Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are Orcs just naturally destined to be evil or bad?

While I don't think Orcs are as a whole race, ''evil'', it seems when they're not kept in check, they always inevitably go nuts, or Sith Lord levels of bad, a more recent example being Garrosh, and all his mindless followers. Thrall is only level headed, because he was raised by humans, but not including him, most Orcs always go bad, or do mistakes that are often cleaned up by other races.

Discuss.

This is actually why I don't want Thrall to come back, I want a non-human raised orc to take charge and prove they're not all doomed to eventually turn evil without humanities pacifying influence.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Only orcs tained by demonic blood have been shown to be that aggressive and "evil". Before that point the orcs were an honorable and fairly peaceful warrior race with roots in shamanism.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Orcs, are like the Krogan. They had a perfectly functioning society until a greater race came and "elevated" them in order to fight a war they had no part in.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Only orcs tained by demonic blood have been shown to be that aggressive and "evil". Before that point the orcs were an honorable and fairly peaceful warrior race with roots in shamanism.
    That's not entirely true. They were always at conflict with each other, and although Kil'Jaeden is the lord of deception, they blindly submitted to his demands, and their downfall began from there. They're easily duped by power.

Edit: Ner'zhul is a good example. He opposed Kil'Jaeden, but in due time, he also lost his mind.

I love being the bad/evil guys in games. Let them be more evil!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    That's not entirely true. They were always at conflict with each other, and although Kil'Jaeden is the lord of deception, they blindly submitted to his demands, and their downfall began from there. They're easily duped by power.

Edit: Ner'zhul is a good example. He opposed Kil'Jaeden, but in due time, he also lost his mind.
    I didn't say they never had any fights. I just mean they weren't evil. They're still not. Aggressive, perhaps. Warrior-race, yes. But not evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    This is actually why I don't want Thrall to come back, I want a non-human raised orc to take charge and prove they're not all doomed to eventually turn evil without humanities pacifying influence.
    Pacifying influence? I don't think the majority of human influence on Thrall would be correctly called "pacifying". If anything, he grew up the way he did despite the human influences, not because of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is gettin' there, though....

http://www.wowpedia.org/General_Grebo

Care to try that again?
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Well Orc's certainly have... potential, like Mannoroth stated when he first saw Broxigar the red at the great war.

Every lesser race can so easily be tainted, they look brutish to begin with... I guess they are as easy to get to the evil side as humans.

The exception does not make the rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

http://www.wowpedia.org/Questownfall

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    The exception does not make the rule.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Saurboz

Mag'har are depicted as bloodthirsty just like the green orcs unfortunately.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    One exception doesn't make the entirety of the orc race evil and aggressive.

We can say the same about humans. They try to expand. They kill. Think of the Defias. They're just as corrupt. So why do we paint the orcs as a race that is just evil and predisposed to murder and mayhem and act like humans are perfect angels?

15+ Year Old Account

We can say the same about humans. They try to expand. They kill. Think of the Defias. They're just as corrupt. So why do we paint the orcs as a race that is just evil and predisposed to murder and mayhem and act like humans are perfect angels?
    because the Orcs look like monsters therefore they must be monsters

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    because the Orcs look like monsters therefore they must be monsters
    Exactly. The orcs are a shamanistic warrior society bound by rules of honor, like the tauren. They do expand, they do go to war, and obviously they're good at fighting and killing. That doesn't make them evil.

Exactly. The orcs are a shamanistic warrior society bound by rules of honor, like the tauren. They do expand, they do go to war, and obviously they're good at fighting and killing. That doesn't make them evil.
    It just makes them prone to great idiocy.

I think blizzard wants it to remain a philosophical question of "are people innately evil or good, or will they be victims of circumstance?", which I suppose works because every expansion we have some 3rd party which is inherently and obviously evil.

Okay you are COMPLETELY Sticking words in my mouth.

I'm getting tired of this.

All I pointed out was that not all Mag'har are sweetness and light and that there is something VERY wrong with blizz's depiction of the Horde and what they've told us of their origins.

NOWHERE did I say all orcs are always evil.
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    And again, i'm drawn back to Mass Effect's Krogan. They had a perfectly functioning society until a greater species (Eredar/Salarians) elevated them in order to fight their enemy (Draenei/Rachni). And then shit went wrong