Poll: Which side Blizz favorite more

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    They favor the Horde. There's only one innkeeper in Shrine of Seven Stars, while Horde has an upstairs innkeeper near the portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You really wouldn't ask this question if you ever saw a Blizzcon stream.
    I don't think they favor one or the other more. I just think Horde fans are louder and more boisterous than Alliance players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they favor one or the other more. I just think Horde fans are louder and more boisterous than Alliance players.
    They personally heavily favor Horde. It's no secret at all.

But I don't feel like it bleeds over into game design that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    They personally heavily favor Horde. It's no secret at all.

But I don't feel like it bleeds over into game design that much.
    Oh if we're talking personal preference among the staff, I've got to agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Oh come on. The Horde had practically 0 lore in WotLK. The biggest connection (Ner'zhul) was removed in a book. Alliance had Vrykul, Iron Dwarves, Mechagnomes and even Arthas himself.

And what about vanilla? Alliance had far more zones to level in. And they had Frostsabers, while the Horde equivalent was just released in Cataclysm.
    Shall we compare Stormwind with Orgrimmar? One being a vibrant city and the other completely devoid of life? Yes, I'm talking about NPCs to make it feel alive.
    What about the rather end-game quests at the time, rescueing Magni's daughter? That quest heavily favored Alliance since the Horde had no connection to it. Or what about the Onyxia attunement quest? It makes a lot more sense and is way more fleshed out on Alliance side.

The only thing that has favored Horde is Cataclysm. Well, that and quite a few notable people at Blizzard prefer Horde so they're vocal about it. But they probably like playing the underdog.
    lore is irrelavant to who blizzard sets up the more easily down content.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the polls to which I call "dirty polls", because many votes have been cast without any judgment, just based on how radicalized the voters are.

For example, it would have to delete all the votes of the extremist pro-horde and pro-alliance (although I must say that around here there are more of the former than the latter) and it should also be removed the votes of those who believe in Blizzard as an infallible God, that is, the Blizzard's toadies who never will complain about whatever makes their beloved God.

Removing all these radical votes, the truth is that Blizzard favors clearly to the Horde, but this is not new, this has happened since the origin of the Warcraft universe, at the Warcraft 1, where the "bad guys" (the orcs) mercilessly wipe out the "good guys" (the humans), and is just that, this novelty, which pushed the Warcraft universe to success: it broke the "preset rules", the good ones were not as good and the bad ones do not always lose.

Therefore, it is obvious that the Horde is the favorite faction of Blizzard (despite as much as Blizzard tries to camouflage it), and therefore is completely normal that in the Warcraft universe, everything that has to do with the Horde will receive a better deal than anything that has to do with the Alliance.

And I repeat, this is not new: it is what it is, the obvious is obvious. For the Horde!! Lok'tar ogar!!

Deleted
    Well I'm Horde and I stopped watching Blizzcons and other stuff because they made me ashamed for having Horde as my favorite factions. It's kind of sickening that the people who favor the same side as me are the ones to harass and attack people irl over their faction choice on a game and that Blizzard actively supports and encourages this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It get so boring seeing posters still saying 'metzens madly in love with Thrall' like that know what there talking about.

The character hasn't appeared in anything in 5.0, he made 1 appearance in 5.1. WHERE AS Varian has had more involvement in the story then Thrall.

Anyway, Metzen voices and casts Varian in his role too, so your garbage about he only focuses on Thrall is laughable.

Metzen focuses on the ENTIRE story of warcraft, and just because Thrall got to do something in cata you think you figured it all out? Why don't you go get a job at blizzard entertainment if you think you can do better.
    Trassk is at it again, who'd thought. Oh well, everyone who ever had the misfortune of talking to Trassk!

Yes Thrall has been sidelined in MoP so far, mostly because even a lot of Horde were tired of him by the end of Cataclysm. Thrall was there all through Cataclysm, it was pretty much Thrall's story. "Oh Goel! Goel! Goel can you hear me! GOELLLL!"
    All he did was stealing the entire focus from everyone and everything else, having him constantly rubbed in our face alongside his annoying wife Aggra was anything but fun for most players. He stole the fame for pretty much every single last thing we accomplished in Cataclysm, "Thrall the World Shaman!" "Thrall the aspect of earth!" "Thrall the slayer of deathwing!" and I couldn't eat as much as I wanted to throw up when I saw the movie after defeating Deathwing.

He is now gradually coming back as his over representation in Cataclysm, something Blizzard themselves admitted to be an failure especially rubbing him into both factions faces, is fading in people's memory and he becomes more acceptable again.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-02-16 at 12:15 PM.