Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There is not a single thing I will ever miss from cataclysm. That expansion was just completely AWFUL.

I actually like Cata more than MOP. I know it's been said 100 times but doing all those daily quests and valor capping is really burning me out.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Some people posit that the sub loss was due to people running out of things to do. Some people posit it was a combination.

People rarely quit "for one reason." And as for "after Wrath dungeons being so easy," that's another fallible point. You couldn't chain pull trash mobs in H Pit of Saron; they'd quickly overwhelm and wipe you.
    False. Maybe you couldn't, but with some gear you very well could.

That's not to say that Wrath's heroics were piss easy. The real issue is everyone compared 4.0 heroics to 3.3 heroics with everyone in t9+ gear. In 3.0 they were a decent challenege. Probably about 30% harder than Mists' heroics (which are a bit too easy)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The best libram was the emblem one from T7. It lasted the whole expansion.
    Looking at the Librams, I remember that. Although I switched it out with the PvP Libram to boost my FoL. I didn't spam HL like many others. I preferred to rotate my spells based on HS crits with the instacast FoL following. But I was thinking of trinkets instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    False. Maybe you couldn't, but with some gear you very well could.

That's not to say that Wrath's heroics were piss easy. The real issue is everyone compared 4.0 heroics to 3.3 heroics with everyone in t9+ gear. In 3.0 they were a decent challenege. Probably about 30% harder than Mists' heroics (which are a bit too easy)
    Do observe that I wrote "the standard PuG group."

With everyone in ICC 10 gear, of course you could chain pull them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope still didn't like Cata. MoP is fine, its just a little boring right now because it's end of content patch.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Do observe that I wrote "the standard PuG group."

With everyone in ICC 10 gear, of course you could chain pull them.
    My bad, I always duo-queued with my healer friend. so that was my "standard"

I think I now sound real douchy
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    If Cataclysm is suddenly good, then it means that MoP is even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Vanilla and tBC only because I had so much time (was slacking off in highschool) to dedicate into those two games. If I had a job/college when Vanilla/tBC was around. . .I probably would've hated it. Vanilla and tBC were also both new gaming experiences for me.

Only liked Wrath because of the lore figures. . .as well as Cata. I've enjoyed all the leveling of each expansion, including MoP.

Only reason why I havent cared for MoP is because there aren't any lore figures that I would normally look forward to (Illidan, Arthas, Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras, Titans, Deathwing, etc). Then again, using an expansion to really branch out a minor figure from the old warcraft games (Panderan) was a smart move on Blizz's part (IMO).

From what I've played of MoP (not the past few months) I'd still say MoP is a good expansion, but not one I personally want to pay 15 bucks a month to continue playing. However that's just my personal opinion, millions would disagree with me.
    Last edited by GuiltyCrown; 2013-02-16 at 03:38 AM.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like Cataclysm when it was current and I don't like it now. I dislike it to the point where I won't play any of my alts past Northrend anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    OK may be not shit, but not as good as you made it.

Kara is by far the "most interesting" raid IMO, and for epic-ness, Ulduar, they tried to re-create that Ulduar feel in ICC but just didn't feel the same.

But everyone have different taste, so if ICC is your favourite, no one can argue that, just not my favourite that's all.

Dark chocolate is disgusting :P to each their own
    To be fair i just said "one of the best raids". I didnt say it was THE ultimate best one ever xoxo :P
    Kara and naxx are easily in the top with icc on my list of best raids ever.

And also... dark chocolate is an acquiered taste like whiskey and olives just to mention a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Anyone else noticing the gradual nostalgia that's growing on these forums lately? I'm seeing a lot of "Pandaria is boring, at least Cata had XYZ" popping up, and if you look at their posts from last year near the end of Cata they were ripping it a new one in their comments.

I think we all knew this was going to happen, I just find it funny that it's happening so early this time around.
    Don't be fooled. The other day a poll asked "which xpac was the worst" and Cata won with well over 50% of the vote. Blizzard is largely correct when they talk about "the silent majority." MMO-Champion and forums tend to draw the most extreme players, and about 33-50% of these extreme players were the only ones to like Cata and hate on Mists the day it was announced.

