Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    most are definitely close to insignificant imo, the only one people may actually notice is the node uses bonus.
    other than that, very few (no one?) will notice the xp/gold/armor/etc bonus at all. i mean, does even someone actually care about hose?

not to mention you don't need a guild to benefit from wvw buffs ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is meaningless and one still wouldn't need a "big" guild in most circumstances to partake in world PVP. Or in this case, WvW. Which has small/minor boons almost totally irrelevant to individual play.
    Its meaningless in your opinion but not to PvPers. Real Pvp only players only care about one thing. Killing opponents. Being in a large guild increases your chance in WvW of being on the winning end of most fights you participate in, rather than not being in a guild and running around in WvW doing your own thing or following a unorganized zerg around.

If you dont find any meaning in killing other players thats fine but pvpers wont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    What? The WvW bonuses are pretty significant:
    There is no way to guarantee those bonuses day or week to week. Power of the Mists effects everyone.

Being in a "big" is irrelevant to this bonus. And the practical application of those WvW bonuses are in the long run, insignificant.

The only person who brought up world pvp was Zeek Daniels. Your last paragraph there has no bearing on my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its meaningless in your opinion but not to PvPers.
    You are ranting about some argument that exists in your imagination.

Thread premise: Do I need a big guild?
    OP inquiry: What are the benefits of being in a bigger guild?

This argument you are bringing up about personal opinion, PVPers and so on has no relevance to the Original Post, thread premise or my statement on the matter.

To wit~

The bonuses supplied by WvW are mostly insignificant to everyday play and the efforts of any group. Or guild as the case may be here.

So, no. There is no real need to be in a "big" guild in Guild Wars 2 as per the OP's inquiry. Buffs are inconsistent and insignificant to individual play in the long term.

Guilds in Guild Wars 2 are social clubs of a sort.
    I don't care about personal enjoyment at all. Just like I don't give two flips about anyone's favorite pizza toppings.

There is no objective benefit to being in a "big" guild to any one individual other than the minor buffs supplied.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-15 at 11:27 PM. Reason: sounded too mean.

@Fencers

In my original post responding to your post where you said "Guild Wars 2 is probably the MMO where a guild is most irrelevant." And i said that in WvW being in a guild is important for pvpers. The OP might not be a pvper so from a PvE aspect it maybe irrelevant but from a WvW PvP aspect big Guilds are a must or your going to be doing alot more dieing against organized groups.

@Fencers

In my original post responding to your post where you said "Guild Wars 2 is probably the MMO where a guild is most irrelevant." And i said that in WvW being in a guild is important for pvpers. The OP might not be a pvper so from a PvE aspect it maybe irrelevant but from a WvW PvP aspect big Guilds are a must or your going to be doing alot more dieing against organized groups.
    this is BS

snip
    big guilds in gw2 are as of much use as vents and the such : nice when you can have it and make use of it, and anything but mandatory otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Fencers

No they arent, someone spammed in map chat to join his vent server so a load of us did and we had a blast, no guild needed at all.

kind of offtopic but Dray, I thought you quit a long time ago? I'm sort of surprised to see you playing again knowing how, seemingly, you dislike the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did announce a new found tolerance about a month ago. I found oujt a friend had returned and thugh okay, one last try and in all honesty I can say I still am majorly dissapointed but I now realise I was overly critical due to getting on board the hype train, I allowed myself get carried away with the obnoxious PR spin from anet and the over the top praise from the likes of total biscuit. But the break I took was enough for me to be able to come back with a new outlook on the game as a super casual, almost single player action rpg instead of what im used to in all my other mmo's. I might even suggest I was harshly critical, but I still stand by most of my issues when I could have been classed as a hater. Now im a tolerator.
    The game deserves a good fan base and praise for trying if only anet hadnt spun this game so much I might have been hooked from launch.
    Also I found a class that allows me to basically play like a lot of mmos, whereby I can tank and spank fights, my guardian tank build is a huge amount of funand allows me to generally bypass one of the worst mechanics in mmo's today - dodge.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-02-16 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is no way to guarantee those bonuses day or week to week. Power of the Mists effects everyone.

Being in a "big" is irrelevant to this bonus. And the practical application of those WvW bonuses are in the long run, insignificant.

The only person who brought up world pvp was Zeek Daniels. Your last paragraph there has no bearing on my posts.
    I'm agreeing with you on the guild stuff

I just don't agree that the WvW bonuses are insignificant. Just because the bonuses aren't thrown in everyones face doesn't mean they don't have a large impact.

My last sentence was directed at Zeek, was just too lazy to quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beeing in a big guild help a lot for party in WvW and badges loot. But you can also do it with pugs so i dont have a guild ^^