Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    there are many posts about frost, but im more interested in fire.

can someone please make a list of the NEW trinkets from best to worst? i understand they still make changes to the mechanics, but still, when the trinkets drop, we need some guidance what is a must and what can wait.

thank you
    1 trinket is Cha-Ye's with 99% certainty. And the other is a throw between Breath of the hydra and Wushoolay's. That's only my personal feel though.

So for the list..

Cha-Ye's>Breath/Wushoolay's>Unerring
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-03-17 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    1 trinket is Cha-Ye's with 99% certainty. And the other is a throw between Breath of the hydra and Wushoolay's. That's only my personal feel though.

So for the list..

i got Wushoolay's, but use relic & LotC ! wich should i swap ? and the hit to crit i guess?

I have
    496 EoT
    476 RoY
    502 Wushoolay
    Which one should I use for fire? and which one should I use for frost? thanks!
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the 'new' Breath of the Hydra (ilvl 522) with improved proc frequency now better than ilvl 510 Light of the Cosmos for Fire?
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Is the 'new' Breath of the Hydra (ilvl 522) with improved proc frequency now better than ilvl 510 Light of the Cosmos for Fire?
    I still dunno. Like how it is atm, you are pretty quaranteed to get a proc from your first dot tick with the new hydra at the start of the fight, which means you will have massive start burst, but its still unpredictable after that.

Deleted
    i got the 522 hydra trinket its really good now. today on 25 man elder council heroic attempts with this procced along with LotC I managed a 208k ignite :>> 524k pyro crits ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    I better go restore mine then. I disenchanted it because LotC HC 2/2 was better. Running with that and the VP trinket at the moment.
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    I think Wushoolay's vs. BoH is an interesting topic.

The potential benefit of Wushoolay's outweighs BoH - having near-maximum stacks as your building your Combustion is obviously better as you well get increased Intellect gains. However, for your Combustions to be equally (or better) than those built w/ BoH proc you would have to have at least 6 stacks on Wushoolay's, which is 12 seconds into the duration (the actual figure is 5.5 stacks but rounding up as 5 is below), meaning it has to be pretty specific.
    If we then consider that the net overall gain from the two trinkets is the same (7333 Int (averaged for WuSh) per proc), I think BoH will be a winner purely due to the fact it's more consistent.
    Just some generic theorycrafting, very little maths. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Running Fire spec,

I've been stuck with LotC RF and Essence of Terror RF for quite some time now, my other trinket is Relic of Yulon 2/2, debating between buying the Valor trinket or just waiting for Wushoolay's to drop. Any thought's suggestions?

So for the list..

Why not U.Vision better than Breath/Wusho.

I Think a good use of the UV may put fire on paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Why not U.Vision better than Breath/Wusho.

I Think a good use of the UV may put fire on paradise.
    The gain is pretty low in the end, as mages are allready running at 50%+ fireball crit rates. And the RPPM is WAY too low to make it impact fire in any way. Mind you it procs of your first spell if you are out of combat for more than 5 mins. Now if it were ICD or On use trinket with 45-1 min cd then yes it would be good, but as it ain't it falls off to being 1 of the worst trinkets for fire this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still wondering whether the updated 522 Breath of the Hydra is better than 510 Light of the Cosmos for Fire with Nether Tempest. Does anyone know if AskMrRobot and Simcraft are updated with the new 'cheating' RPPM proc of it?
    Armory
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    I am still wondering whether the updated 522 Breath of the Hydra is better than 510 Light of the Cosmos for Fire with Nether Tempest. Does anyone know if AskMrRobot and Simcraft are updated with the new 'cheating' RPPM proc of it?
    Why not both at the same time?

In the end it depends what is your other trinket(s), like for me, I got the Shado-pan assault, Heroic 2/2 Cosmos and 522 Hydra, and Cosmos + Hydra beats any other combination, though cosmos seems to be only a bit ahead of shado-pan assault trinket when I have hydra on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not both at the same time?

In the end it depends what is your other trinket(s), like for me, I got the Shado-pan assault, Heroic 2/2 Cosmos and 522 Hydra, and Cosmos + Hydra beats any other combination, though cosmos seems to be only a bit ahead of shado-pan assault trinket when I have hydra on.
    I've got the VP trinket, 510 LotC and a disenchanted 522 BotH (can restore). Going off sims when we had our second BotH trinket drop it was Shado-Pan > LotC 2/2 > BotH for me, but that was before the increase in proc rate. Just wondering if that could have changed after the update. I'm inclined to think it has. I'll do some more research and see if I can dig up an answer, though I need to know whether the change has gone into SimCraft yet. If it hasn't then there really is no point to doing more sims for the moment.
    Armory
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    simcraft 520-3 does have the rppm changes in it.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thank you very much for the swift reply.
    Armory
    Twitter

who the fuck disenchants trinkets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Our crafted boots are pretty good...
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Our crafted boots are pretty good...
    ikr.... i dont think ill get one replaced until ra den..... and im arcane!!!

btw anyone else here play arcane??? hello??(echos......)

probably going for breath of hydra and Wushoolay's, the shado pan trinket is soooo good atm :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    who the fuck disenchants trinkets?
    At the time it wasn't an upgrade for anyone in the raid so I disenchanted it. ^^

By the way, trinkets do not give Haunting Spirits. I ticketed a GM about this and he said that it was unintended but he couldn't give me another one. I will therefore restore the trinket regardless of it being an upgrade or not; because if it still isn't then I'll just disenchant it again when they have fixed it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 07:18 AM ----------

Okay, just did the sim.

In my gear ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Kefka/simple ) ilvl 515 Fire these were the results with Invocation and Nether Tempest.

Light of the Cosmos 2/2, reforge=haste>crit: 139975 DPS
    Breath of the Hydra, reforge=haste>crit: 142523

Keep in mind that it might differ in you guys' gear, but for me BotH is better than 510 LotC after the change. Time to go restore it! ^_^
    Armory
    Twitter