Windwalker PvE Upgrade question

With this possibly being the last week of upgrades, I have a question. I have both fists from Gara'jal Normal and have upgraded my main hand from 489 -> 493. Now I will have enough valor to upgrade one more time before the patch, if it is March 5th. So my question is, should I upgrade the off hand to 493 or upgrade the main hand again to 497? Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

I'd take the lazy route, and wait. The first part of LFR has a 1h agi axe from the last boss of that part, ilvl 502. Unless you are raiding with your guild, and want the extra ilvl to aid progression, wait.

If you want to upgrade, go 497 mh. Then you can use it until you have 2 ToT weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    With this possibly being the last week of upgrades, I have a question. I have both fists from Gara'jal Normal and have upgraded my main hand from 489 -> 493. Now I will have enough valor to upgrade one more time before the patch, if it is March 5th. So my question is, should I upgrade the off hand to 493 or upgrade the main hand again to 497? Thanks, any help will be appreciated.
    Mainhand so when you replace one of them with an LFR in 5.2 you won't be kicking yourself for splitting upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I'd say MH.

That way when you get one of the ToT LFR or Normal mode weapons, you have a 497 offhand. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what the others have said, though there are two things you should consider first:

1) 5.2 will likely not come out until the 12th at the very least, as Blizz said, going into last week, that you would have enough time to cap on valor (aka 3 more weeks, meaning the 12th)
    2) There are 522s available for valor from the raiding faction from neutral, and a blue has said you should be friendly after one boss kill, meaning going into 5.2 with 3k valor, or as close to it as possible, is ideal, so you can quickly have a couple 522 pieces, which will be a far larger upgrade than 4 ilvls on a weapon that you will likely be able to replace fairly quickly. If you had claws of shek'zeer (normal or heroic) or heroic Gara'jal fists, it might be worth upgrading, but to be honest, it isn't really worth upgrading what you have, unless you would be capping valor this week.

Basically, if you had over 1k at the start of this week, then upgrading would be worth it, as long as you capped both this week and next week, so that you would not be wasting valor, but would be as close to cap as you could be going into 5.2

Thanks for all the info. I will probably just hoard all my valor then waiting for 5.2 items.