will, cos Tsulong has 25 items on it's loot table, we have that on farm since 2nd week after it opened, gg with that RNG.

Look at Sinestra hc-only boss loot table, it's just handful of items. This guy...oh well. I hope they will be ONLY thunderforged versions of normal HC items that drop from previous bosses. Would suck to see unique loot there that's so hard to win against RNG.

Plus having this boss on farm will be quite a feat if they will keep difficulty similar to T14 end-heroic bosses. 12% people defeated HC madness in Cata, 1% defeated HC Sha now.

Actually that is exactly what the intent is. The only thing WoW has going for it is the slot machine aspect in getting loot. If you were handed all your loot after killing a boss the first time, you would never kill it again.

It is the Hc only boss, like Snestra. And I believe that to unlock it you need to beat the rest bosses in Hc difficulty.... would love to see how people will be able to farm it!

Not sure what all the fuss is about....I only counted 46

http://www.wowhead.com/news=210658/5...rbosses-ra-den