Deleted

Resto Shaman or Druid?

Hello guys! I've decided to get another healer to max level, for PvPing. Im a 2.2k experienced Paladin and enjoy the style of Paladin with fast casts and shitloads of instantheals.

Im looking for something similar. I want to level a Druid or Shaman because they both have travelforms, that's one of the main reasons.

So what should i go for? Positve/Negative stuff to think about? I wan't to play the class who needs the most skill to be good with.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mmoccfb9ec4e0d; 2013-02-13 at 03:34 PM.

This is my personal Opinion, and it's purely based on playstyle from a 10 man raiding perspective. From a 5.1 point of view, Disc priests are just completely overpowered and will make healing on any other class less enjoyable (especially druids) due to the amount of pure absorbs they do that leaves you feeling less useful. (60%+ healing from absorbs)

Fun Fact - Shamans are based highly on Crit/Spirit in a 10 man environment, whereas Druids are based on Mastery/Haste Breakpoints.

Shaman
    Based almost entirely on hard casting quick abilities (1.5 cast times after riptide for 2 casts) combined with tons of stack healing mechanics.

Pros
    Amazing burst healing due to a large ammount of healing cooldowns.
    Spammable/Stackable Aoe Healing
    higher healing at low health

Cons
    Hard to do any amount of healing while moving when Spiritwalker's Grace is on cooldown.
    Hard to AoE heal while spread out

Druid
    Based almost entirely on HoT, you will rarely hardcast any heals, and doing so will OoM you fairly quickly.

Pros
    Tons of maneuverability
    Strong tank healing due to Lifebloom/Clearcasting Procs/Natures Swiftness
    Decent spread AoE healing

Cons
    Weak On-Demand high AoE healing.
    Only has Tranq for healing cooldowns.
    Rejuv actually feels very week compared to other class HoTs, 5.2 will bring a double buff to Rejuv -9% cost, +10% healing.

My personal opinion is that Shamans are better in a raiding environment. I don't PvP much, but if that's what you're looking for I would recommend Resto Druid because they have alot of maneuverability and just general All-Around goodness and fun.
    Last edited by Sinnerbenkei; 2013-02-13 at 09:53 PM.

shaman is easier imo. and stronger right now. druids aren't getting anything really to change that, so i'd just stick with shaman.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnerbenkei View Post
    This is my personal Opinion, and it's purely based on playstyle from a 10 man raiding perspective. From a 5.1 point of view, Disc priests are just completely overpowered and will make healing on any other class less enjoyable (especially druids) due to the amount of pure absorbs they do that leaves you feeling less useful. (60%+ healing from absorbs)

Fun Fact - Shamans are based highly on Crit/Spirit in a 10 man environment, whereas Druids are based on Mastery/Haste Breakpoints.

Shaman
    Based almost entirely on hard casting quick abilities (1.5 cast times after riptide for 2 casts) combined with tons of stack healing mechanics.

Pros
    Amazing burst healing due to a large ammount of healing cooldowns.
    Spammable/Stackable Aoe Healing
    higher healing at low health

Cons
    Hard to do any amount of healing while moving when Spiritwalker's Grace is on cooldown.
    Hard to AoE heal while spread out

Druid
    Based almost entirely on HoT, you will rarely hardcast any heals, and doing so will OoM you fairly quickly.

Pros
    Tons of maneuverability
    Strong tank healing due to Lifebloom/Clearcasting Procs/Natures Swiftness
    Decent spread AoE healing

Cons
    Weak On-Demand high AoE healing.
    Only has Tranq for healing cooldowns.
    Rejuv actually feels very week compared to other class HoTs, 5.2 will bring a double buff to Rejuv -9% cost, +10% healing.

My personal opinion is that Shamans are better in a raiding environment. I don't PvP much, but if that's what you're looking for I would recommend Resto Druid because they have alot of maneuverability and just general All-Around goodness and fun.
    Well, he's looking for PvP... and disc priest is a big no-no there.

I'd say rdruid. More utility, more usefulness, and pretty damned powerful. A good rdruid is a BITCH to kill.

EDIT: In RBGs, Druids > shamans.
    Last edited by Harakhte; 2013-02-13 at 11:28 PM.

Druids are very much capable healers in 10man raids and 2man healing.
    But they struggle in 25man, lack of large AoE healing capabilities and on demand burst healing.
    Sinnerbenkei's summary is pretty spot on. But thats based on PvE.

You're wondering about PvP.
    Shamans and Resto druids aren't much off, but again, the pure burst healing capabilities and ease for Shamans shrug off any multi target pressure makes them supreme in Arena.

Even with Shamans being superior, i still very much prefer playing my druid.
    The toolsset a Druid offers is so much more versatile then a Shaman has in terms of support.
    Cyclones, Roots, high mobility and maneuverability.

Playing my Druid i find i can pull off alot more impressive things then as a Shaman.
    I'm just having much more fun playing my Druid then my Shaman. Working with all the tools they have. Playing with stealth, knockbacks, roots and some of the most reliable CC really puts Shaman versatility to shame. Especially if you're rocking Heart of the Wild.

Having said that, if you really enjoy the paladin style of fast casting, Shamans are better suited for it.
    Last edited by Powell; 2013-02-13 at 11:03 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want