Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    SW gained popularity on my server, right as TBC launched. I suspect because it was closer to the Dark Portal, and the Karazhan raid.
    Then, came the portal era...

Deleted
    They really need to shut down the portals in SW/OGR and spread them out across the other citys. The Ethereals should open a shop in every city as well, including Dalaran and Shattrath.
    The Dalaran teleport ring should also be available as a Shattrath version, and it's cooldown reduced to 15 min.

10+ Year Old Account
    For as long as I can remember (Wrath), people have duelled right outside the SW gates.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Because once they had the choice to get out of Ironforge, everyone jumped at it. Stormwind is the best city in the game, why wouldn't you hang out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Because once they had the choice to get out of Ironforge, everyone jumped at it. Stormwind is the best city in the game, why wouldn't you hang out there?
    I think it is the best city. But wouldn't mind to go someplace else once in a while to come back later to SW and appriciate it again in all its splendor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    That's like saying every english person should live in London and nowhere else, every other english city would be deserted. How dull that would be.

You think Ironforge is empty? Try visiting Darnassus these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognomen View Post
    You think Ironforge is empty? Try visiting Darnassus these days.
    IF is actually quite busy. CRZ....

Cause it was right next to the portals in cata thats the reason SW blossomed and the other cities died

plus there seems to be much more space outside of SW to duel than near Ironforge

The reason why cities like darn seem more popular these days is cause of CRZ which allows other servers to meet at cities except SW and Org

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    IF is actually quite busy. CRZ....
    Not nearly as busy as Dalaran, IF is nowadays still more deserted than it was during WotLK.

On a related note, getting spammed by Rhonin every 10 mins is getting annoying lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portals, transmogrifier, reforger, item upgrader, and barber shop...not to mention docks where boats go anywhere you could want to go.

Once I figured out I could get to most services in IF faster than I could in SW, I've been going there from the portal in the Shrine. In SW, you need to run out of the Mage Tower before you can mount, but it only takes a second to get out of the Mage room in IF and mount up. I'll even go to IF to get to DMF.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    IF sucked. SW sucks. Give me Gilneas.
    You're going to have to take it back first..

*the Forsaken smiles, revealing rotten flesh around his teeth*

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    You're going to have to take it back first..

*the Forsaken smiles, revealing rotten flesh around his teeth*
    Haha totally true. And a lot of Forsaken would come and fight too right? For a place they don't even use except for "storing" some plaguefilled wagons. The entire city is empty. Save for a few wagons at the entrance. You guys sure pick your battles well fighting for what is worth keeping

Deleted
    I do miss Ironforge, as much as I do Thunder Bluff. Shame they didn't extend the revamps and the goodies (extra AHs, portals etc) to other cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironforge died entirely at the start of cata. One of the t11 raids is literally a minute away from SW, in addition the portal hub for the cata zones is in SW. I've personally disliked Ironforge for a long time though I'm still not sure why I dislike it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I do miss Ironforge, as much as I do Thunder Bluff. Shame they didn't extend the revamps and the goodies (extra AHs, portals etc) to other cities.
    I agree but I do feel CRZ are a part of this. IF and other none SW cities are now CRZ. If we would have all the goodies that SW has in the other cities where CRZ was and as such make SW the only bastion where CRZ wasn't present. You'd probably (unless you didn't care ofc) still go to SW or Oggy. Or Blizzard would make all cities CRZ and people would complain about their server not feeling like "home" anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Just heavy handed crap from Blizz stuffing all the goodies into one city.. I say heavy handed because it was probably an attempt to get people to cluster together to foster some kind of 'community' or some sense that the world was busy. That kinda backfired.
    Frankly, having to go out into Pandaria to spend down my honor points or turn in raiding tokens/buy valor gear has gotten pretty darn annoying.

Anyway... they should have put portals to the Cataclysm zones (and now Jade forest) in every city. They gave no good reason for not doing it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    SW gained popularity on my server, right as TBC launched. I suspect because it was closer to the Dark Portal, and the Karazhan raid.
    Then, came the portal era...
    On the servers I've played on this has been the case. SW became the place to be in TBC, not cata. Or rather, some pvpers still hang out in IF since there were fewer people around and they could go about their business with less lag and more duels. But the majority hang out at SW and a lot of duels took place there too. Probably due to Karazhan and the Dark Portal as Zeverin said.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    On the servers I've played on this has been the case. SW became the place to be in TBC, not cata. Or rather, some pvpers still hang out in IF since there were fewer people around and they could go about their business with less lag and more duels. But the majority hang out at SW and a lot of duels took place there too. Probably due to Karazhan and the Dark Portal as Zeverin said.
    Well, Ironforge on my server was still flocked with people all the way up until Cataclysm came about... It was entirely the portals that sealed its fate, and I imagine this was true for other servers as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.