Deleted
    Mop sucks Cata sucked the only decent x-PAC we had recently was wotlk. Even that wasn't that great but it was bearable. The last x-pac I had fun in was tbc. So ur last x-pac nostalgia philosophy is false. All u have too do is look at mop and u"ll see how far this game has fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i fixed that for you

but on topic, i dont have any rose tinted nostaligia glasses on, cata was shit. we all know it was shit and anyone really trying to convince us all it was great, is just trolling.

in fact, there was a "whats your least favourite expansion" thread yesterday with a vote, cata was way out in the lead on that, so although there are probably a few out there who really enjoyed cata (likely people who started end of wrath/throughout cata), there's still plenty more who realise just how bad it sucked.

MoP is a huge improvement - whilst dailies aren't everyones cup of tea, there is enough content to keep people occupied outside of dailies - not forgetting that MoP introduced challenge modes, scenarios, LFR for every raid and pet battles. it might be debateable as to which works for you, but thats still an ass-load more content than cata had.

edit - before anyone flames me for this, i ofc realise cata did the 1-60 content, which was huge in itself, but for anyone who started before mid-wotlk, thats a lot of content that doesn't really mean much to you, other than the ability to fly over azeroth to bore yourself to death with archaeology. when i heard cata would re-do 1-60, i kinda expected a 40/60 split in terms of workload, 60% of the blizz workforce working on new endgame content, 40% working on the 1-60 shizzle - whereas in reality it worked to be something like 85% rehash, 15% endgame. blizz underestimated the cost of revamping old azeroth and thats what made cata pretty shit. nothing can ever change that.

cata was also the expansion where i left (out of boredom) to try other games, skyrim, rift and 6 months playing swtor, it was also the expansion that pretty systematically broke my guild - it'd have to be a pretty solid nostaligia trip to make me forget about that.

edit 2: also, they cancelled the abyssal maw raid AND the well of eternity raid, then changed WoE into a 5 man, mucho dissapointo.
    this = perfect analysis. Also, you can't consider the 1-60 revamp Cata since it was a pre-Cata patch technically speaking. Anyway, Cata was awful and made me sick of WoW as it did most other players

Each expansion has tried a different method to impress people. Vanilla was an appeal to the raiders from Everquest and Warcraft fans. Burning Crusade was another attempt to appeal to raiders. Wrath was an appeal to a more casual audience. Cataclysm was an appeal to a hardcore crowd, again because apparently Wrath was "too easy." Mists is an appeal to the average player as it tries to give everyone something to do.

Say what you will but the game itself has never been "bad" or "good." It's been excellent and I have never had a bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Cata end game was not good. I remember maxxing out the starter reps in the first few weeks (senior collage finals, graduation, holidays). Then saying well, might get to farming herbs for raid cauldrons. The first tier was interesting as well the second aside from rhyolith. Dragon soul I remember my group going in and one shotting the first three bosses. Didn't do the fourth since we ran out of raid time that night.
    Unless your guild played on the PTR i can't believe you "1 shotted" the second or third bosses. God damn people using these forums to stroke their own ego.

Yes, cataclysm is suddenly good now that the novelty of MoP has worn out.
    The best thing about WoW is not the community, the game play, the end-game, the quality, etc. All of those are fairly mediocre by today's standards.
    The best thing about WoW is the nostalgia, and for that reason the current expansion/patch will always be generally viewed as crap, while older expansions/patches will be venerated.

It's like high school, you complain about it endlessly while you're there, but 5 years later you look back and say "best time of my life". Not because your current life is worse, but because certain types of experience are better appreciated in memory, not during the experience itself.

I didnt complain about BC one bit...not even once. I loved it then and still do.

Because a bad expansion can have good things about it. People forget how shitty most things were and remember the thing that was good compared to MoP's similar, but worse, thing.

I.e., you could gear up your alts through dungeons and go into LFR in a short period of time during Cata. Now, gearing up an alt is a more involved and lengthy process. People enjoyed Cata's gearing process for their alts more than MoP's. So, even though everything else in Cata may have sucked, they remember being able to gear up alts faster and easier and then have this memory of Cata being good and enjoyable compared to MoP.

An expansion won't ever be just flat out better. They will always change things about this, that, and the other thing, and some things may be better and some things may be worse. It happens every time and it fully explains why people complain about the current expansion and praise the previous one. It's not confounding at all.

Cata started out very rough, leveled out and was ok in the middle, got horrible again, and ultimately ended on a good note. I'd happily erase all memories of Wrath from my head, though.

By "good note" I mean I said goodbye with a friendly handshake and a smile, but wasn't sad to see it go. I left Wrath screaming in bloodlust and stabbing it in the chest.
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2013-02-16 at 04:24 AM.