Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakku View Post
    -snip-
    Well that is a tough one.

I'm not sure because I don't know how good 502 wushoolay is but I think it will be the valor trinket (volatile talisman) and heroic LotC.

Thats a lot of haste. Does all your gear have haste or are you using 320 haste gems? Things have changed since 5.1 and gemming int/haste might be higher dps.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Sakku View Post
    Hello,

I'm still wondering about my trinkets choice for my frostmage (ilvl504)
    I have:
    - 2/2 RoY
    - 0/2 normal EoT
    - 0/2 hc LoC
    - valor trinket
    - lfr wushoolay

What do you suggest? (i'm already at ~11k haste)

Thank you :-)
    Use valor trinket + the 502 Wush

You must be gemming 320 haste which is a dps loss. Gem for int

What about:

1/2 RoY
    0/2 normal EoT
    0/2 assault trinket

I'm leaning toward RoY+assault, but EoT+assault WOULD be a metric buttload of haste. Thoughts? (This is for Frost.)

10+ Year Old Account
    RoY + Volatile Talisman if you're using frost bomb.

EoT + Volatile Talisman if you're using nether tempest.

It's very close and you could really just use any combination.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

*edit* in reply to Sakku *edit*

If you are frost, you are going to find that AMR ranks the lower ilvl int trinkets higher than wushoolay. I would definitely use the valor trinket, and for me, in 507 ilvl, it ranks my 0/2 RoY higher than my normal EoT and my 1/2 LotC simply because RoY yields a much higher int average I believe.

If you are using AMR, I think it is still safe to trust the rankings of the trinkets within the same tier, and then you can make a judgement call or do some quick napkin math on the value of the hit from Wushoolay to see if it will give you comparable stat for stat gain to the average int of another option. However, for frost, I don't think Wushoolay will achieve this, given your choices.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    I'm leaning toward RoY+assault, but EoT+assault WOULD be a metric buttload of haste. Thoughts? (This is for Frost.)
    You have to keep in mind the ICD on EoT though. I think for raw throughput, even given the bomb changes, you will be better off with RoY for frost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icerus View Post
    did some reading here i got Yu'lon 2/2 and LotC normal 0/2. im ilvl 501 fire mage. Should i get that VP trinket or not ? and wich should i replace?
    Thanks!!!
    Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
    I'd go with Relic + VP trinket and use NT/FB, not Living bomb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    I'd go with Relic + VP trinket and use NT/FB, not Living bomb
    i use nether tempest Thanks for the comment

I'm playing Frost, and am currently using Essence of Terror (Normal mode, 2/2, ilvl 504) and Relic of Yu'lon (2/2, ilvl 484).
    I am thinking of purchasing the Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault (Valor Points, ilvl 522) but I'm not sure which trinket to replace.
    I must say I am far from being an expert concerning the likes of trinkets. I have no idea if two trinkets with static intellect and haste procs will have limitations regarding proc rate. (If one trinket procs haste, will it prevent the other trinket from proccing haste until afterwards, or can they both proc at the same time?)
    I'd imagine that if they both procced at the same time, my Frostbolts would be way under the GCD, but I'm curious as to know the answer to my question anyway. :P

Any help is much appreciated!

EDIT: I should add that I also have Light of the Cosmos (Normal mode, 0/2, ilvl 489) in my bags.
    Last edited by Pixil; 2013-03-15 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I'm playing Frost, and am currently using Essence of Terror (Normal mode, 2/2, ilvl 504) and Relic of Yu'lon (2/2, ilvl 484).
    I am thinking of purchasing the Volatile Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault (Valor Points, ilvl 522) but I'm not sure which trinket to replace.
    I must say I am far from being an expert concerning the likes of trinkets. I have no idea if two trinkets with static intellect and haste procs will have limitations regarding proc rate. (If one trinket procs haste, will it prevent the other trinket from proccing haste until afterwards, or can they both proc at the same time?)
    I'd imagine that if they both procced at the same time, my Frostbolts would be way under the GCD, but I'm curious as to know the answer to my question anyway. :P

Any help is much appreciated!

EDIT: I should add that I also have Light of the Cosmos (Normal mode, 0/2, ilvl 489) in my bags.
    I am in the exact same position as you. I replaced the upgraded EoT with the VTotSA. It's a direct upgrade. The Relic as Frost is slightly better than EoT.

Deleted
    Got an new trinket last night from extra loot! Wushoolay's Final Choice normal

Have now:
    2/2 Yi'lun
    0/2 LotC

Should i replace 1 and wich 1 ?
    Thanks

2/2 Yi'lun
    0/2 LotC
    I also have exactly those trinkets, and am also interested which one I should replace should I get an upgrade.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    I also have exactly those trinkets, and am also interested which one I should replace should I get an upgrade.
    I was trying to figure out my own trinkets and I found this rather useful link about 5.1 trinkets:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t131795-...cussion_5_1_a/

Scroll down because he did a second pass of the trinkets with Fire/Frost using Nether Tempest over LB/FB respectively. Relic of Yu'lon 2/2 is really powerful, so I think in most cases it beats out LotC normal, but for heroic it's very close.

Great, exactly what I was looking for!

In the 2nd pass LotC 2/2 actually beats RoY 2/2 for fire, but barely. I think I'll keep my RoY equipped, personal taste.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    I was trying to figure out my own trinkets and I found this rather useful link about 5.1 trinkets:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t131795-...cussion_5_1_a/

Scroll down because he did a second pass of the trinkets with Fire/Frost using Nether Tempest over LB/FB respectively. Relic of Yu'lon 2/2 is really powerful, so I think in most cases it beats out LotC normal, but for heroic it's very close.
    can some one make something like that thread about the new 5.2 trinkets?

15+ Year Old Account
    That depends on how well SimC currently models both the trinkets and the new 5.2 mages. Speaking of which, those lists are probably not accurate for Arcane, because Arcane has changed significantly in 5.2 and those measurements are from 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    That depends on how well SimC currently models both the trinkets and the new 5.2 mages. Speaking of which, those lists are probably not accurate for Arcane, because Arcane has changed significantly in 5.2 and those measurements are from 5.1
    So where have you been Dire? Haven't seen you on here in a hot minute.

I personally would trust AMR's values out of hand. maybe if you are looking for an exceptional evaluation of trinket specific to your gear and spec at that specific point in gearing, it could perhaps be a little off, but in general they seem pretty spot on.

It most certainly does snap shot on combustion and Nether Tempest you can't miss it when you use them with the 100% crit proc.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2l0fs...DARCANE&page=1 you'll see it when it happens. hmm post I was replying to disappeared
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-03-16 at 02:27 AM.

there are many posts about frost, but im more interested in fire.

can someone please make a list of the NEW trinkets from best to worst? i understand they still make changes to the mechanics, but still, when the trinkets drop, we need some guidance what is a must and what can wait.

thank you