Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Terms and other things that annoys you

I had one issue in my mind but forgot it already. But other thing that has been always kinda annoying me, is that everyone calls damage dealers "dps". How the hell did people come up with this stupid name at the first place? Dps means "damage per second", it cannot be name of class's role. Dps is what damage dealer does.

Do you have similar things that just wonders you?

Your role as a DPS is to do as much DPS you humanly can. I think the term DPS is more than fitting.

Deleted
    Its like calling a drawer a "drawing"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would of asked a inscriptionist, but I only knew a enchantment shaman. They could of spent all they're glod at the action house instead.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    No. No it's not.

Deleted
    thats why on german servers you usually say dd for damage dealer instead of dps (at least on all german servers i was on )

The term that pisses me off the most is "Noob, nab, scrub".

That and /spit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    No. No it's not.
    Damage dealer does damage per second

Drawer does drawing

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I would of asked a inscriptionist, but I only knew a enchantment shaman. They could of spent all they're glod at the action house instead.
    You just broke my brain and inspired rage the likes of which even hell itself could not imagine. I hope you're happy.

The main one that bugs me is saying 'brought' when you mean 'bought'. But that's mainly because the person I sit next to at work does this and happens to say it all the time for one reason or another. RAAAAGE.

WoW related stuff.... I dunno, most of it I just lol at. Like rouges. So overpowdered.

Deleted
    Btw how do people write "would of" instead of "would have", even the natives do that constantly. I mean, people do know how to read and stuff... its not like they have to learn english just by listening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damage dealer does damage per second

Drawer does drawing
    drawers are a thing you put clothes in

An artist draws
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Lame but livable tier:
    Tank
    DPS

Annoying, but okay tier:
    Toon
    Lowbie
    LOS
    Most any stupid abbreviation

If you use these, you're probably a horrible human being and should be left bleeding in the moonlight tier:
    Noob
    A Bad
    Bads
    Baddies
    Scrub
    ANYONE who says "We lose." in a BG. They deserve a special kick in the face.

Practically no one uses those terms in a way in which anyone with an ounce of good moral character could. Especially bad is "bads" and "a bad". It should be known as a sign of mental illness, or something :x

Also, not related to WoW, but I hated how every console player seemingly now, after about 2001 or so, calls the single player of a game a "campaign". That doesn't really jive well with non-war games.

Deleted
    Yeah, many times i have seen people saying like "stay los" when they mean "stay out of line of sight". What the... Its like people have lost the very basics of grammar when they enter in wow.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-02-13 at 04:34 PM.

Cool

There are many things in language that will drive you nuts.. if you are OCD. Why do we call it a building? It's finished, it should be a "built".. but those are types of things we say it and forget like cold as hell.. that's a COMPLETE incorrect terminology, but we let that go...

So should you... it's just a phrase it doesn't HAVE to mean something ALL the time, it's a way to describe. Instead of saying need a damage dealer or a non-tank non-healer, we simply say DPS!

It seems relevant because that is EXACTLY what you are doing, DPS. It's not used as noun, it's used a verb, that's where you are getting confused.
    Try to be a tad more tolerant, you are going to pop a blood vessel... it's not that serious!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    There are many things in language that will drive you nuts.. if you are OCD. Why do we call it a building? It's finished, it should be a "built".. but those are types of things we say it and forget like cold as hell.. that's a COMPLETE incorrect terminology, but we let that go...
    In Dante’s Inferno, Satan is portrayed as a giant beast, frozen mid-breast in ice at the center of Hell. And given how much of our concept of Hell is shaped by things like the Commedia, well, it's not incorrect at all
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Xfer for transfer.

Just ugh.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Xfer for transfer.

Just ugh.
    xrealm for crossrealm i get but what is the logic behind this?

DM because of its ambiguity. I also resented huntard for the longest time.

For me one (there are many) that annoy me in game is people talking about their "gears". Listen people, a collection of weapons and armour can be called "Gear" (for example: Camping Gear). "Gears" are more to do with interlocking "cogs" than items you wear and fight with! Gear already IS plural - you don't need to add an "s" to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The term "jelly" for "jealous" instantly makes me want to inflict physical pain on whoever uses it. :P

It's not cute, it's ridiculous. Jelly is something you put on a sandwich.