10+ Year Old Account

Wow just shuts down

Hi, over the last few days my Wow has just been shutting down after a few minutes of use. I havent changed anything, or downloaded any addons or anything. I will login and will be flying to where ever i want to go and wow will just shut down with no error messages or anything. I dont know what to do but its annoying me, i tried updating the addons that i already had installed and that didnt help. Anyone have any ideas?

Try delete wow\cache and wow\data\cache

If that doesn't help delete (or rename) whole wtf and interface folders.

If that still doesn't work, time to reinstall the game.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    will i lose any information by deleting those folders or will i have to redo my action bars and settings for other addons if i delete them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    will i lose any information by deleting those folders or will i have to redo my action bars and settings for other addons if i delete them?
    You'll lose all macroes and addon settings. Your keybindings are saved on the server though, I think, so those should be kept.
    Just making sure, you're not using a keybinding called alt+f4 are you?

Did your mom set a... nevermind.

It sounds to me like a memory error. You run out of memory, either from your RAM or graphics card RAM, and your game in return shuts down.

As with always in a computer-related thread, I recommend that you post the specs of your computer (processor, graphics card, etc.) so people can help you better.

If you delete your wtf and inferface/addons folders, yes you will lose all your settings. You can however just move them someplace else while you test this out (for example, the desktop).
    Clearing your cache folder shouldn't hurt your addons or settings.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    You'll lose all macroes and addon settings. Your keybindings are saved on the server though, I think, so those should be kept.
    lol no im not

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Macros are server side.

On-Topic: Are you noticing a lot of HDD / SSD, Memory usage just before the shut down?

10+ Year Old Account
    im not sure, i dont really know what im looking for. However when wow shuts down i've noticed that it stays open in my processes and i have to manually end the process. Or sometimes it wont allow me to end the process.

when it just shut down i was using 1.77gb of memory and my cpu usage was at 37% if that helps.
    Last edited by gutnbrg; 2013-02-13 at 03:53 PM.

Memory usage seems a little high but 37% CPU may be normal depending on the processor.

Have you checked Event Viewer for any info?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450