Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Same health in blood presence

Why? This is an absolutely non-logic change. This have been around always, why change it now?

Also, DK's have been whining that we need defensive buffsin PvP, and this is what they do? jeez

you're reading it wrong sir, it's actually a buff... it will still provide a hp buff, but if you are for example in frost presence and you'll switch to blood presence, some of your health will be missing (you won't be at 100% hp). With this change, you will keep the same percentage of health in/out of blood presence.

This buff doesn't mean that you have the same amount of HP with and without Blood Presence.

It simply means if you have 100% HP in Frost Presence, and you swap to Blood Presence, you'll stay at 100% HP instead of dropping to around 90%.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

15+ Year Old Account
    Been waiting for this fix for a long time
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Example time!

Say you have 100k health in Frost/Unholy.

In 5.1 when you swap to blood presence you gain 25% more health so have 125k maximum hp, but still remain at 100k hp until you get healed by someone.

In 5.2 when you swap to blood presence you gain 25% more health and have 125k maximum hp and if you were at 100k max hp in frost/unholy you would stay at 125k max hp in blood.

So yeah giant buff for presence swapping.

Deleted
    what everyone else said... It's a buff in every way.

Very misunderstood what was meant. I also thought at first that when Blood Pressence would say, give 25% Health increase, that such a thing would be gone. But it's meant and stance-dancing. Which seems fair and reasonable.. And why haven't they done that earlier? Sheesh. Maybe I can go back to WoW now!

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad people. Thanks for clearing it up. :

Its a great change overall, but it does hurt one skillful way to play a DK.

For instance, currently,

One has 40k health out of 100k in frost/unholy presence, Using death pact would heal them to 90k/100k health. (50% health heal)

If one has 40k health out of 100k in frost/ unholy presences and changes to blood presence, they gain 125k max health but still only have 40k. If they then death pact, the death pact will heal them to 102.5k health. If they then swap back to unholy/frost presence, they will be reduced from 102.5k health down to 100k. The difference is an extra 10k healting. ( 20% more healing in this case).

Its a nerf to those who would use percentage based healing but otherwise its a great change. It lets you increase your current health by 25% and get damage reduction that you wouldn't otherwise have.

its like a stamina pvp trinket.if you are at 15% hp at blood presence and switch to frost you will die!

Qol change, but most of the time u sit in BP anyway because it's train the dk day :>
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    its like a stamina pvp trinket.if you are at 15% hp at blood presence and switch to frost you will die!
    Not even close.

So dks are already looking strong as of 5.2 and now they get an essentially free 25% last stand whenever they want it? Great...

You make it sound like going into Blood Presence doesn't have any drawbacks at all.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Not even close.

So dks are already looking strong as of 5.2 and now they get an essentially free 25% last stand whenever they want it? Great...
    I hope you realise that this isn't how it'll work at all since you retain the same percentage of hp. E.g. if you change with 1% hp you'll get a 0,25% health (~1k health) increase, damn that's definitely almost like a last stand!

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    what everyone else said... It's a buff in every way.
    Sorry for being so unrelated but you obtained an RF weapon 5 hours ago? Can you set a raid difficulty to raid finder and go in? This would make for some nice transmog options....
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    I was actually confused with this too, thanks for the explanation! yay.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Sorry for being so unrelated but you obtained an RF weapon 5 hours ago? Can you set a raid difficulty to raid finder and go in? This would make for some nice transmog options....
    Good job noticing that on vmagik's armory. O.o Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I hope you realise that this isn't how it'll work at all since you retain the same percentage of hp. E.g. if you change with 1% hp you'll get a 0,25% health (~1k health) increase, damn that's definitely almost like a last stand!
    Well assuming you dont pop it at 1%, something more reasonable like predicting a switch at 70% or so then yea its pretty much a free last stand considering things like conversion are % based heals as well. I get your point though, it definetly depends on what % you pop it at. Either way, its still a straight health increase.

Deleted
    Still not as much as a last stand, and you lose the advantages from the other presences and all your runic power as well, meaning that you definitely can't afford to swap every time you take a big hit (=down to 70%). It's pretty much exactly like a warrior switching to defensive stance, you sacrifice your resources and damage for a slight survivability increase (just that we now actually can take advantage of the survivability offered from the "stance"). This change is very minor and a quality of life change more than anything else.

I wonder why they didnt just do the same with monk stances o.O