How good is leveling through bg?

Question in title

thanks

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instances > Quests > BGs

When it comes to exp, nothing beats queuing with 2-3 people for instances

10+ Year Old Account
    Bgs are soooo slow. You can speed it up by queuing during weekends, but its still slower then even questing

Dungeons>quests>bgs

Heck id say even leveling through gathering only is faster then bgs.

Deleted
    If you can guarantee wins on a call to arms it's more than viable, e.g being a resto/boom flag carry on WsG weekend, my druid has literally won every WsG since level 10 (something like 28 in a row now) and the xp is very good. It's not better than dungeons but it's not something to explicitly avoid if the odds of victory are in your favour and the queue isn't too long.

Deleted
    AV is the best BG to level in imo it gives very good xp when it's call to arms

I've tried this several times because I love PvPing and hate questing. And I wish it was just as good as any other way, but it really isn't... Frankly, it sucks. I'd recommend doing dungeons, and when queuing do quests.

we lvlt pretty darn fast in 4.3. we did it as 5 friends. 1 warrior 1 druid(flag protect team) and the 3 rogues where after our flag. lvling was really fast because we always won and we won fast.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Heck id say even leveling through gathering only is faster then bgs.
    Hahahahaha so damn true

Deleted
    it used to be good a long time ago,but it got nerfed hard,its the worst way to level..except on call to arms av,that is decent.
    For me dungeons are as bad,random dungeons at least...maybe if you play with a couple of skilled friends it can be rewarding xp-wise.
    the best is to quest,with heirlooms you slam through mobs and quests,and with good knowledge about quests its insane.
    I remember at lvl49 it still only toke me 10-15min to get a level not long ago.

Get to where you can get random bg's Level 40 or 45 can't remember, then BGs are fast as hell, leveled an enhance shammy in mostly BG's only took ~1day longer than normal and i had ALOT more fun doing it!

It's godawful, you get near enough nothing for a loss and barely enough for a win. Between that risk (I just wasted 25 minutes getting 1%...) and horrendous imbalance, queue times go up which essentially reduce any viability that exists for leveling up in BGs.

As others have pointed out, being a healer/druid in WSG is pretty much an easy win and queueing for BGs with friends at that level is as powerful as queueing up with a full Mael premade to stomp Dread's in BGs. Alliance during AV weekend get it easy, mostly during IoC weekend as well.

Oh, and not having a 2m PvP trinket until 70 is a pain. Unless you're a Human anyway.

Spam winning AV CTA is the only viable way to level up through BGs.

I think you get between 1/4 a bar and a whole bar at 89 for each win depending on the BG and around 1/10 a bar for a loss. So best case scenario you win 20 AVs in a row and go from 89-90 in what 8 hours?

Obviously that's very slow, but also quite fun if that's your thing.

The advantage of PvP leveling, especially when 5.2 hits is that being honor capped lets you buy a few pieces to get yourself into Heroics a lot faster (or already have some Res/PvP power when you start doing 90 BGs). Once 5.2 hits and you can buy epics with honor, it'll definitely be good alternative.

If you can go farm some silver mobs to get some 420 epics (and a nice chunk of XP each time you kill them) and you've got the BoAs from Archaeology and the Pandaria Treasure items, you should be able to do quite a bit of good in BGs. Maybe throw in some Cata conquest gear for some extra PvP power/res in the other slots.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-02-14 at 01:39 AM.

Deleted
    Leveling in BG's seems to have somewhat slowed down, it used to be fast, I could ding a whole level and a half at level 15, i mean i was in full heirlooms but it doesnt seem to be like that nomore AV wins still seem to give the most experience points. I do enjoy leveling through BG's though as its unbalanced and you never knew what level some of the opposing faction were going to be, you would either be pwning or being pwned :P I think thats being changed now though I believe

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    AV COT, 45-49 gave you around 30% exp from loss, 90% from win.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty awful. XP isn't great, class imbalances really shows, and before 40 it really comes down to has more druids/priests on their team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The higher lvl you are, the slower it gets. Queue times might be very long too, and if you happen to quest while in queue, don't hit a new lvl,as you'll get removed from the queue, even though you're in the right bracket when hitting that new lvl. If you're in no hurry, then sure, you will get to 90... eventually. Got some alts around 80, and winning bgs with them doesn't grant me that much xp, but still far more enjoyable than fucking questing, that's for sure.

It's my favourite way level. Queue up for dungeon & BG while I do a few quests. The XP from 88-90 is pretty damn solid.

If you enjoy PVP, def. the best way to do it.

At the lower levels, it's slow compared to questing.
    At higher levels, it's OK.
    It's nice to be able to get a full Brutal set at 70 and have 4k honor when you hit 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowkeys View Post
    It's nice to be able to get a full Brutal set at 70 and have 4k honor when you hit 90.
    This is the only reason to endure low level PvP. As of 5.2, you'll be able to kit yourself out with a Mael wep, leaving 1 conversion of HP into JP or 10 conversions of JP into HP (assuming you cap 4k/4k) giving you 3k HP (3500 Weapon (presumably) leaving 500, 10 conversions of 250 Honor) to spend, presumably on a Freedom trinket (1750) and then start saving for 4 sets.