Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why do alliance hang out and duel in stormwind now instead of ironforge?

Ok, i use to play wow back in the level 60 days (vanilla i think you guys call it)
    and i stopped for a few years and came back and now i notice everybody on the alliance now hangs out and duels outside Stormwind.

The alliance use to duel outside Ironforge and they use to be in the AH at Ironforge. now they are at stormwind. And Ironforge is empty.
    Can somebody tell me why everybody moved to stormwind? and when this happended?
    if you understand what im talking about.
    Thanks
    Last edited by superstarz; 2013-02-13 at 11:05 PM.

When Stormwind became the main Alliance hub (portals, anything and everything important happened in Stormwind) back in Cata, I guess. And when they revamped the city and shortened the path between the main bank/auction house.. that sure helped.

Cause AH's are everywhere now.

Deleted
    Because SW got 2 auction houses now and they got all the portals to the cata and mop zones etc.
    And a boat to northrend.

Because a lot of vanilla players don't play anymore? Or that all the portals are in Stormwind?

The portals were there in Cataclysm. Once Cata was over everyone already was used to SW so they just stayed. They also added an extra AH and reduced the time between bank/ah.

Deleted
    Isnt there portals in every capital city, and auction houses and everything. Where is the second auction house in sw?

Well I don't know about your server but since CRZ Ironforge is usually packed on my server. I do know what you mean though, in Cataclysm there was absolutely zero people in Ironforge almost 100% of the time. The reason was because the reforger, portals to the Cata zones, abundance of mailboxes and pretty much everything you needed were in Stormwind while none of it was in Ironforge. Which is a real shame honestly because I love Ironforge.

Stormwind was popular even in WotLK. I'd say about at least 50% used SW and the rest used IF. At least on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Isnt there portals in every capital city, and auction houses and everything. Where is the second auction house in sw?
    Dwarven district.

Not portals to the Cata zones/Pandaria/a ship to Northrend.

And in the Dwarven District.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Well I don't know about your server but since CRZ Ironforge is usually packed on my server. I do know what you mean though, in Cataclysm there was absolutely zero people in Ironforge almost 100% of the time. The reason was because the reforger, portals to the Cata zones, abundance of mailboxes and pretty much everything you needed were in Stormwind while none of it was in Ironforge. Which is a real shame honestly because I love Ironforge.
    I loved Ironforge as well.
    I have a lot of good memories of me dueling my friend outside Ironforge in the snow scenery i love it.

Isnt there portals in every capital city, and auction houses and everything.
    Nope, the portals are only in SW. So are the transmogrifyers, reforgers etc. It's weird how Blizzard says they want to "get people back out into the world" and yet continues to put essential things like reforging only in one city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Nope, the portals are only in SW. So are the transmogrifyers, reforgers etc. It's weird how Blizzard says they want to "get people back out into the world" and yet continues to put essential things like reforging only in one city.
    Yep, well, two if you count the shrines.

Just heavy handed crap from Blizz stuffing all the goodies into one city.. I say heavy handed because it was probably an attempt to get people to cluster together to foster some kind of 'community' or some sense that the world was busy. That kinda backfired.

I wish they would spread it out a bit, have reforging/transmog in their own hub spots in the world or something. Also what ever happened with gnomergan ? I haven't played a gnome ever since seeing the whole reclaim events, but they still don't seem to have their own kind of spot. but yeah , a few of the cities need some blizz tlc and give people more incentive to travel.

WTB Dun Morogh dueling back. Make IF the main city again. Give a lore reason where Stormwind collapses economically and needs to pull back for a time, giving the rich Dwarves the chance to be the flagship race for a while. Makes sense too given how many god damn resources they've sunk into wars.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    WTB Dun Morogh dueling back. Make IF the main city again. Give a lore reason where Stormwind collapses economically and needs to pull back for a time, giving the rich Dwarves the chance to be the flagship race for a while. Makes sense too given how many god damn resources they've sunk into wars.
    It took them so long to fix the front towers after Deathwing's attack, you figure that would have been the perfect time to shift some of the spotlight back to Ironforge. With all the portals and hubs right there in Stormwind, I haven't been to Dun Morogh in ages myself, admittedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    SW is just the place to be, broski!

Deleted
    SW/OGR is boring.
    Ironforge, Exodar, Silvermoon and Thunder Bluff is where it's at. Or Dalaran if you wanna be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    cause it smells of dorfs and everyone was happy to finally mover from that sweat-stenched cave, and couldnt use nelfs capital cause eversince worgen puppies were adopted, they started topee on all trees and leave general mess. Exodar was an option but noone knows how to get anywhere in that twisted spacegoat ship so SW it is ;>