Deleted

Bots are Blizzards perfect customers...

...and heres why.

1. Bots are longterm customers, or potentially longterm customers, who will always pay their sub fee.

2. Bots never go to the forums to QQ about anything.

3. Bots keep quiet and never complain about anything. They dont care if PvP is imbalanced, that some classes are OP or that the latest boss mechanics are broken. They dont care if 25man raiding is dying, or that alot of game lore is inconsistant or meaningless. They dont have an opinion on Pandas, farmville or pokeman pet battles.

4. Bots wont ever be infracted for spamming trade or insulting other players cos they remain silent and never interact with the rest of the community.

5. Bots dont care if they play on dead realms.

6. Bots give the illusion of a realm being busy during offpeak playtimes.

7. Bots dont care what Blizzard does to the game, theyll never have an opinion or criticise.

8. Bots never need support cos if they ever get a technical issue they must fix it themselves, consequently taking pressure off Blizzards support network.

9. Bots will never send a GM an ingame ticket.

10. Bots dont care if the community is turning on itself and dying on its ass. Because they dont need goodwill or friends to play.

With this all in mind doesnt it look like Blizzard has spotted these facts and they realise theyd rather have a game full of mindless bots than real people with real needs and real opinions?

Arent these the perfect customers for Blizzard?

Afterall they each pay the same sub fee as everyone else every month right...

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    ...and heres why.

1. Bots are longterm customers, or potentially longterm customers, who will always pay their sub fee.
    Except that they pay those subs with usually stolen credit card numbers, meaning that blizzard has to spend money not only in returning the sub fee, but also to get that leak taken care of.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Except that they pay those subs with usually stolen credit card numbers, meaning that blizzard has to spend money not only in returning the sub fee, but also to get that leak taken care of.
    methinks ur getting hackers and botters mixed up... botters r normal players who farm the game content using a botting program rather than sitting at their keyboard to do it.

Hackers illegally take control of accounts and steal the assets of the accounts toons (gold gear etc.).

Clearly you don't understand business. All your "points" boil down to "Bot's don't make waves". While this is true, it really has absolutely nothing to do with what Blizzard would consider a "good customer". A good customer is one that brings in the most amount of revenue for the least amount of expense. Revenue minus expense equals profit. With this proper definition we realize that bots are, in fact, Blizzard's WORST customers. Bots can stay online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - sucking up resources. Resources that cost money.

For the past couple months, I have been Blizzard's perfect customer. Continuing payment with zero use while I waited for my subscription to wind down prior to termination. All those people who pay for a month's worth of WoW but only log on for a couple hours? That's perfection.

From a profitability standpoint, Blizzard couldn't give two shits difference between a bot who never posts criticism and a rabid fan/hater who shouts their love/hate at the top of their lungs. This negates the vast majority of your listed points. The only one that approaches legitimacy is the claim that bots don't open tickets. However, real people are constantly opening tickets to report bots, so even that one doesn't help Blizzard in the end.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-02-13 at 05:56 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    normal customers don't like bots, seeing lots of bots around makes normal players quit and reduces the amount of normal players, without normal players to buy gold the need for bots decreases

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually wouldn't Blizzard's perfect customer be the person enjoying themselves and spreading their enjoyment through word of mouth to non players in the hopes that they join in the fun, hence more customer's for Blizzard.

Problem with Botter's is once they realize they are just wasting their money paying for a monthly subscription and the cost to maintain and run a computer for a game they aren't actually playing, they will quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    methinks ur getting hackers and botters mixed up... botters r normal players who farm the game content using a botting program rather than sitting at their keyboard to do it.

Hackers illegally take control of accounts and steal the assets of the accounts toons (gold gear etc.).
    Sorry, but you are misunderstanding. Yes, even from Blizzard's mouth, most botters are stolen accounts.

Also you forgot to mention that even a single botter ruins the economy of that realm substantially. That's not a good thing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bots are the perfect customers. But they are not the perfect fans.

And that's what makes Blizz different from Korean MMO companies. Korean MMO Companies want customers, while Blizz wants fans.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I dunno guys. I see entire forums full of players dedicated to using their own accounts to farm and sell gold for real money. Using bots to gather.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Blizzard, bots are very often stolen accounts and accounts paid for with fraudulent credit cards. As such, there's really nothing useful to discuss about this and I can't see the thread being constructive in any way so I'm going to close this.

In the future, please do not make pointless threads.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."