[Balance] 2H Throne of Thunder Mace

Just saw the 2H SP mace (Invocation of the Dawn) from Throne of Thunder over at the paladins forums.

My druid just hit 90 this past weekend so I'm a bit unfamiliar with the class, but I was wondering what your thoughts on this mace was for balance and/or resto.
    From my understanding, Mastery is a weaker stat for balance so idk if this makes this less attractive, but....thoughts?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery indeed is not a good stat, also MH/OH generally beats a 2H wep, doubt this time it'll be different.
    Also the amount of available weps seems huge

This probably isn't what you're asking, but I think a caster two handed mace is awesome even though I won't be able to use it on any toon I plan on putting any time into. I hope the graphic is all scepter-y and cool.

I think 2h weapons are awesome and I would love to see them balanced against MH+OH so the choice is only cosmetic or for stat choice instead of stat increase.

Was so sad to see the fist weapon change from spirit+crit to spirit+mastery :<

Yeah, it seems like it just doesn't match up to a MH+OH combo. Maybe it's just because I'm currently playing a pally, but carrying a giant mace just seems so much cooler than a dinky dagger and fan.

Why would they even add this if there are so many (significantly) better options out there? As far as I am aware, all classes that could use this would benefit more from MH+OH.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Same here, finally something different from daggers/maces and it gets screwed
    I mean, what's the point of having Fist Weapon proficiency and only two possible choices, with one being completely outdated and the other not even released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I think 2h weapons are awesome and I would love to see them balanced against MH+OH so the choice is only cosmetic or for stat choice instead of stat increase.

Thought there was a Spirit+Crit and Spirit+Mastery fist weapon.

over our "bis" option based on stats (Nadagast's Exsanguinator and Lei-Shen's Orb of Command) we lose:

140 int
    354 crit
    3 sp

(numbers based on using potent gems for both slots, assuming that they will be better with higher ilvl and a hotw build)

its the equivalent of losing about 2 gems, really.

however, the dagger does have hit on it, and if we can make hitcap without losing crit on any other gear and without using the weapon/offhand slot, they'll be about even since the dagger has hit on it which is a "wasted stat". mastery isn't that bad (granted, its still the worst) for us either, its almost the same as haste after breakpoints in terms of value. i for one plan to jimmy my gear together in such a fashion that even if the mace isn't the worlds best it won't be too far off of optimal - i mean, MOONKIN WITH A GIANT HAMMER, too awesome, right?

edit: with just a preliminary look at the gear theres so many items that are just too good (haste/crit EVERYWHERE) it might be hard to justify using the mace as you'd have to take some weird gemming options to maintain hitcap netting int loss or crit loss in other places. probably not worth it, which makes me sad.
    Last edited by crunk; 2013-02-13 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    its really not the best itemization you can imagine... but its a 2h mace !

Heck yeah, even if it isn't BIS, not that I do much more than LFR being able to mog it to the Earthwarden is nice.